News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

:brickwall:   What the hell is going on here ?  I've been real sick for a few days and am still ill and come back to this.   :icon_smile_angry: Jeff and I have alot of our time into this and I don't want it to stray one inch from BK Automotive.  We have many eyes watching this and I want us to conduct ourselves accordingly.    Thank you,  Chuck...............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Back N Black

Quote from: BIRD67 on March 26, 2009, 02:15:54 PM
I have never bought anything from Auto-Rust, but I have heard ALOT of great things about them, hell, they were featured in plenty of magazines, the most notable one I can think of is the Safe-T-Cap on the '72 Chally in Mopar Muscle.. Now, you come on here and start talking shit, let's see some proof! Stop hijacking this post and Screw off! If you have something personal, SAY IT TO THEM, there is no need to bring your shit to the table! Let's try and get back on topic now!

Hey birdman, why don't you send him a PM if you want to rip him a new one. I agree with skip68, this is going way out to left feild.

AutoRust

Guys, I again apologize for this thread being hijacked. I am amazed he decided to rip my company here. I know it was foolish of me to get into it here with him, but just could not let him trash me like that without defending my company.I wish he started a new thread if he wanted to get some silly debate going on. I have no problem going word for word, sentence to sentence with him, but understand this isnt the place.
Sorry Jeff, Sorry Chuck, I know I started this when I put my offer out to Jeff, But I didn't expect the replies to get out of hand.

Dave

My hope is Mr.Mod can clean all the nonsense out
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

jb666

No sweat!! Tomorrow when I head to the shop I'll take some nice pictures... I'll also put the torque boxes in place and show everyone here how they look!!

Thanks again!!

Dark Screen

Quote from: jb666 on March 27, 2009, 02:08:24 PM
No sweat!! Tomorrow when I head to the shop I'll take some nice pictures... I'll also put the torque boxes in place and show everyone here how they look!!

Thanks again!!

Hi Jeff, I just had a thought:

With all the photos you are taking and uploading for this forum, are you resizing and rotating them individually?

If so, may I recommend that you try out Faststone Image Viewer http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm.

It is an excellent program which can resize, rename and convert groups of photos at once saving you lots of time.

I've been using it for over a year and can thoroughly recommend it.  It is free to use and only 4mb to download and along with the ability to batch process images (which has saved me so many hours) it is also an excellent image viewer and organizer.

Hope this didn't sound too much like an advert, just thought it might be helpful  :laugh: 

--Matt

jb666

Quote from: Dark Screen on March 28, 2009, 05:07:16 AM
Quote from: jb666 on March 27, 2009, 02:08:24 PM

Thanks again!!

Hi Jeff, I just had a thought:

With all the photos you are taking and uploading for this forum, are you resizing and rotating them individually?

If so, may I recommend that you try out Faststone Image Viewer http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm.

It is an excellent program which can resize, rename and convert groups of photos at once saving you lots of time.

I've been using it for over a year and can thoroughly recommend it.  It is free to use and only 4mb to download and along with the ability to batch process images (which has saved me so many hours) it is also an excellent image viewer and organizer.

Hope this didn't sound too much like an advert, just thought it might be helpful  :laugh: 

--Matt

Matt -- Thanks for the suggestion, I will download/install that now!

I just got back from the shop and am very pleased with the car, as usual. This week's pictures won't look that much "different" as most of the things done aren't something a camera would capture.  But the car is one step closer to primer, and once it's in primer, it'll be brought over to Jon's shop on the flat bed where the torque boxes will be welded on and the push bar will be re-installed (REMOVABLE, of course, but not obvious).

On to the torque boxes.. The guy from the shop was impressed with the quality and thought they'd be a great addition to my car. I didn't get any pictures of these in place because the car's not on a lift, so it'd be a bit difficult to hold them up and snap a shot. It'll be a couple of weeks on those, but I'm looking forwar to it!

The rear quarter trim pcs have me wondering, the bottom of the trim pc (that my old pcs didn't have) curve in to the body. On your cars, do these TOUCH the metal or do they leave a slight gap?? I wanted to see a couple of cars to compare..

:popcrn:

Here's what I'm referring to. If it's not supposed to be this way it'll have to be modified.

skip68

They fit flush against the car.   :scratchchin:   Just dab some bondo in there and you will never know it was wrong.  :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Anyways, on to some pictures.. First, I was siked today.. The man behind the curtain adjusted my front ride height for me. It was not only too low up front, but it was almost 2" lower on the passenger's side than the driver's side  :o

So now it's not only level, but it's a safe driving height (for the road conditions around here). I like the looks of it this way, and I don't have to worry about ripping my oil pan off!!

This shot's great, it shows the new height but it also shows how crisp the body lines are going to be!!

The small (only remaining) hole in the lower rocker panel was cut out and new metal put in it's place, and the driver's door is pretty much done and ready for primer! He discovered that inside the door there's supposed to be a bracket at the bottom that holds the corner window in place. This bracket is in the passenger's door but missing from the driver's door.  :shruggy: All that's left is a small strand of rust where it once was... Nothing he can't work with though.

