News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

thank god you posted some pics...... its nice to see the progress with the charger...when do you expect to see paint?? any clue. sorry if you already answered these questions.... but its hard to read all these threads with so much other talk other than talk about your particular car..... more pics and more updates on your car.....

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on April 18, 2009, 05:07:33 PM
thank god you posted some pics...... its nice to see the progress with the charger...when do you expect to see paint?? any clue. sorry if you already answered these questions.... but its hard to read all these threads with so much other talk other than talk about your particular car..... more pics and more updates on your car.....

I must be missing other threads about my car somewhere  :lol:

I'm not 100% sure about the paint date.... I don't like deadlines, I'd just like the car to be done right and look great...  I'll have new glass for the car this week, and more pictures after the welding is done at Jon's shop. :cheers:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: jb666 on November 26, 2008, 06:34:32 AM
First,its too late to even think about turning back.

Second, this isn't costing the amount some of you are assuming it is. A solid roller would run me $6k+.

To me, this project is gratifying knowing it'll be done right.

In this Quote you say " This isn't costing the amount some of you are assuming it is"

Is this still the Case :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

General_01

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 18, 2009, 06:13:11 PM

Second, this isn't costing the amount some of you are assuming it is. A solid roller would run me $6k+.

In this Quote you say " This isn't costing the amount some of you are assuming it is"

Holy Crap Leon! That quote has to be from before the front clip, passenger post, and tail panel were added to the project. My guess is it went past that. Not that I need to know. I am just thinking that alot has been added to the initial 'replace the quarters and put a roll bar in' phase.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on April 18, 2009, 07:18:34 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 18, 2009, 06:13:11 PM

Holy Crap Leon! That quote has to be from before the front clip, passenger post, and tail panel were added to the project. My guess is it went past that. Not that I need to know. I am just thinking that alot has been added to the initial 'replace the quarters and put a roll bar in' phase.

Seriously. That "quote" was when it all began.. I'm not posting what I'm into this for on the forum. It's gone beyond what I thought it was in November, obviously, but what I'm into it for TOTAL isn't really anyone's business.

Leon -- I sent you a PM  :cheers: :cheers:

Just keep one thing in mind, I'm TRYING to stay on a budget here. I didn't hand these guys a blank check and say "Go crazy!". They are doing INCREDIBLE work for what they are getting paid. I am grateful every time I see it. :cheers:

charger01

I was scrolling through all your pics with the intent of commenting about hoping the vectors were removed..... ;D  I see you are definately one step ahead fo us all.  Nice work. Lookin goood :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: charger01 on April 18, 2009, 07:50:16 PM
I was scrolling through all your pics with the intent of commenting about hoping the vectors were removed..... ;D  I see you are definately one step ahead fo us all.  Nice work. Lookin goood :cheers:

Well, a couple of people had mentioned getting the wheels off and before the car hit the booth it was definitely in the works, so we wanted to make sure you saw they were off  :icon_smile_big:

charger01

You're doing everything right.......This car is going to be incredible.

NMike

nice car!! work looks great.

so how does the payments go for a project like this? do they ask for some money up front? pay as they go? lump payments?

just curious as to how a huge project is paid, don't need prices.

jb666

Quote from: charger01 on April 18, 2009, 08:55:10 PM
You're doing everything right.......This car is going to be incredible.

Thank you.

Quote from: NMike on April 18, 2009, 08:56:58 PM
nice car!! work looks great.

so how does the payments go for a project like this? do they ask for some money up front? pay as they go? lump payments?

just curious as to how a huge project is paid, don't need prices.

Yes, a deposit is required to start and then I make payments from there.

Steve P.

She's looking great buddy...   Love the new avatar also.....    :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

hemi-hampton

Your next Avatar will be with it being Orange :2thumbs:  LEON.

P.S. For the record my Mopar shop did not do those 3 GTO's, I worked on those 2+ years ago when I worked at a GM resto shop. I take very little credit for those. My point was a 1st place 100 point show car will cost you.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cozmo

Stanleyart

I'm Duncan Hines moist right now.

I love the progress. Everything aligns, wow!

jb666

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It'll be a good few weeks coming up!!

captnsim

OMG Jeff!!!! Someone stole your POS car and replaced it with a almost mint one  :o
Looking good...I can't wait to see it in the "mystery" colour...

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on April 19, 2009, 10:32:19 AM
OMG Jeff!!!! Someone stole your POS car and replaced it with a almost mint one  :o

I'll tell ya one thing I was going to do to mess with you guys ... I was going to have them mix some Orange in with the primer and post "It's PAINTED!!!!!!!!!" , and proceed with the "They tell me it'll buff out nice and should shine a little bit"... But I didn't want to push it!!

Another interesting story.. Yesterday when I was at the shop a guy came in , that I didn't know.. He says to me "Want to hear something funny? My girlfriend's father has a friend that's selling a Cuda. We started talking, and he lives across the country. Well, the guy says to me how nice it is to know an honest shop, and to check out this link to someone that got screwed".

Guess where that link was??  :o Yep, HERE! Talk about a small world...

THE WORD IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!

dkn1997

Quote from: jb666 on April 19, 2009, 10:35:38 AM

I'll tell ya one thing I was going to do to mess with you guys ... I was going to have them mix some Orange in with the primer and post "It's PAINTED!!!!!!!!!" , and proceed with the "They tell me it'll buff out nice and should shine a little bit"... But I didn't want to push it!!

Another interesting story.. Yesterday when I was at the shop a guy came in , that I didn't know.. He says to me "Want to hear something funny? My girlfriend's father has a friend that's selling a Cuda. We started talking, and he lives across the country. Well, the guy says to me how nice it is to know an honest shop, and to check out this link to someone that got screwed".

19 days late on the prank jeff....
RECHRGED

Back N Black

You could say it was stolen and Skip68 is trying to find it...... :D

Edit. Car looks great BTW.  :2thumbs:

Dans 68

Quote from: Back N Black on April 19, 2009, 02:32:49 PM

You could say it was stolen and Skip68 is trying to find it...... :D

Edit. Car looks great BTW.  :2thumbs:

...and my remarkable restraint goes for 'naught....  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan

Oh, yes, the car is looking fine!
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

mikepmcs

Yesterday when I was at the shop a guy came in , that I didn't know.. He says to me "Want to hear something funny? My girlfriend's father has a friend that's selling a Cuda. We started talking, and he lives across the country. Well, the guy says to me how nice it is to know an honest shop, and to check out this link to someone that got screwed".

Small world for sure.   :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger666

jb666

Thanks guys. I can't believe the journey this has been.. Would I do it over again? Not in a million years...

:cheers: