News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I took 1/2 day today so I could gather some information on "Bugsy" and sent it along to a couple of interested parties.. This guy doesn't know the slightest thing about running a business and is advertising all over the internet  :o .. His domain under Mommy's name, his "business phone" under someone else's name... Looks like "Bugsy" has some credit problems too  :lol:

On a good note, the $$ was returned to my account today, not by PayPal.. Not by Bugsy, but from my CC company...

They said it could be 60-90 days before they get everything together and hit PayPal for the $$, but THEY WILL (100% confident). The lady at PayPal said if that happens, PayPal will more than likely (eventually) close his account, especially if others step forward.

So.. That concludes the Bugsy series for today.. What a complete waste of time this guy was.

mikepmcs

Very glad to hear this Jeff!!!
Way to stick it out and get some satisfaction.
Still limited use on my computer so i haven't gone back to the other site to respond but have read the posts. I guess point is null because you will receive a refund.  now all we have to do is make sure vendor either shapes up or goes under. :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FLG

Glad things are moving forward  :2thumbs:

I'll get back to you again over the weekend but this upcoming thursday man  :2thumbs:

:D

jb666

Cool , Frank, I'll look forward to meeting you!! I've met some awesome people off this forum already  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well, I'm going to close the book on a saga... Dennis AKA Bugsy...

He had his Mommy come after me and defend him late last night. After going back and forth with her this morning it dawned on me (yeah, I know I'm a bit slow) that neither of them OR THIS STENCIL KIT are worth my time.. To FIGHT over $230 is ridiculous. If they need the $$ that bad and want to be dishonest , so be it, but I'm done with them... Imagine being a grown man and running to Mommy to defend your good name?? Wow...

I'll post pictures of the "kit" later, and y'all can decide if I'm full of crap. If you'd use this kit on your own vehicle, then I'll gladly accept that... In fact, YOU CAN HAVE IT if you want it  :lol:

But as of right now, I'm done with them  :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

:popcrn:  You know Jeff,   :popcrn:   I'm gonna want that kit.   :icon_smile_big:  I love to have the crap work from other vendors for my collection titled  "I can't believe they sold this".    :smilielol:   I guess that's why I was not welcome to join the CGLFC.   I tried and tried to get in but it's a no go.   :rotz:   I grew up with the show, have a GENNY LEE but that's not gonna cut it.   So, I guess I'll just play alone.  ;)  We could start our own club called THE GENERAL LEE CLUB WITH NO B.S.   We would require our members to be honest and that's it.   :scratchchin:   I bet it will be a small club.    :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Well, I just got back in from taking a cruise in the Vette with the wife.. Went by the shop and happened to catch him picking a few things up!!

We didn't have a ton of time, but I was talking to him about the stencil kit that arrived.. The funny thing is that with this "repositional vinyl" , we tested the theory using one of the many pcs of scrap that came in my "custom kit" tube. There is NO WAY this stuff would stick down while the paint's being applied. Think of it like those "vinyl stickie decals" that you can keep putting down and re-using on other surfaces.. That's the type of vinyl this is. It's heavy vinyl with no adhesive what so ever on it..  Imagine even one slight corner lifting while you are spraying? You'd have to redo the entire thing..

The "kit" I got was brought over to the (local) guy this shop has used for 20 years. He's never done a GL "kit" before, but he has all of the measurements. Anyways, this guy said he has never seen a "stencil kit" (to be used for painting) like this before and that it's a "total joke".  So, we have two shops with over 20 years experience laughing at the crap I got, but what do they know.

OK - Back to business... Not much done to the car this week because of this mix-up, so while they wait for the new stencils to be finished up, they finished up a couple of other projects...

:drool5: This thing is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then this Grand Prix was being finished up.

And this just got painted(uppers).. Gotta love the old Packards!!!!!!!!!

And here's the General... Waiting patiently.

:cheers:

autodynamics

there looks like a face is in the material.? am i missing something here?

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on June 20, 2009, 05:23:55 PM
there looks like a face is in the material.? am i missing something here?

Holy shit!! I hadn't seen that! There is a face in the material, and it wasn't done on purpose!!   :o Good eyes you have there!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out this totally customize machine that was in their shop today.. This thing is trick!!

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

valiant charger

Quote from: jb666 on June 20, 2009, 05:25:55 PM
Check out this totally customize machine that was in their shop today.. This thing is trick!!

