News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on June 05, 2009, 12:28:08 PM
I am itching for a fix man come on! More pix!

Ok, I'll give you a teaser. The color is done, something extra's going in right here, then 4-6 coats of clear are going on. I'll have a lot more pictures later... Just something to show you that IT'S PAINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on June 05, 2009, 02:22:58 PM
:scratchchin: Ummm, your ghosting in www.dodgecharger.com??

You lost me here.. What's this mean, Steve?  :lol:

If you mean my pale complexion resembling a ghost, then yes, you are right, I could use some sun.

Steve P.

Quote from: jb666 on June 05, 2009, 02:35:47 PM

If you mean my pale complexion resembling a ghost, then yes, you are right, I could use some sun.

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... I needed that...

You know, like ghost flames or stripes. Only it would be the site logo...  Well, I guess that's not the surprise or you would have understood. Or your trying to keep it a surprise!!!!  lol...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on June 05, 2009, 02:53:07 PM
Quote from: jb666 on June 05, 2009, 02:35:47 PM

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... I needed that...

You know, like ghost flames or stripes. Only it would be the site logo...  Well, I guess that's not the surprise or you would have understood. Or your trying to keep it a surprise!!!!  lol...

Well, first, to give away ONE PART of the surprise, I'm going to make the Mopar guys happy(if it's possible to do that while making a General Lee out of a Charger) and say this -- I decided to use the color that IMO should have been used from day 1. Not Chevy "Flame Red", but Hemi Orange.

No ghost flames though.. Even better..  I'll spoil the surprise after I get more pictures taken (in person). He just called and is on the 4th (out of 6) coat of clear.

ChgrSteve67

RamchargerMopar

Mopar or No Car!

General_01

YESSSSSSSS!!!!! Now we're getting somewhere. The end of the tunnel is looking very bright now. Cool. :icon_smile_cool:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

MoparManJim

Quote from: General_01 on June 05, 2009, 04:22:37 PM
YESSSSSSSS!!!!! Now we're getting somewhere. The end of the tunnel is looking very bright now. Cool. :icon_smile_cool:

And orange also.

Mike DC

QuoteI decided to use the color that IMO should have been used from day one.  Not Chevy "Flame Red" but Hemi Orange.

From what I've been told, Hemi Orange actually was tried for the GL on day one.  

But take a look at the Challenger in "Natural Born Killers," and you see what the factory Hemi Orange paint shade comes out looking like on Hollywood's 35mm film stocks:

The DOH crew didn't wanna have to keep monkeying with the color timing of their prints just to keep the car looking right.  So they basically picked the Corvette color because it looked like Hemi Orange on film.  Flame Red is brighter and a bit more yellowish, and that did the trick.

jb666

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 05, 2009, 04:49:18 PM
QuoteI decided to use the color that IMO should have been used from day one.  Not Chevy "Flame Red" but Hemi Orange.

From what I've been told, Hemi Orange actually was used for the GL on day one.  

But take a look at the Challenger in "Natural Born Killers," and you see what the factory Hemi Orange paint shade comes out looking like on Hollywood's 35mm film stocks:

The DOH crew didn't wanna have to keep monkeying with the color timing of their prints just to keep the car orange.  So they went with something brighter & a bit less red than the factory shade.  

I've ALWAYS loved Hemi Orange, so when it came down to deciding on a color there was never any question for me.. I can't wait to see the thing..

tan top

:drool5: .......... :dance: :dance:  come along way ..can't wait to see more pictures ..... once its painted :coolgleamA: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

that's awesome!!! 6 coats, now that's what I'm talking about.   :o
i'm excited for you brother!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Did you find that padding for the inside?? 

v/r
M
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 05, 2009, 06:27:20 PM
that's awesome!!! 6 coats, now that's what I'm talking about.   :o
i'm excited for you brother!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Did you find that padding for the inside?? 

v/r
M

No, not yet.. But to be totally honest with you, I haven't looked too hard. I will get on it now though, believe me...

It's a pretty exciting time.. Not to mention, how many guys have had their car painted by a guy who moonlights as a Barry White impersonator?? I'll betcha that narrows it down.

I'll leave you with my dancing banana.

mikepmcs

I bet he was singing this one while he was painting.  :2thumbs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw

And this is what you'll be singing tomorrow when you see the car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcd3XuQwDQQ

Quote from: jb666 on June 05, 2009, 08:08:17 PM
Not to mention, how many guys have had their car painted by a guy who moonlights as a Barry White impersonator??
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi-hampton

Since Hemi Orange has a real slight tint of Metallic I'm going to guess your surprise has something to do with this. Maybe more metallic? Maybe coarser metallic, maybe pearl instead of metallic? Or am I way off track? LEON.

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 05, 2009, 08:22:05 PM
Since Hemi Orange has a real slight tint of Metallic I'm going to guess your surprise has something to do with this. Maybe more metallic? Maybe coarser metallic, maybe pearl instead of metallic? Or am I way off track? LEON.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, Leon, you are a smart man...   :cheers: :cheers: I'll fill in the details tomorrow.

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 05, 2009, 08:18:34 PM
I bet he was singing this one while he was painting.  :2thumbs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw

And this is what you'll be singing tomorrow when you see the car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcd3XuQwDQQ

Quote from: jb666 on June 05, 2009, 08:08:17 PM
Not to mention, how many guys have had their car painted by a guy who moonlights as a Barry White impersonator??

Mike, I think I might have just peed my pants, THAT was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big C called me earlier (in between coats) and did the best Barry White impersonation on my voicemail  :rofl:

hemi-hampton

Ahhhhhhhhhh, Leon, you are a smart man...     I'll fill in the details tomorrow.

I'm a Painter, Whatcha expect ;)  LEON

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 05, 2009, 08:27:37 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh, Leon, you are a smart man...     I'll fill in the details tomorrow.

I'm a Painter, Whatcha expect ;)  LEON

Then I'm surprised you didn't ask why a siphon fed gun was being used... You must have known what was going on..

hemi-hampton

For some reason I never noticed the Antique Siphon feed gun until now that you mentioned it, Just had to go back & look. LEON.

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 05, 2009, 08:31:17 PM
For some reason I never noticed the Antique Siphon feed gun until now that you mentioned it, Just had to go back & look. LEON.

Just used for that one step.. While I'd love to make this car glimmer like the average Bass boat/Dune Buggy, I didn't want to go to an extreme, because it's not the car to do it on.. So we kept it subtle, but custom enough to know it's not normally like this.

hemi-hampton

So, I'm going to Guess he's using a big 2.0 (or similar) tipped primer gun with no filter to spray some big flakes :scratchchin: