News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiCharger

I don't remember if I said this before but I called up Texas Toy Box asking about the R4 or R6 440 4-Speed Charger for sale and they wanted $76,600.

Them BK and HLPAG  :brickwall: Turn the heat up
Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on March 30, 2009, 06:28:43 PM
Quote from: skip68 on March 30, 2009, 02:41:15 PM
Time to turn up the heat on Texas.   :yesnod:   Stay tuned. 

Like sands through the hourglass.....and as a matter of fact it is warming up quite nicely out there my dad tells me. But I think he meant something else.

Must do!!!  :yesnod:
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

d/ur/t

Things are looking good.

Just wondering how wide those front tyres are initially I thought the front on these wouldn't handle too much tyre but GL looks sweet.

Nice of BK to keep slipping the slipper in {so to speak} with little rusty bits popping up every now and then.Soon you'll rid the GL of his tardiness.

cheers from Australia

jb666

Quote from: d/ur/t on March 30, 2009, 07:45:33 PM
Things are looking good.

Just wondering how wide those front tyres are initially I thought the front on these wouldn't handle too much tyre but GL looks sweet.

Nice of BK to keep slipping the slipper in {so to speak} with little rusty bits popping up every now and then.Soon you'll rid the GL of his tardiness.

cheers from Australia

Thanks!!  :cheers: You're right, I keep telling myself the same thing.. "pretty soon"  :lol:

Quote from: Back N Black on March 30, 2009, 07:13:01 PM
In the meantime, is BK still restoring cars or shut down?

You know, that's a good question.. I suppose that's a time sensitive question?   :icon_smile_big:

scatpack69

I can't wait to see it finished. I wish I could bring my Charger up there for the bodywork.

skip68

Jeff, next time you go to the shop can you get a few good pics of the steering box ?    Thank's.   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

How's things going Jeff?? Did you figure out why your rear trim fitment was off?  :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on April 02, 2009, 10:44:35 AM
How's things going Jeff?? Did you figure out why your rear trim fitment was off?  :cheers:

Yeah, thanks to your pictures we discovered it was a poorly manufactured part. Good thing for $150 you get something that FITS. Thanks B&E.  :cheers: (if you only distribute it, I apologize), but the measurements on mine don't match yours.

Onward and upward, they'll be made to fit.  :cheers:

Quote from: skip68 on April 01, 2009, 12:59:12 AM
Jeff, next time you go to the shop can you get a few good pics of the steering box ?    Thank's.   :cheers:

Talked to the shop today. This is an (unpainted) stock steering box in my car. Another BK LIE.

Quote from: scatpack69 on March 31, 2009, 08:34:51 AM
I can't wait to see it finished. I wish I could bring my Charger up there for the bodywork.

Seriously, I agree. These guys are amazing.

And for those that PM'd me (and messaged here) my wheels are coming off before the car is primed. Right now it's nothing more than dust on them.

FLG

FLG

jb666

I will. I remember when I ordered these the guy answering the phones had a great personality and seemed very eager to do business.. Hopefully they are responsive.

68r/t

Quote from: jb666 on April 02, 2009, 12:17:59 PM
I will. I remember when I ordered these the guy answering the phones had a great personality and seemed very eager to do business.. Hopefully they are responsive.
I would ring Mike @ BEA and tell him your problem, he will send you another set without any hesitation as he prides himself on his return policy.
I had a trim piece that did not fit well and he sent another out immediately and I am in Australia so the service is great,  the replacement trim fitted alot better.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

I'm not sure if today will be picture day after all... Apparently they had a couple of other projects to wrap up this week and didn't get much done on my car... We'll see  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: i'm just curious,.. how much money have you spent so far?...  :shruggy:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

jb666

I haven't tallied it up.. but even if I were to, I wouldn't post it up here quite yet. Don't you worry, all the nitty gritty details will be made public once the lawsuit hits the ground running.  It's enough $$ to make me regret starting this and not just buying an '09 Challenger I can tell you that much.. But I'd get bored with that pretty quick and would be modifying the Hell out of it.

:cheers: :cheers:

jb666

Ok, here are a few shots I took today while at the shop.. First, I understood at the beginning of the week that they were under some pressure to get the 'ice cream truck' painted, and that it was priority this week.. Now that it's rolling they'll be jamming on my car, so I know things won't grind to a halt. Don't panic!!

Here's the ice cream truck that'll actually be used AS AN ICE CREAM TRUCK at car shows this season!! It'll be really cool seeing it out there!!

And here it is, in pieces, in the spray booth:

Now.. On to my car. One good thing is, after doing a couple of color panels we've settled on the exact color for my car.. It's Hemi Orange with a little 'twist'. Nothing too outrageous but it'll definitely be MY CAR. The door numbers and roof graphics are being painted on and won't just be a flat "decal looking" paint, you'll DEFINITELY know these are painted on.. It'll be VERY cool!!

Here are a couple of 'different stages' of my car in this same position in front of the booth...

And now...

Just a random shot of a REALLY cool old Pontiac with a TURN TABLE under the dash.

It's funny, but scrolling back and seeing these shots really makes me sick...What  a pig this car was...

:eek2:

skip68

;)   Looking good Jeff.   :cheers:   I wish I could see a sneak preview of the color.  :yesnod:  Hint, hint.  You know I can keep a quiet. 

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on April 04, 2009, 03:36:36 PM
;)   Looking good Jeff.   :cheers:   I wish I could see a sneak preview of the color.  :yesnod:  Hint, hint.  You know I can keep a quiet. 

I tried taking a few pictures of the metal, but the pictures did the real thing no justice.. It's awesome and will never leave anyone wondering "is this his car??" without jumping the shark and going too far overboard.

Tilar

You know, Jeff... I'd have probably been in jail by now and BK would be ground temperature. You are definitely a better man than I am.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on April 04, 2009, 05:11:52 PM
You know, Jeff... I'd have probably been in jail by now and BK would be ground temperature. You are definitely a better man than I am.

Let's not go that far , I've definitely had some thoughts that would get me in big trouble, but for once in my life I'm trying to do the RIGHT thing here and not let my actions get me in trouble.. I'm going to give Johnny Law a workout in this case... 

I will be honest with you though.. If I knew 1/100 of what I know now about this car I NEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVER would have driven to Maryland. I still sit here looking at some of these pictures and think about what a scum bag Brian is. He's nothing more than a cowering pu**y that I KNOW is reading this thinking "Wow am I lucky!!"... But Brian, I have a message for you pal, your luck is about to run out.. Ever been served before? Let me know how that feels  :cheers: