News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I also got word today that BK has sent out two more emails to people on "the list" talking about recent vehicles they've finished.. Apparently I'm off "the list" because I didn't get them, but I will.

skip68

Soon Jeff, soon.   :yesnod:  Just stay focused on the car and making the right moves and you will be fine.  Make sure to let the attorney's see those papers I sent you and make copies of them.  Or, scan them in your puter.  :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on April 04, 2009, 07:07:40 PM
Soon Jeff, soon.   :yesnod:  Just stay focused on the car and making the right moves and you will be fine.  Make sure to let the attorney's see those papers I sent you and make copies of them.  Or, scan them in your puter.  :2thumbs: 

Oh, I will. I have E-Copies of everything.. Every word.. Every Document... Every Image..

mopar73

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

One thing I forgot to mention though out all of this is that Jason from Gunslinger has been an excellent resource for me. He's easy to work with, I have my parts VERY QUICKLY, and he's beat everyone's prices.. So it's long over due (since I bought all of my new AMD metal from him) to give credit!!

Jason Kubinski, The Gunslinger Dude
WWW.Pistolgrip727.com
gunslinger727@earthlink.net 775-750-0988
Gunslinger Automotive Products, Inc
11518 Highway 10 N
Foster, Ky 41043

If you guys are looking for an honest vendor that actually cares about the parts he pushes, give him a call.  :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on April 05, 2009, 11:06:31 AM
One thing I forgot to mention though out all of this is that Jason from Gunslinger has been an excellent resource for me. He's easy to work with, I have my parts VERY QUICKLY, and he's beat everyone's prices.. So it's long over due (since I bought all of my new AMD metal from him) to give credit!!

Jason Kubinski, The Gunslinger Dude
WWW.Pistolgrip727.com
gunslinger727@earthlink.net 775-750-0988
Gunslinger Automotive Products, Inc
11518 Highway 10 N
Foster, Ky 41043

If you guys are looking for an honest vendor that actually cares about the parts he pushes, give him a call.  :cheers:

I second that!! Jason is GREAT!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 68r/t on April 02, 2009, 06:33:01 PM
Quote from: jb666 on April 02, 2009, 12:17:59 PM
I will. I remember when I ordered these the guy answering the phones had a great personality and seemed very eager to do business.. Hopefully they are responsive.
I would ring Mike @ BEA and tell him your problem, he will send you another set without any hesitation as he prides himself on his return policy.
I had a trim piece that did not fit well and he sent another out immediately and I am in Australia so the service is great,  the replacement trim fitted alot better.

I spoke with Mike just now.. He said out of all of the parts from the run he (is still selling) there hasn't been any complaints.. Originally he thought it was because I had new AMD quarters on the car, but I explained that the quarters didn't go that far back, and that it was original metal back there...

But either way, the rear bumper pretty much covers this area, so what ever the shop can't finesse and cover up will be hidden and I'm not going to worry about it.

That said though, I'd have been a bit more aggressive on my search for a USED set if I knew these would fit like this.. Live and learn

:cheers:

skip68

BK AUTO BANNED FROM CARDOMAIN.  Remember, I made a call a few weeks ago to Cardomain in Seattle and made them aware of what these idiots are doing and gave them the link to this site.   Looks like they want nothing to do with Thomas Schubert or BK Automotive.   :naughty: :whistling:  More to come later.   Chuck..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

runningman

Quote from: jb666 on April 06, 2009, 11:36:33 AM
I will. I remember when I ordered these the guy answering the phones had a great personality and seemed very eager to do business.. Hopefully they are responsive.
I would ring Mike @ BEA and tell him your problem, he will send you another set without any hesitation as he prides himself on his return policy.
I had a trim piece that did not fit well and he sent another out immediately and I am in Australia so the service is great,  the replacement trim fitted alot better.

I spoke with Mike just now.. He said out of all of the parts from the run he (is still selling) there hasn't been any complaints.. Originally he thought it was because I had new AMD quarters on the car, but I explained that the quarters didn't go that far back, and that it was original metal back there...

But either way, the rear bumper pretty much covers this area, so what ever the shop can't finesse and cover up will be hidden and I'm not going to worry about it.

That said though, I'd have been a bit more aggressive on my search for a USED set if I knew these would fit like this.. Live and learn

Sorry about the ebay link  :'(

jb666

Quote from: runningman on April 06, 2009, 11:56:12 AM
Quote from: jb666 on April 06, 2009, 11:36:33 AM

Sorry about the ebay link  :'(

What do you mean? Which EBay link? Either way, I'm happy, so it's no big deal. Most of the area I'm talking about here is covered with the rear bumper, so it'll be fine!!

