News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

WOW, Hemi.. Just WOW.

I have no pictures to contribute until Saturday, but I CAN NOT WAIT to head there... The car will be in primer!!!!!

bogus

Quote from: 0X01B8 on April 14, 2009, 11:16:00 AM
Quote from: bogus on April 14, 2009, 09:22:49 AM
Quote from: teamroth on April 13, 2009, 06:39:56 PM
He didn't work in covert ops. If you go back and look, he was a driver, who happened to be in the psychological operations battalion. I can guarantee he was NOT an operative.

He may not have worked it, but he was trained in it.

I knew this ex-Marine... he was the most gung-ho ex-Marine I ever met. Man, he was into firearms, military history, hell, even his motorcycle was camo. And he never saw 1 second of combat. He worked his 4 year stint in the arsonal at Camp Lejeune. 

So, basically, he's like those dudes that buy used cop cars at auction, then drive around all day wearing blue, button down shirts and ray ban aviators?  Or, is he Bill Paxton's character in True Lies - remember him - the used Corvette salesman?

The guy was an absolute wuss. He worked at the army navy store. Talked all rough and tough, but there was the slightly effeminate flair to it. It was like the nerd trying to be tough. It just didn't work.

I know the mantra, Once a Marine, Always a Marine. I respect that 100%. However, that dude was just a drip.

I suspect he was stuffed away in the armory for a lack of a better place to stuff him. I can't imagine he would last 30 seconds in a real combat role.
Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

bogus

A couple of general thoughts:

1. Skip - You rock! Way to go!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Major congrats for bringing him back down to earth!

2. Those Pontiacs look SWEET. $300k spent on that GTO sure looks nice, but it will never ever be worth that kinda $$$. The $150k spent on each of the Judges was better... but the way the muscle car market has taken a dump... oh, well.
Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

hemi-hampton

The 71 GTO Judge Convertible is insanely rare with only a handfull made & known to exist & was a 1/2 Million+ ($500,000+) car  :o just a few years ago before prices dropped recently. LEON.

AutoRust

Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

jb666

Update --- The car is officially in primer!!!!!!!!!! I'll be down tomorrow, for the usual Saturday photo shoot (and to pick my wheels up). Should be pretty a cool visit!!!

captnsim

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on April 17, 2009, 05:00:36 PM
Nice...Can't wait to see the pics!!!!!

I can't wait to see it. This is the beginning of another chapter.. The NO MORE SURPRISES chapter!!! One BIG step closer to paint!!!

captnsim

And even with all the extra BK'd crap that popped up...your still fairly close to the time frame you set way back. Not bad...not bad at all :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on April 17, 2009, 05:11:04 PM
And even with all the extra BK'd crap that popped up...your still fairly close to the time frame you set way back. Not bad...not bad at all :cheers:

I can only give credit to the two shops that did all the work.. It's amazing that my car's not sitting in a barn falling apart right now waiting for a 'slot' to open somewhere..

You're right though, originally it was a "Spring" estimate.. Well, it's not too far off at all!!!

skip68

:2thumbs:   Sounds like that shop has attacked it with "VENGENCE" wouldn't you say ?   :nana:   This is a good sign.   :2thumbs:   I would say to make sure the motor mount on the drivers side has been upgraded (firefighter Ron's method) just to be safe.   :yesnod:   Talk to Ron, he knows about those.   :2thumbs:   Other than that, I can't wait to see it too.     Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemi-hampton

The Time frame is fairly close but I'm curious if the Price range stayed fairly close? LEON.

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 17, 2009, 08:22:58 PM
The Time frame is fairly close but I'm curious if the Price range stayed fairly close? LEON.

What price range?? I never had an amount in my head... If I did I'm POSITIVE I'd be over!!!  :smilielol:

hemi-hampton

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 18, 2009, 10:02:17 AM
Thought they quoted you a Price from the start? LEON.
they who?? It's been to more than one shop and I'm on target with both so far. Keep in mind that a TON of things have popped up in this project that were not 'scheduled'. The blasting, all of the extra metal work, etc... So basing my (shop) experiences on a "quoted price" would be unrealistic.

Pictures soon. I'm on my way home 

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Ok, it's picture time... The car is in primer, as I said before!! I was happy to walk in and see the guide coat on , as well!! A few 'pinhole' spots(not rot, but spots in the body work) have been marked off as the work is really underway...  The car is heading back to Jon's shop on Monday where the push bar and torque boxes will be welded in , so there will be more pictures coming before next Saturday  :lol:

Anyways, I'm VERY pleased that the car is WHOLE and moving forward like this..  The nose will be coming off next to finish off the jam job and get those impossible to reach areas, but here's a sneak peak of the car inside the booth (for the first time since it's rebuild!!).

TO BE CONTINUED...

jb666

A few random shots. First, the famous ice cream truck...

And a really cool little Hot Rod...

:cheers: :cheers:

tan top

aww man that looks good all primered up  :yesnod:  yeah they put stopper in any bondo pinholes ..some paint shop  guys do it before flatting , some after flatting  :yesnod:  ...looks there is going to be some serious flatting going on monday  :yesnod:  ........  :2thumbs: ............ :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MoparManJim

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 18, 2009, 11:19:51 AM
Picture Saturday.   :woohoo: :buff:

Did you eat to much candy again? You swear photos was going out of season with that reply  :smilielol:

Sorry man, I couldn't resist that one for ya. 

Jeff, the car is looking good so far man. They are truely doing a good job on it so far. That is the kind of work that BK should "have" done before.  :shruggy:

jb666

Yep, I'm VERY happy after today's visit.. These guys really are awesome. I've said it 100X, I know, but oh well, I'll beat that dead horse..

I wanted to make sure you guys knew that my wheels cleaned up perfectly.. I just fired over the pressure washer for the first time this Spring and spent about 1.5 hours on my wheels.. Then I brought out the drier and dried each wheel/tire off before putting them on their blanket for storage!!

It's pretty funny, but in my garage right now I have my:

Old rear quarters(LOADED with Bondo)
Exhaust tubing roll bar
front and back seats
carpet kit
dynamat
wheels & tires
LOADS of misc body/metal parts.

I think next Saturday night I'll go down and build the old "General Lee" for photo purposes , all I need to make it complete is one of those foam engines  :lol:

Big Sugar

Looks Really nice Jeff, Your Gonna have a nice GL when this is all said and done.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b