News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on April 07, 2009, 06:26:45 AM
PERFECT picture, and that's exactly what I was looking for!! So you're right, the bumper DOES cover it.

I'm discussing this with Mike now.. He's apologized and offered a refund, but what good does that do me now? Said over 200 sets from this mold have been sold with no problems. I have no idea about the other 199 but these sure don't fit! You can actually see in the PICTURE that yours 'curve in' more  :brickwall:

Heck, even my original ones fit the curve perfict. They look nothing like these does.

But I think with alittle heat they would ben back to the right curve though.

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on April 07, 2009, 05:17:31 PM
Quote from: jb666 on April 07, 2009, 06:26:45 AM
PERFECT picture, and that's exactly what I was looking for!! So you're right, the bumper DOES cover it.

I'm discussing this with Mike now.. He's apologized and offered a refund, but what good does that do me now? Said over 200 sets from this mold have been sold with no problems. I have no idea about the other 199 but these sure don't fit! You can actually see in the PICTURE that yours 'curve in' more  :brickwall:

Heck, even my original ones fit the curve perfict. They look nothing like these does.

But I think with alittle heat they would ben back to the right curve though.

This type of metal is extremely sensitive and will break very easily.. The problem with that is it can't be welded after that so I'd be stuck with a $150 paperweight.

mopar73

Return them and keep trying to find some used ones.  I do think that they will break unless you are very lucky with the bending.  The question is if you want that paperweight or not?

jb666

Quote from: mopar73 on April 07, 2009, 08:42:21 PM
Return them and keep trying to find some used ones.  I do think that they will break unless you are very lucky with the bending.  The question is if you want that paperweight or not?

Well, another job well done by the shop.. They took these (soft) white metal eyebrow trim pcs and modified them to fit. They said it was "no problem" and not to worry about it, they look perfect!!

:cheers: :cheers:

skip68

:woohoo:   Something is going right and working out.   :cheers:  Did you get those papers I sent ?  Chuck.........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

I did!! Yesterday! I sent you a pm about them.. They are all filled out and ready to fly back to them. Thank you!

Something IS going right. Every time I think there's going to be a problem, this shop makes it go away.. They really are amazing, and if I wasn't respecting their privacy not to be flooded with calls and emails I'd be plugging the Hell out of their shop...

Instead, I steer all the prank calls and nonsense related calls to Jon's shop.  :lol:  BTW, Chuck, Jon's having a cookout at his shop in a couple of weeks, he said to make sure I invite you. What do you serve at a tube chassis shop cookout? Why, tube steak of course  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

skip68

Yah, I will be there as long as Jon washes his hands before touching the meat.  :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Update ! ! !      I was just told today by Houston PD that BK Automotive has pulled down their signs.    ;)   This is all I can say at this point.   Chuck..............

jb666

NO KIDDING?????????????

WOW!! I'm glad this isn't April 1st, I wouldn't believe you.

This is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they are gone (and not just moving) this is HUGE news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skip68

I'll call you at a good time for us to talk Jeff.  There is more that I will talk to you about.  :cheers:

jb666

Good stuff, Chuck... Good stuff!!  :cheers: :cheers: :icon_smile_cool:

I won't be happy until we can all sing along though.........

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD, THE WITCH IS DEAD, THE WITCH IS DEAD. DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD...

And the fat lady ain't singin' yet.

skip68

General_01

Hey Chuck. You need to do your Roscoe impression. "Good news! Good news! kew kew" :icon_smile_big:

That would be awesome. Hopefully someone will get pics of an empty shop and maybe even people getting led out in handcuffs. :yesnod:

Good work guys. :cheers: And remember. This is a street fight, so by all means kick 'em when their down. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Neal_J

Funny, the BK website is still active and Thomas still answers the phone...

Neal

skip68

Here you go Jeff, just for you.      "   :loser:   "      This is our inside joke, sorry guys.

Charger666

Isn't there ever going to be a decent person who's going to sell a General Lee that WON'T crap out on you BEFORE you even start it up?  :'(

jb666

Quote from: Charger666 on April 08, 2009, 08:05:07 PM
Isn't there ever going to be a decent person who's going to sell a General Lee that WON'T crap out on you BEFORE you even start it up?  :'(

That's the question of the year..  I'm guessing not..

Then again, I shouldn't say that, I've never heard anything bad about Smith Bros.  :cheers:

richard pettys 73

YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

skip68

It seems that you really only hear about the bad ones and not the good ones.  There are lots of great shops out there that will do a great job for the money.   BK has lied to everyone that reads his site.  From the paint booth (that they don't have) to the quality of work they do.  Most shops are open to the public and those are the ones that are going to be the best bet.  With real up to date LLC's.  And pick a shop that has a Lic. and permits unlike BK Auto.  And insurance / bonds.   :yesnod:   One thing I should say is that even a good shop is going to have complaints.  There is always that one customer that you just can't seem to please no matter how hard you try.   :rotz:   Much like this thread. We have had thousands and thousands of readers and they all know something is going on.  BUT, we have at least 2 or 3 (BK is one) that do not have the ability to understand and see what is going on.   :rotz:  So, there you have it.

Charger666

Quote from: skip68 on April 08, 2009, 08:28:02 PM
It seems that you really only hear about the bad ones and not the good ones.  There are lots of great shops out there that will do a great job for the money.   BK has lied to everyone that reads his site.  From the paint booth (that they don't have) to the quality of work they do.  Most shops are open to the public and those are the ones that are going to be the best bet.  With real up to date LLC's.  And pick a shop that has a Lic. and permits unlike BK Auto.  And insurance / bonds.   

You're absolutely right.  Just sucks how you never hear about all of the good jobs that are done :( ... it would give a little hope and motivation to everyone, knowing that some people still CAN be trusted, and not just try to cash out on Charger lovers.

jb666

Quote from: richard pettys 73 on April 08, 2009, 08:09:18 PM
ARE YOU STILL FINDING PROBLEMS WITH THAT CAR???

No. Things are looking good. The only 'problem' , if you chose to call it that, is the issue we had with the trim caps from BEA. Other than that, all is good  :2thumbs:

skip68

skip68

Far as BK still being there.  This is just the start of his downhill spiral.  :yesnod:   Of course he is still there, he is just trying to make it appear that he has cleaned up his act for the authorities by taking down the signs and saying that he does not sell, paint or restore cars.   ::)  I'm sure that the website will be gone soon or seriously changed soon.   ;)     And that's ok BK, because we have it all saved.   ;)   :icon_smile_big:  And of course we have nothing to do with any of this.   ;) :2thumbs:   

jb666

And here we are again, on the eve of another picture day...  I'm excited to go to the shop tomorrow, should be a few new things to post tomorrow afternoon!!

jb666

This is a pretty cool source.. It shows past searches and displays archived link information on BK

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.bkauto.net/

This one's classic... "Who doesn't know the dules of hazzard!"

http://web.archive.org/web/20041015143348/www.bkauto.net/GeneralLee.htm

It's funny, but check through some of the older links.. This site has captured things BK posted years ago.

Find a specific link, and plug it into the box.  The search engine doesn't do well with animation type pages like you're seeing.  Here's an example:

What it is now:  http://www.bkauto.net/0106-81.htm

What it was in 2006: http://web.archive.org/web/20050814023809/www.bkauto.net/0106-81.htm

There's tons of stuff missing, but what was captured might help.

Wow, back in 04 their main page was so cool  :lol:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050516075036/bkauto.net/mainpage.swf