News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dstryr

There's the another bondo king car hiding behind the bike, just before going in for paint...oh, that's right, no paint booth, they paint them wherever they happen to be sitting. :brickwall:

dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

skip68

:smilielol:  I know, no paint booth, no lifts, no high dollar plasma cutters or welders.  This is a top notch shop.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   How many guys here have their own lifts ? LOT's   :smilielol:  So, where has all the money gone that these guy's have made ?   I've even seen a used paint booth for sale that was nice for $2500.   Even a $149. paint job at those cheapo places is done in a booth.   :smilielol:   But wait, Bk does NOT paint cars,  :scratchchin: but they do  :scratchchin: But they say they don't  :scratchchin:  but they say they do,  :scratchchin:  but they only paint fenders,  :scratchchin:  but they have pictures of cars being painted,  :scratchchin: but they say fresh out of the booth that they don't have, :scratchchin:  then they say they don't....... :shruggy: The lies and Babababullsh%& ends with us Tommy boy.  ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

AutoRust

Quote from: skip68 on April 08, 2009, 08:28:02 PM
It seems that you really only hear about the bad ones and not the good ones.  There are lots of great shops out there that will do a great job for the money.   BK has lied to everyone that reads his site.  From the paint booth (that they don't have) to the quality of work they do.  Most shops are open to the public and those are the ones that are going to be the best bet.  With real up to date LLC's.  And pick a shop that has a Lic. and permits unlike BK Auto.  And insurance / bonds.   :yesnod:   One thing I should say is that even a good shop is going to have complaints.  There is always that one customer that you just can't seem to please no matter how hard you try.   :rotz:   Much like this thread. We have had thousands and thousands of readers and they all know something is going on.  BUT, we have at least 2 or 3 (BK is one) that do not have the ability to understand and see what is going on.   :rotz:  So, there you have it.

This is a major problem in this industry, no doubt. Our company has been around 32 years now. How do we survive? Were honest, and we pay our share. I spend many many many thousands every year on taxes, fees, permits, insurances, more taxes, advertising, even more taxes, we pay our bills early, we take care of our employees, and we stay open.   We HAVE to charge the kinds of amounts, because we have to pay all these bills. I dont mind paying these bills, everyone needs there money, someone has to help pay for the guys on the frontlines. Profits NOT a bad word. If you dont make a profit and put it away, you dont survive the rainy days. And there are rainy days. And money solves problems. If I screw something up, I have to pay. Money works. Offer someone $50-500+ whatever,and an apoligy, problems usually go away. Not saying its always like that. If you dont make a profit, you cant throw money at problems. :icon_smile_big:
I see it every day, guys doing half azz sh*t on the side, and expecting to charge real amounts like I have to do all the aforementioned things. I know guys that work out of there back yard, hustling repairs and grabbing the cash. I see the guy down the street though, in a licesned permitted building, paying his taxes, and he is slow. Why? Cause people are bringing there stuff to the little guy in his back yard. People think everybody wins in those deals, but they dont. We all lose. Those backyard guys are the kind of guys this thread is about. They are crooks.
If he didnt pay his LLC permits, do you think he pain for insurance for his employees that paint in the shop? Or the ones outside sandblasting? How could you sleep at night not having workers comp insurance for your employees?  Did he pay income tax on the money he made? Doubtful, who claims cash? So the town/city/state takes a hit. The guy grabs all the $$ he can, them bam, he hides. If Someone has a problem, he cant throw any money at it to make it go away, cause he is a crook. Crooks dont save money, they blow it. And this guys here Mr. BK, he is a real crook. We all know it. But I dont think he does. Guys like him get so full of themselves, they think they can charge $100K to mud up a car, and they think there helping someone realize a dream. He built (hacked) all kinds off different cars, installed, Hemis, Put in Dane rearends, layed on some marvelous paint, and probally rode the wave for a while. People see shiny cars in pictures and they there sold on it. Happens all the time.
Unfortunately, as soon as he is done, another crook will show up, jump right in line and screw a bunch of people over. I hate it, but dont know what to do about it. We will stay alive, giving people there moneys worth, and trying to refer them to good guys that pay there share, and give an honest job. There out there, ya just gotta ask around. And you have to be a good customer like Jeff here, you have to be willing to pay what the company needs to do the job right. Everyone wants to save a buck, but at what cost?

Hope I didnt disrupt anyone, things like this are a real touchy subject for me

:cheers:  :Twocents:   :cheers:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

FLG

Very well said!

Theres always "Oh my guy can do this" or "Bring it to this guy hes good".....and ive always said theres a big difference between doing something and doing something right.

skip68

Amen !   :cheers:   I was just talking to someone in Texas today about what you said AutoRust, that  (BK)  doesn't know he is in the wrong.  These kind can't and don't see or think they are doing anything bad.  I would bet my life on the fact that he really thinks what he has done is OK.   This man is a liar and that is a fact.  His place is a dump with no permits or lic. for what he's been doing, nor the correct equipment (paint booths, lifts) and yet he calls us hillbilly's.   :rofl:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dstryr

dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

Cooperman

He said:
Quote....I specialize in working under pressure, setting up the design, running a team and organizing the operation from start to finish.

I read "this crap is ALL MY FAULT!"  :slap:

Do you suppose he's working under pressure now?  :yesnod:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

jb666

Quote from: dstryr on April 11, 2009, 01:40:13 AM
Anyone seen his resume?  Here it is:   :lol:http://www.bkauto.net/media/onlineportfolio/resume.htm http://www.bkauto.net/media/onlineportfolio/originalart.htm

and some more junk
http://www.bkauto.net/media/onlineportfolio/
http://www.bkauto.net/0106-81.htm
http://www.bkauto.net/Chopper%20001.htm

GOOD FIND(S)!! That's a RIOT, nice "resume".  :lol: :lol: I've captures all of that garbage as well..

Quote from: AutoRust on April 10, 2009, 10:51:11 PM
Quote from: skip68 on April 08, 2009, 08:28:02 PM
It seems that you really only hear about the bad ones and not the good ones.  There are lots of great shops out there that will do a great job for the money.   BK has lied to everyone that reads his site.  From the paint booth (that they don't have) to the quality of work they do.  Most shops are open to the public and those are the ones that are going to be the best bet.  With real up to date LLC's.  And pick a shop that has a Lic. and permits unlike BK Auto.  And insurance / bonds.   :yesnod:   One thing I should say is that even a good shop is going to have complaints.  There is always that one customer that you just can't seem to please no matter how hard you try.   :rotz:   Much like this thread. We have had thousands and thousands of readers and they all know something is going on.  BUT, we have at least 2 or 3 (BK is one) that do not have the ability to understand and see what is going on.   :rotz:  So, there you have it.

This is a major problem in this industry, no doubt. Our company has been around 32 years now. How do we survive? Were honest, and we pay our share. I spend many many many thousands every year on taxes, fees, permits, insurances, more taxes, advertising, even more taxes, we pay our bills early, we take care of our employees, and we stay open.   We HAVE to charge the kinds of amounts, because we have to pay all these bills. I dont mind paying these bills, everyone needs there money, someone has to help pay for the guys on the frontlines. Profits NOT a bad word. If you dont make a profit and put it away, you dont survive the rainy days. And there are rainy days. And money solves problems. If I screw something up, I have to pay. Money works. Offer someone $50-500+ whatever,and an apoligy, problems usually go away. Not saying its always like that. If you dont make a profit, you cant throw money at problems. :icon_smile_big:
I see it every day, guys doing half azz sh*t on the side, and expecting to charge real amounts like I have to do all the aforementioned things. I know guys that work out of there back yard, hustling repairs and grabbing the cash. I see the guy down the street though, in a licesned permitted building, paying his taxes, and he is slow. Why? Cause people are bringing there stuff to the little guy in his back yard. People think everybody wins in those deals, but they dont. We all lose. Those backyard guys are the kind of guys this thread is about. They are crooks.
If he didnt pay his LLC permits, do you think he pain for insurance for his employees that paint in the shop? Or the ones outside sandblasting? How could you sleep at night not having workers comp insurance for your employees?  Did he pay income tax on the money he made? Doubtful, who claims cash? So the town/city/state takes a hit. The guy grabs all the $$ he can, them bam, he hides. If Someone has a problem, he cant throw any money at it to make it go away, cause he is a crook. Crooks dont save money, they blow it. And this guys here Mr. BK, he is a real crook. We all know it. But I dont think he does. Guys like him get so full of themselves, they think they can charge $100K to mud up a car, and they think there helping someone realize a dream. He built (hacked) all kinds off different cars, installed, Hemis, Put in Dane rearends, layed on some marvelous paint, and probally rode the wave for a while. People see shiny cars in pictures and they there sold on it. Happens all the time.
Unfortunately, as soon as he is done, another crook will show up, jump right in line and screw a bunch of people over. I hate it, but dont know what to do about it. We will stay alive, giving people there moneys worth, and trying to refer them to good guys that pay there share, and give an honest job. There out there, ya just gotta ask around. And you have to be a good customer like Jeff here, you have to be willing to pay what the company needs to do the job right. Everyone wants to save a buck, but at what cost?

Hope I didnt disrupt anyone, things like this are a real touchy subject for me

:cheers:  :Twocents:   :cheers:

AMEN!!!! Disrupt?? not at all!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

ac_knight

OK, here you go, this might explain some things:

July 98 to July 00: Full time, Psychological Operations Illustrator / Special Operations, $24,400, U.S. Army, Ft. Bragg, NC. 28307, SFC Alliman, (910) 848-0727. Created graphics, translations, propaganda for leaflets/flyers for overseas distribution, Magazine Publication, Web Design. Military Information: U.S. Army, PFC, E-3, 25M-Multimedia Illustrator

OK, First these are red flags as a liar, like we didn't already know.  I was in the Army 1997-2001, I was a Private First Class for a year or so, there is no way in hell I or anyone else as an E-3 made 24,400.00 a year.  We didn't make that much at all.  All E-3 were paid the same, and sure as hell wasn't 24,400 a year.  Hell an E-3 in the military now only makes 19,000 base pay, and this is 10 years worth of raises later.

Second he was a creator of propaganda, this is clear.  Look at all he has done as the owner operator of BK.  All his website designs are propaganda.  His resume screams scammer, imo.

Ands this...

Other: 5yrs. Theatre/acting. Have had classes in computer programming in Pascal, Turbo Pascal, and Qbasic, Selected for the 'Who's Who Among American High School Students' top 10% of nationwide students three years in a row(1995, 1996, 1997). Participated in several Clubs, to include the French and Drama Club, also competed in UIL Drama and UIL Computer Science competitions. Won UIL Best Actor two years in a row: 1994-1995. Awarded for services, technical expertise, and management skills in the execution of USSOCOM's year 2000 evaluation, Operation Millennium Lightning II, involving over 300 personnel from all component commands and numerous national agencies, to evaluate one hundred and thirty-two mission critical warfighting systems, applications, and databases. Awarded for distinguishing myself by exceptional meritorious achievement while serving as a member of a Psychological Operations Capability Demonstration Team on 22 October 1999.

See, now we all know he was only acting like a professional builder while doing theese cars.  He acted like his shop could weld.  He acted like his shop can make you a roadsafe drivable car.  You know so he can say I am not a car builder, painter, shop owner; I only play one on T.V.

skip68

dkn1997

Yes, all of the big name custom choppers are put together in an office surrounded by junk. 
RECHRGED

AutoRust

After reading the resume, several thoughts come to mind. I get a lot of them sent to me, usually about 25% is the truth, the rest is pumped up to make you look good, so when I read one, thats always in my mind, its mostly bullsh*t.

Once the company name is gone, and he is raked over the coals from this, he will go to the other side of his city and start a new business. He will dress up a resume, s[plash a few pictures on a dazzling web site, and presto', he will be back in the game. 
I really do think he is a legend in his own mind. He must think he plays the game right by adding those labels to the car "not intended for street use", figures thats his free pass to turn out garbage. Ego is everything now. He is addicted to the cash he makes, and like most addicts with an ego, he needs to be in the game, cutting deals, making his name bigger and better. Heck, he is bigger the Foose in his own mind. Its a shame really, and I dont know how to combat it.

:cheers:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

skip68

skip68

By the way, does anyone know if anyone at that shop is even a certified mechanic ?   :smilielol:  What I think AutoRust said is true about them being a backyard shop that just rented a building.   :smilielol:

jb666

Well, I'm on my way back from the shop now. The car looks awesome and should be in primer for my next group of pictures. I'll post some shots in a few minutes.   

jb666

Ok, now before I make it sound like BEA makes total crap, I'd like to clarify that I realize 99% of the aftermarket parts that are available may need some 'modification' to make them fit properly. These pieces are no different.. I just didn't like Mike telling me that I'm the "only one to ever have a problem", when we all know that's not the case.. He claims he offered to exchange them for me, but the bottom line is that he offered me a refund NOT a part swap (because it was my car, not his part).

That blurb aside, they fit perfectly now and I'm happy with the end result.  The car is not 90% finish sanded and ready for primer. There's a small high spot on the driver's rear quarter to be finished and a couple of small spots but this car was as smooth (to the touch) as glass.. HUGE improvement from last week.

So here are the new rear trim pcs before...

and here we are today...

jb666

Ok, y'all remember the ice cream truck, right? Well, it's painted!! So now with the exception of the (soon to be) Yellow hot-rod, some other projects are wrapping up..

I love this thing, it's very cool and has some serious history... I can't wait to see it done.

The paint wasn't even dry yet!!

richard pettys 73

YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

jb666

Quote from: richard pettys 73 on April 11, 2009, 01:43:49 PM
:o DID YOU PAIT THAT YOUSELF???  :popcrn:

ME?? Hell no.. I'm just the photographer.

The back/sign area of the truck is the original porcelain area, which is why it doesn't get touched and/or painted.

:cheers:

richard pettys 73

jb666

richard pettys 73

DARN A LITTLE TOO FAR AWAY FOR ME... :shruggy:...HE DOES A GREAT JOB THOUGH  :2thumbs:

jb666

Ok, some more Charger shots, then I have another couple of extra shots to show you guys that are pretty cool...

Here you can see everything's done on the driver's side except a couple of spots (low) and a spot on the rear quarter... And yes, they were brand new (AMD) quarters, but as you guys already know NO "new" panel is perfect out of the box.

In fact, you can see in this shot where (AMD) marked this quarter as having a high spot...

And before you wonder, the trunk lid's not down tight and the passenger door's open in these shots.

I love how smooth the entire rear/tail light area is..

The halogen lights were directly on the side of the car when these shots were taken, so ignore the funky colors...

The stance of the car, as I mentioned last week, has been adjusted.. The last thing I wanted to do was rip the oil pan/headers apart because the front end was so low. I REALLY like the stance of the car now...

Here you can see the driver's side rear window trim panel has been test fit.. Perfect fit!!

richard pettys 73