Good work, Chuck!! I saw they were off CarDomain also!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE SMALL VICTORY FOR MAN KIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

runningman

I put that link up for those trim pieces on ebay.  It seems like it is always something, is he going to send a new set??

jb666

Quote from: runningman on April 06, 2009, 12:15:53 PM
I put that link up for those trim pieces on ebay.  It seems like it is always something, is he going to send a new set??

No. He said it must be my metal, not his pcs.. Even though I said we had an OEM set off another car that fit like gloves..

Like I said though, it's not worth arguing over.. Live and learn  :cheers:

The guys at my shop can make them work, with a little bit of TLC.

KS71owner

Quote from: skip68 on April 06, 2009, 11:46:13 AM
BK AUTO BANNED FROM CARDOMAIN.  Remember, I made a call a few weeks ago to Cardomain in Seattle and made them aware of what these idiots are doing and gave them the link to this site.   Looks like they want nothing to do with Thomas Schubert or BK Automotive.   :naughty: :whistling:  More to come later.   Chuck..........

hahaha Bravo! :notworthy:

d/ur/t

Quote from: jb666 on April 06, 2009, 12:21:24 PM

QuoteNo. He said it must be my metal, not his pcs.. Even though I said we had an OEM set off another car that fit like gloves..

Before you can go ahead and fix a problem you first have to admit there is a problem.

Apart from another hick up all is looking good.

I'll be sure to find good used before trying to fit these.

cheers

jb666

Quote from: d/ur/t on April 06, 2009, 07:27:50 PM

QuoteNo. He said it must be my metal, not his pcs.. Even though I said we had an OEM set off another car that fit like gloves..

Before you can go ahead and fix a problem you first have to admit there is a problem.

cheers

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that..  :cheers: I can't recommend them (parts or BEA) after this.. When I was talking to Mike today all he kept saying is "Hundreds have been sold and no one's complained, then again, people might not be that picky", and "Just put them on, no one will be looking down there! It'll be blocked by the bumper"....

Oh well  :lol:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: skip68 on April 06, 2009, 11:46:13 AM

Great job Chucky! :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68r/t

Quote from: jb666 on April 06, 2009, 07:53:48 PM
Quote from: d/ur/t on April 06, 2009, 07:27:50 PM

cheers

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that..  :cheers: I can't recommend them (parts or BEA) after this.. When I was talking to Mike today all he kept saying is "Hundreds have been sold and no one's complained, then again, people might not be that picky", and "Just put them on, no one will be looking down there! It'll be blocked by the bumper"....

Oh well  :lol:

Sorry to hear that, I have never had any problems with them, but they have to fit right because the bumper does not cover it.

jb666

PERFECT picture, and that's exactly what I was looking for!! So you're right, the bumper DOES cover it.

I'm discussing this with Mike now.. He's apologized and offered a refund, but what good does that do me now? Said over 200 sets from this mold have been sold with no problems. I have no idea about the other 199 but these sure don't fit! You can actually see in the PICTURE that yours 'curve in' more  :brickwall:

autodynamics

maybe its because you changed the quarters and there are some diffrences? try it on another car..

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jb666 on April 07, 2009, 06:26:45 AM
PERFECT picture, and that's exactly what I was looking for!! So you're right, the bumper DOES cover it.

I'm discussing this with Mike now.. He's apologized and offered a refund, but what good does that do me now? Said over 200 sets from this mold have been sold with no problems. I have no idea about the other 199 but these sure don't fit! You can actually see in the PICTURE that yours 'curve in' more  :brickwall:

Theres always one complainer....went through the same deal with his headrests :brickwall:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on April 07, 2009, 09:06:11 AM
maybe its because you changed the quarters and there are some diffrences? try it on another car..

We did.. The new quarters didn't go back that far. The area these trim pcs mount to are original metal (part of the car that WASN'T TRASHED!!). We tried TWO OEM sets on my car and both mated up perfectly. This set wouldn't.... Process of elimination... Like I said though, no big deal, they can be modified to work. These guys can do anything...

DakotaGuy

140 pages, but I finally made it :lol: Looks like your doing a darn good job getting that Charger all fixed up  :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

Typical of most aftermarket parts, I have to confront those same type of problems constantly, On new cars & old Restorations. I hate aftermarket. And that's why NOS will cost a fortune. They fit much better (usually). LEON.

jb666

Quote from: DakotaGuy on April 07, 2009, 02:36:16 PM
140 pages, but I finally made it :lol: Looks like your doing a darn good job getting that Charger all fixed up  :2thumbs:

Good man!! Thanks  :cheers:

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 07, 2009, 03:46:41 PM
Typical of most aftermarket parts, I have to confront those same type of problems constantly, On new cars & old Restorations. I hate aftermarket. And that's why NOS will cost a fortune. They fit much better (usually). LEON.

I know, you're right.. That's why I'm not freaking out about it.. It's a $150 lesson. It's just a shame, because so far out of everything I've bought to rebuild this car these are the only parts that had a real fit problem.