News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on May 17, 2009, 03:21:32 PM
Man, this whole mess is all because of one stupid little illegitimate company with an "owner" that was super smart.   ::)   The level that this has come to still blows my mind.      BK1,  I like it.   :2thumbs:

Yeah, well I'll send you one of the plates when I put my vanity plates back on the car (transfer can take up to 2 weeks in MA). These aren't staying, it's bad luck. You can hang the plate next to your BK Custom Built Shifter.

:cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 15, 2009, 09:18:49 AM
Quit driving that new Charger all the time and post up an update allready!! Please?  :icon_smile_wink:

Me?   :icon_smile_big: Every time I go somewhere to take pictures the sun goes away and it looks like rain! I think it's the "BK WON" plate on the car.  :brickwall:

twistedsymphony

:eek2: I made it ... al 150+ pages... I had to do it in sections over the course of a few weeks but it was too damn good to just skip ahead or skim. I'd be remis if I didn't sign up to post.

I'm happy to see such a basket case resurrected to it's original glory... Remember every time you "should have started with a clean roller" you've done your part to preserve a piece of history instead  :2thumbs:

I'm also happy to see Chuck got BK Shut down... good on ya man  :2thumbs:

Me, I'm not a classic car guy, but I am a fan of well built and well respected cars.

I found this thread over on My350Z.com where a similar thread exists... not nearly as bad as this one but someone basically dropped their essentially brand new car off to be fitted with some aftermarket aero and received it back 3 months later with $8K in damage to the chassis because of how it was "installed"
http://www.my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off-topic/389628-horrible-body-shop-experience-details-inside-350z-ruined.html

Scammers and shady shacks exists in all walks of the automotive world.

I'm just glad that I have enough time energy and knowledgeable friends that I can do most of my work on my own cars... and it warms my heart to see people like BK put in their place.  :yesnod:

BTW... you asked for those with web knowledge to dig up stuff on BK
http://web.archive.org/web/20020131025642/www.bkauto.net/mainpagehtml.html ;)

jb666

Quote from: twistedsymphony on May 18, 2009, 04:05:12 PM
  :eek2: I made it ... al 150+ pages... I had to do it in sections over the course of a few weeks but it was too damn good to just skip ahead or skim. I'd be remis if I didn't sign up to post.

I'm happy to see such a basket case resurrected to it's original glory... Remember every time you "should have started with a clean roller" you've done your part to preserve a piece of history instead  :2thumbs:

Me, I'm not a classic car guy, but I am a fan of well built and well respected cars.

I found this thread over on My350Z.com where a similar thread exists... not nearly as bad as this one but someone basically dropped their essentially brand new car off to be fitted with some aftermarket aero and received it back 3 months later with $8K in damage to the chassis because of how it was "installed"
http://www.my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off-topic/389628-horrible-body-shop-experience-details-inside-350z-ruined.html

I'm just glad that I have enough time energy and knowledgeable friends that I can do most of my work on my own cars... and it warms my heart to see people like BK put in their place.  :yesnod:

Welcome! And thanks for taking the time to read through the BK saga from beginning to end. Soon enough it'll be the car from page 1 to the car FINISHED out in the sun during it's first official photo shoot with all of this crap in between. That's the day I'm looking forward to.

Thanks for helping pass the word around, too!! People like BK are all over the place. And don't kid yourselves here, BK IS NOT GONE, not by a long shot. They may think this has died, but they couldn't be more ignorant if they believe that.

skip68

:cheers:   Welcome twistedsymphony.     Thanks for hanging in there and reading it to the end.   Thanks for the comments too.  :2thumbs:     Chuck............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Welcome aboard Twisted. :wave:

Hey Jeff...who is doing the photoshoot???
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 18, 2009, 05:56:28 PM
Welcome aboard Twisted. :wave:

Hey Jeff...who is doing the photoshoot???

I'd tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya. Let's just say it's going to have a lot of exposure  :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Old Moparz

Welcome to the Charger site, but ....DAMN! The work done on that 350Z was a joke. Drywall screws & wood shims to hold a ground effects kit on?  :o

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

PocketThunder

Holy Crap that poor 350Z!!!  Talk about a screw job...  (pun intended  :-\ )
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

twistedsymphony

thankfully the owner of that 350Z has kept a level head, never stated anything that wasn't the complete truth, is going through all the proper legal procedures to bring the shop to justice, and is having a REAL shop fix all the original problems. It'd be comical how much it mirrors this thread here if it weren't for the fact that both stem from expensive and stressful tragedies.

The shop owner went around saying that he painted SEMA cars yet everyone who they found that he had done work for had horrible stories to tell. The shop owner even used excuses like the guy was "cheap" and got what he paid for... amazing how two different scammers half way across the country have the same exact song and dance.

I found this thread here when someone posted a link over on the 350Z thread.. the owner of that Z had this to say
QuoteThat is by far much worse than my situation! My damage is only about 10% of what he paid for that!

His court date is June 2nd... I'd love to see the outcome of both of these.

skip68

You know, if that Mike guy is not an LLC, anyone that is on paper or tied to his company is liable.   :yesnod:   So that means you list his mother on the suit if she is the the one funding his little company.   That makes her a partner and/or investor with intrest in the company.   I know, it sounds cold but I would list everyone.  Even the family dog.   :smilielol:   He may have judgements against him already and that's why his mother is helping.    :shruggy:   There are more things that can be done if the owner of the car want's to make that Mike guy have more problems down the road.    :icon_smile_big:   ALL  LEGAL !   :naughty:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mopar73

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!  THAT POOR Z :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

jb666

Ok, check out the parts that came out of the inside of the driver's door. What blows my mind is that the bottom of the door (in fact, MOST of the door) was solid. There was no rot down along the bottom lip, yet this was completely rotted off the car..

The original, and the bracket they made on the left.

ChgrSteve67

Great looking part. Thats tallent.

Amazing how rust has a way of eating one part but not another.

Your lucky to have people as tallented as that working on your car.

Talk about crap to riches you lucky bastard.

skip68

I know it's too late now but, you should have run the car up on the scale to see how heavy it was when you got it.   :yesnod: Then take it back once it's done and see how much lighter it is now without all the bondo and junk.   :smilielol:

jb666

Funny you'd say that. I can tell you right now that the quarters that came OFF the car were 58lbs heavier (on one side, 56 on the other) than the replacement (AMD) panels.

twistedsymphony

Quote from: jb666 on May 21, 2009, 09:21:15 AM
Funny you'd say that. I can tell you right now that the quarters that came OFF the car were 58lbs heavier (on one side, 56 on the other) than the replacement (AMD) panels.
anyone know the density of bondo? we could figured out exactly how many gallons they put on  :flame:

Ghoste

Wouldn't the severly rusted and outright missing sections of metal make up for it?

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on May 21, 2009, 02:48:41 PM
Wouldn't the severly rusted and outright missing sections of metal make up for it?

Wouldn't it make up for EXTRA weight?? I'm saying the bondo'd panels were heavier (by far) than the replacements. In some places the bondo is 1.5" thick. On the back of the panels there are several spots where metal was put in place and bondo'd to the body to fill in the large holes.

Ghoste

Well you would know better than me  :lol:, I was just going by some of your pics where it looked like they just had missing sections in areas where you couldn't see it so easily as exterior panels.

jb666

Oh no.. The rear quarters were "missing" nothing, and where metal was missing it was made up with Bondo thicker than you'll ever see anywhere... The quarters feel like lead when you're holding them, and when you flex them all you can hear is cracking.

Ghoste

I was thinking more about some of the inner structures and things behind the 1/4s and valence panels.  On the other hand I suppose you had two Dutchman panels didn't you?  Then again, wasn't there also a fiberglass frame structure.  Really I can't remember now and at 156 pages I am not going back.
It would have been interesting to weight all that bondo wouldn't it?

jb666

Yes. The rear frame rails (those that weren't MISSING") were molded from fiberglass. That's what started this whole thing...

BIRD67

Quote from: jb666 on May 21, 2009, 03:10:58 PM
Yes. The rear frame rails (those that weren't MISSING") were molded from fiberglass. That's what started this whole thing...

CORVETTE WANNABE!!! :smilielol: any more progress on this one dude? It's comin along great! When do you hope to have it finished by?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10