News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

sounds like something to add to your rolling billboard for crappy vendors when you take it on the road.  you're gonna need a semi. Hang in there brother! Talk later, back to work.  I'll check that other sites thread tonight.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

So get this.. As of the beginning of 2009, PayPal no longer "protects" people who do not buy through EBay.  Where this was a "personal sale" there is nothing they can do.

So don't be fooled by "buyer's protection", it should read EBAY BUYER'S PROTECTION.

I spoke with a manager at PayPal's Resolution Center for a while this afternoon about my good friend Bugsy. It appears I'm not the only complaint of fraud on his record, but there aren't enough to open an official "fraud case" against him, YET. A case has been opened with him as a seller, and if a couple more people step forward in the next 90 days PayPal will then put the hammer down on him...

And oh, look, another person getting screwed by "Bugsy" as we speak...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
To:    jb666
Posted:    Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:24 pm
Subject:    Hey.........    Quote message
Man i ordered decals from this guy and still havent seen them!!!!!!(Bugsy) They seem to always have an excuse dont they??? I see your aggrivation...If he is gonna sell stuff........he NEEDS to get it out...On your side...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So now, as I sit and wait for my car to be finished, I'm going on a mission to show "Bugsy" that it's not very nice screwing people over..

twistedsymphony

I lost $400 due to paypal's "buyer protection" on a forum deal

I went to buy a bunch of used parts off a guy we agreed on $400 for the parts shipped... I emailed him a day later and wanted to add another part for $40 more.... which he agreed to.

the guy shipped me one part worth about $20 and posted up the tracking number for the $400 payment... then he vanished, the best paypal was able to do was refund me the $40 payment because it didn't have a valid tracking number... but as far as they were concerened the guy shipped me SOMETHING and that was a-ok for the $400 part of it  :brickwall:

for future reference ... paypal automatically defaults to direct withdrawal out of your bank account as opposed to a credit card payment (they "recommend" this because it's a cheaper method for them to collect your money)... now if I ever buy anything more than $20 I manually switch the payment method to CREDIT CARD as opposed to BANK TRANSFER (there is no way to default this, you have to do it manually every time).

if you use credit card instead you can call your credit card company and have the charge reversed... unlike paypal they actually like you as a customer and do as you wish.

there is a good chance that this will piss off paypal and they'll close your account for going above their heads, though I've heard that they're a lot more "friendly" to your needs if they know it was a credit card transfer and you threaten to have them reverse the charge (mostly because this acts as a strike against paypal and not a strike against the seller)... but as long as you know what you're doing you'll get your money back with a credit card transfer.

------------

and yeah that vinyl he sent you was a joke... obviously he just bought a vinyl cutter and built the flag to be created in layers... which just just plain dumb and ugly. They're not legit printed graphics, and I'd get my money back and have them painted properly ;)

EDIT: looking at that eBay auction it looks legit...  and the guys feedback is GLOWING.... what's another $200 to get the graphics done right at this point... deal with getting your money back from bugsey and and in the mean time move forward with some proper stencils.

I know it feels to drop hundreds and thousands on parts that don't work out, or scum-bag sellers who lied or mis-represented what they were selling. the best thing you can do is deal with them the best you can and move on with your build...

jb666

Well, they are being painted correctly (thanks to a local vinyl guy, long story). And you're right about PayPay, 100%... It's a shame, really.

As far as old "Bugsy" goes, well his house of cards will crumble around him... Will it be worth the $200 he screwed me out of?

Sabre

I've used Bugsy's decals on several occasions.  I've bought several 1/24th scale, 1/16th scale, and 1/18th scale General Lee decals from him.  Decals were perfect and I got them quickly.  They are still on my diecast and model cars.  I'm surprised you're having this much trouble with Bugsy. :shruggy:  Of course I've never bought full size decals.

jb666

Quote from: Sabre on June 18, 2009, 08:50:21 PM
I've used Bugsy's decals on several occasions.  I've bought several 1/24th scale, 1/16th scale, and 1/18th scale General Lee decals from him.  Decals were perfect and I got them quickly.  They are still on my diecast and model cars.  I'm surprised you're having this much trouble with Bugsy. :shruggy:  Of course I've never bought full size decals.

And that's just it, these weren't one of his decal kits... This was a stencil kit so the graphics could be painted on... On the phone that night he said "Oh yeah I've done tons of these... I'll fix you right up". I was siked...

Now, when the poop hits the fan he says "I'm not a stencil guy, I do decals!!". Well, had he just told me that we'd be fine..

I'm cool anyways, the $$ is getting refunded by my CC company and THEY are retrieving the $$ from him, so all is well. I'll be shipping these back to him (Since PayPal was nice enough to fork his address over for return shipping), and this saga can come to an end...

As for Bugsy, personally, I think he's just flat broke , already spent the $$ and CAN'T refund it.. Is  that any excuse for his line(s) of BS? No, but oh well, to each his own

c00nhunterjoe

So what is the scoop on the car? New pics of how they are applying the graphics? I am always curious to see how different shops paint the flag on.

jb666

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 18, 2009, 09:01:01 PM
so what is the scoop on the car? new pics of how they are appying the graphics? i am always curious to see how different shops paint the flag on

Well, the thing here is I'm not one of these guys that "has to have it exactly like the _____ General Lee" from a certain era.. To me, a flag's a flag regardless of the time span... I have the "Georgia Graphics" on the car now , and those are being copied...

So the Pearl White base goes down first, then the colors on top of it. When that's done it'll get buried in clear (same with the doors).

No graphics on the rear (trunk area). I don't like those.. 

I'll have more pics this weekend, although (thanks to Bugsy) the car's in a holding pattern.....