And these body lines, I love them!!!  :drool5:

And check out this tractor I shot a picture of at the shop next to my guys:

:drool5: :drool5:

jb666

And this was at Jon's today.. I LOVE Dusters. This is an awesome car, and go figure, another Orange Mopar from Texas!!!!

And finally, the 340 that moves this thing down the 1/4 in 10 seconds!!!  :o

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on March 28, 2009, 02:10:01 PM
They fit flush against the car.   :scratchchin:   Just dab some bondo in there and you will never know it was wrong.  :nana:

What's odd is the metal on the back that these pcs are supposed to mate against is original. That was the one area that didn't need replacing!! So it's definitely the manufacturing of this part.

Can you post a picture of yours? Or someone here?  :popcrn:

General_01

Quote from: jb666 on March 28, 2009, 02:20:27 PM
And this was at Jon's today.. I LOVE Dusters. This is an awesome car, and go figure, another Orange Mopar from Texas!!!!

And finally, the 340 that moves this thing down the 1/4 in 10 seconds!!!  :o

You must not like that car then. That's a Demon. :nana:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

charger01

Car looks fabulaous man.  Kudos for you for all you have done to it, but why smooth over the rear valance corners after all that work, and get those wheels off there.  They are gonna be a pain to get clean now.   :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_big:

FLG

jb666

Quote from: charger01 on March 28, 2009, 08:18:15 PM
Car looks fabulaous man.  Kudos for you for all you have done to it, but why smooth over the rear valance corners after all that work, and get those wheels off there.  They are gonna be a pain to get clean now.   :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_big:

Actually, we aren't smoothing them over. Initially I wanted it that way, so I had the body line(s) filled in. Just today we put the plan in motion to restore that body line so people wouldn't "assume" it was filled over with mud.. I actually LIKE the looks of it smooth, but I've already heard several people mention it, so I figured it was a sign of things to come  :lol:

As for the wheels, they are coming off. The only thing on them right now is dust.  :cheers:

charger01

:2thumbs:  Good deal.  Glad to hear it.  if it makes you happy though, leave em.  just my  :Twocents:

jb666

Quote from: charger01 on March 28, 2009, 09:01:21 PM
:2thumbs:  Good deal.  Glad to hear it.  if it makes you happy though, leave em.  just my  :Twocents:

Nah, after talking with the man with the turbo van about the lines he agreed with me.. I'll be getting a lot of comments of "oh this wasn't done right, it's filled in with Bondo" , when in reality, I had them filled in with metal... They'll be perfect lines though...

A few weeks ago..

Even though it was only a couple of months ago, this seems like it was YEARS ago!!

jb666

Quote from: FLG on March 28, 2009, 08:33:38 PM
Gotta love the rubber on those quarters  :2thumbs:

Yeah, they were covered. The car really was awesome.. I'm partial to those..

It dawned on me today.. Although I've owned over 40 GM products, I've always LOVED old Mopars.. Dusters, Challengers, Cudas, Chargers, Roadrunners, etc..... Not sure why I never owned one   :slap:

charger01

Iam sure everyone else would agree.  I know those corner pieces are alot of work to get right.  If I notice a car with those valance corners done correctly, it just helps to reassure of the rest of the body work done correct imo.  Smoothed over corners are just a big red flag, even though alot of guys do it because they like the look.  I made sure my body guy kept the lines there.  Just a pet peeve I guess.  Regardless, your car is gonna be one sweet ride when done.

jb666

Quote from: charger01 on March 28, 2009, 09:26:14 PM
Iam sure everyone else would agree.  I know those corner pieces are alot of work to get right.  If I notice a car with those valance corners done correctly, it just helps to reassure of the rest of the body work done correct imo.  Smoothed over corners are just a big red flag, even though alot of guys do it because they like the look.  I made sure my body guy kept the lines there.  Just a pet peeve I guess.  Regardless, your car is gonna be one sweet ride when done.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm still learning here, too.. Things I might "like" won't go over big with some.. Hell , I know that's the case since I'll have a big flag on my roof  :lol:

captnsim

Jeff... Car is looking great. Looks like it will be in primer real soon. Here is a pic of my trim fitment. Hope this helps. If you need another angle let me know.  :cheers: 

jb666

Thanks!!! It sucks, but for $150 youd expect these to fit right.

captnsim

Jeff, Here is a couple shots of one laying flat on the stud's. I measured the left and right pieces and they where the same. Maybe this will help you tell if it's the parts or your car. If its the trim they are pot metal and can be reshaped with a little heat. Just make sure who ever does this knows what they are doing or you could have a puddle of slag.  :cheers:       

skip68

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: skip68 on March 30, 2009, 02:41:15 PM
Time to turn up the heat on Texas.   :yesnod:   Stay tuned. 

Like sands through the hourglass.....and as a matter of fact it is warming up quite nicely out there my dad tells me. But I think he meant something else.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Back N Black