There is one of these badboy's on youtube running nitrous :coolgleamA: (totally DESTROYS everything they thorw at it :lol:)

My first post in this thread. (And my 1st post on this site for a very long time too) I started reading your story when It was only 95 pages long. Buy the time I read the whole thing, it was 97 pages long. I wept at your sorrows, and shared you rage at the evildoers who commited the atrocities to this poor, poor car. I remove my hat to you sir. You dedication and perseverence is  uncommon to say the least. I'd say I can't wait to see pictures of her all finished, but really that goes without saying!  :cheers:

RamchargerMopar

Mopar or No Car!

FLG

Gotta say guys, pics dont do justice. Car looks SWEET with that metallic flake. No progress yet, still waiting on stencil stuff. Real nice guys there.

:2thumbs:

jb666

Thanks frank!! I'm glad you got to see it in person!! They thought very highly of you as well.

More progress shots this week, hopefully.   

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: jb666 on June 26, 2009, 04:32:50 PM
Thanks frank!! I'm glad you got to see it in person!! They thought very highly of you as well.

More progress shots this week, hopefully.   

Come on gimmy something man!!! I am so itchin for a fix...a lug nut! Picture of the grill, oh picture of a spare tire for the General or the Jack kit for him...SOMETHING!!!!! lol
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Ok guys, nothing really new this week..  The car had to take a break from the action to get a couple of other hot projects finished, which they did, and WOW is this thing going to be hot... The weldwork on this car (that Jon and his shop built!) is stunning.. Between Jon and the body shop this car is awesome!! Sorry for the crappy quality pics, all I had on me was my IPhone but I wanted to get something for you guys...

A couple of shots of the latest & greatest welding helmet  :o

Here's Jon and his crew and what appears to be a new trophy!!

And here's what kind of fun a few crazier than life people have on a Saturday afternoon with their golf cart  :smilielol: , these guys are like an Xtreme stunt team, watching them mess around is a riot!!

jb666

Well guys, I went by the shop today to check out my car... What do you think, looking good?? (Those really are my old door decals though!!)

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I did get good news today, MY STENCILS ARRIVED!! They are in the hands of the artists, now it's time to watch it unfold...

hemi-hampton

jb666

, it was. To the shop the guys have used for 15+ years. They said it came out really nice and will work out perfectly.

mikepmcs

:2thumbs:
Back in business. 

That welding helmet is incredible.  Tell the boys I said hey and I'm gonna buy a new welding helmet just to get it painted. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 30, 2009, 08:51:57 PM
Is the Stencil work being outsourced? LEON. :scratchchin:

Sorry, I answered from my IPhone and it got cut off. Yes, the stencil kit was outsourced to a local shop that's done all of their stencil/vinyl work for years.

He said the "GENERAL LEE" lettering in my original kit wasn't a total wash. He used that as a guide to create the NEW stencils, but he did agree that without application paper everything in the "kit" I bought from Bugsy and his mom was useless, as expected.

Anyways, guess what surprise I got today?? The price of the new kit?? Because the guy who owns the (vinyl) shop felt bad about the "shit kit" I got from Bugsy and his mom, he did it all for UNDER $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, I was shocked. At first one of the guys jokingly told me it was "only $700". When I woke up he told me he was just kidding..

So I'm pleased with that, and will be pleased to start posting progress pics again and stop talking so damn much  :cheers: :cheers:

As far as BK Auto goes, well they live to see another day. I had someone go by their "shop" a couple of days ago and he confirmed they were still inside working  :brickwall:

hemi-hampton

Meant not the Stencil itself but the paintwork using the Stencil. I assume these guys can handle it. Any Airbrushing involved, Is there a airbrush artist working at the shop? LEON.

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 02, 2009, 08:22:02 PM
Meant not the Stencil itself but the paintwork using the Stencil. I assume these guys can handle it. Any Airbrushing involved, Is there a airbrush artist working at the shop? LEON.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you. Yes, two of the guys at the shop are air-brush masters.. Some of the work I've seen roll out of that shop (custom murals, flames, etc...) just blows me away. I know it'll be done right. The paint's all been picked out, set aside and ready to roll.. The assortment of House Of Kolors being used is awesome!!!!

hemi-hampton

Why house of Color, They specialize more in Candy & Pearls & metalflakes & custom colors. :scratchchin: LEON.

jb666

mikepmcs