Sabre

Quote from: jb666 on June 18, 2009, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: Sabre on June 18, 2009, 08:50:21 PM

And that's just it, these weren't one of his decal kits... This was a stencil kit so the graphics could be painted on... On the phone that night he said "Oh yeah I've done tons of these... I'll fix you right up". I was siked...

Now, when the poop hits the fan he says "I'm not a stencil guy, I do decals!!". Well, had he just told me that we'd be fine..

I'm cool anyways, the $$ is getting refunded by my CC company and THEY are retrieving the $$ from him, so all is well. I'll be shipping these back to him (Since PayPal was nice enough to fork his address over for return shipping), and this saga can come to an end...

As for Bugsy, personally, I think he's just flat broke , already spent the $$ and CAN'T refund it.. Is  that any excuse for his line(s) of BS? No, but oh well, to each his own

It appears to me Bugsy got in over his head, he should have stuck with small decals instead of full size stencils.  I don't know the guy personally, I've ordered several decals from him over the past few years and was pleasantly satisfied.  I'm just surprised he wasn't replying to your messages or willing to refund the money.  I never had a problem with him, I always got what I ordered rather quickly.  The decals I ordered were imo top notch, so I'm surprised the stencils were not.  When owning a business one should always be willing and able to be in contact with the customer.  That and willing to refund ASAP if the customer is not satisfied.

Don't give up on your GL, you're so close to the finish line.

c00nhunterjoe

lol, i didnt mean what version of the graphics, i meant the body shops personal techniques for the flag. i'm with you, a general is a general, a flag is a flag.

jb666

Oh , that I will definitely share... This shop has done some custom airbrush/paint work that'll blow your mind, it's awesome...

Kind of like these diagrams Bugsy (or maybe his 4 year old neighbor playing around with CAD) drew up for my "jigsaw puzzle" of a stencil kit:

:o

c00nhunterjoe

jb666

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 18, 2009, 09:52:33 PM
yeah, i saw them on cfglfc

Oh, but I wanted to share them... Much like I'll share pictures of my "custom kit" for the next 10 years to anyone I hear that's looking for a vinyl/stencil kit when telling them who NOT to buy from.

:cheers: :cheers:

General_01

Quote from: jb666 on June 18, 2009, 09:55:56 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 18, 2009, 09:52:33 PM
yeah, i saw them on cfglfc

Oh, but I wanted to share them... Much like I'll share pictures of my "custom kit" for the next 10 years to anyone I hear that's looking for a vinyl/stencil kit when telling them who NOT to buy from.

:cheers: :cheers:

Already helping you out with that Jeff.

http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=23359
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

I'm sorry Jeff, but you would think that a car that is getting this much attention and going to get more, you would get good stuff from the guys selling it.   :rotz:    Your car will be top notch when done so just keep that in mind.  I am still working on my stecils of   "VENGENCE"    so hang in there.   :drool5:    I think they will be in 1/15th.09573-274-5+3x.1  scale.  So they should fit like a glove and the guys at the shop will have a real easy time doing them.    :smilielol: :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Hemidog

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

autodynamics

jb666

I haven't been there yet...... The shop is about 40 miles from my work and they are open the same hours that I work, so normally I only go over there on Saturdays....  I'll have some shots in the next day or so.

Not much has changed since last weekend's pictures, though because of the stencil mix-up..

Switchback

I thought this was rather ironic/sad/funny however you want to look at it.

http://cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=7362

Page 6 & 7 a guy orders decals and waits and waits and waits. Questions Bugsy several times and this is his response.

Quote from: Bugsy"I'm sorry I am not on the computer on weekends Because I'm not at work I have stuff with my church to do on weekends and dont have the time sorry But I do always get back to everyone when I can

SO CHILL OUT

I dont need 40 PM's and 100 emails in just a few hours.

I have said over and over again If I get 40 emails or PM's in one day I DONT ANSWER YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU SENT ME SO MUCH

I cant read all of that I dont have time so send me 1 maybe 2 emails but not 100

Aply this to who it aplys OR If the shoe fits whare it!!!!!"

And to top this all off, he finally sends the guy his decals and now said guy can't kiss his butt enough. And as far as not answering emails or PMs because "you sent me so much" is a big crock.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Switchback on June 19, 2009, 01:02:42 PM
I thought this was rather ironic/sad/funny however you want to look at it.

http://cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=7362

Page 6 & 7 a guy orders decals and waits and waits and waits. Questions Bugsy several times and this is his response.

Quote from: Bugsy"I'm sorry I am not on the computer on weekends Because I'm not at work I have stuff with my church to do on weekends and dont have the time sorry But I do always get back to everyone when I can

SO CHILL OUT

I dont need 40 PM's and 100 emails in just a few hours.

I have said over and over again If I get 40 emails or PM's in one day I DONT ANSWER YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU SENT ME SO MUCH

I cant read all of that I dont have time so send me 1 maybe 2 emails but not 100

Aply this to who it aplys OR If the shoe fits whare it!!!!!"

And to top this all off, he finally sends the guy his decals and now said guy can't kiss his butt enough. And as far as not answering emails or PMs because "you sent me so much" is a big crock.

Yea, plus look at this  ::) http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=23200 

Now, I'm not kissing his behind, I was just stating in there about how I recived the items I got from him, Plus I laso told how they work and why I stop useing his stuff for to. I already explain to Jeff about this in a PM also.

jb666

Yeah, it is pretty pathetic how he does business. The funny thing is 4 people have contacted me from that site because they got screwed by him and also got 100 excuses. I tell ya people like this guy Dennis give the hobby a bad name...