News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Ok, just a couple of "filler" shots I took in between stages that I never posted..

First, is this really cool '57 Chevy Convertible the guys were working on.. This is one Hell of a car!!

And last, just wait.. There are some special plans for this shirt, a dummy and about 500 rounds of ammo from an automatic weapon.. That's going to be an entertaining video, as well as a good stress reliever.

MoparManJim

Man, I think I just feel in love here..... with a car! :o 

Jeff, that is one very very very nice charger so far. I can just see how it will look when it is all back togother.  :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: chargergirl on July 12, 2009, 08:40:09 PM
I'm sure you will be keeping all your receipts. You seem reluctant to go after the guy who sold this car to you, I would at least ask for his receipts. It's a hard lesson you learned, but looks like she will become the car of your dreams...and now you know the quality of the work...bottom to top. Congrats.

Sorry, I meant to address this... Once this is done and all I have the total (all MY slips) in order, the guy who sold me this car will be in court. It makes no sense for me to pull him into court right now since it's not done yet. Court papers have already been filed.

teamroth

Looks awesome Jeff! can't wait to see it in person. Almost there bro, chin up!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on July 13, 2009, 03:27:50 PM
Looks awesome Jeff! can't wait to see it in person. Almost there bro, chin up!

Thanks!! Any time man!!

I just got a call from the Big C at the shop.. He said "Your concern that the car hasn't been started for several months is over, it fired right over and sounds awesome!!".

It hasn't run since February. When it needs to move it just gets pushed around...  :cheers:

On a good note, the fourth and final installment of my "hack job" series should be coming out shortly...

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=11452.new#new

Brian's a member here, as well, but that's a cool site because there are a lot of hard core racers..

From the beginning, if anyone here's interested, here's his first article on the car:

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/General-Lee-Clone-Total-Butchery.html

The next article:

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Update-1-The-Hack-Job-General-Lee.html

The most depressing article:

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/The-Hack-Job-General-Lee-has-Officially-Hit-Rock-Bottom.html

The latest installment:

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/The-Hack-Job-General-Lee-Update-Light-at-the-End-of-the-Tunnel.html

BIRD67

Hey Jeff, you ought to do what we did to our first engine builder for the 'Bird.. He was a complete ass like BK so we did loongg burnouts up and down his street to get back at him, he wasn't very happy, but we got our point across!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

jb666

Quote from: BIRD67 on July 13, 2009, 05:54:49 PM
Hey Jeff, you ought to do what we did to our first engine builder for the 'Bird.. He was a complete ass like BK so we did loongg burnouts up and down his street to get back at him, he wasn't very happy, but we got our point across!

:lol: Well, if BK wasn't thousands of miles from me I might consider that.. Then again, Thomas would probably love that.. He'd be taking pictures telling everyone "This is one of the cars that I built!! Look at it go!!!" and would take all the credit for it..

mikepmcs

Car looks incredible Jeff.  Tell the fellas, they are awesome!!

BTW that text was from me about 2 hours ago from my blackberry,(i had just returned from the Verizon store) I got a new number.  This is all your fault you know with that darn Ithingy you have there.  Now I'm Techmeyer Johnson. :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 13, 2009, 06:07:36 PM
Car looks incredible Jeff.  Tell the fellas, they are awesome!!

BTW that text was from me about 2 hours ago from my blackberry,(i had just returned from the Verizon store) I got a new number.  This is all your fault you know with that darn Ithingy you have there.  Now I'm Techmeyer Johnson. :lol:

Mike, the other night when you pulled up to the guy's shop and I looked at the inside of your Challenger, you looked like a State Trooper. Laptop on a swivel facing you, on, connected to the internet.. You are high tech dude, whether you want to admit it or not .. My IPhone's got nothing on your setup!!  :rofl:

And I don't need to tell the boys they are awesome, you just did!!  :cheers: :cheers:

TA70455

WOW, those first pics from last week did this NO justice. that Flag looks absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!  I can't wait to see it in person.

jb666

Quote from: TA70455 on July 13, 2009, 06:17:31 PM
WOW, those first pics from last week did this NO justice. that Flag looks absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!  I can't wait to see it in person.

Well you know where it is, Chris  :icon_smile_big: and you know when I'm there!!! :cheers:

jb666

Guess what someone just pointed out to me????????? The genus's at BK Auto mis spelled the first word on their shirt  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's Acquisition not aquisition  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wouldn't you think someone would proof read things like this before SHIRTS went into print??

teamroth

Steve P.

I am very happy that the GL is coming together for you Jeff. After the blood and tears and GOD KNOW how much money, I am reallllly very happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't know if it's the same for others, but I have been watching this build from the first post. I have wanted to hurt that bassard in some long term lesson of a way to show the World that this stuff will NOT be tolerated. The odd thing is that I have been forgetting just how BAD the putty party was on this ride. I have just seen pics on another website of this car and was horrified when looking at pics I HAVE SEEN before and just kind of forgotten due to how it looks today. I guess that's a testament for all the guys making this build something very special. I just have to say, I wanted to throw up when looking at some of the old pictures again. It's hard to say what the worst of it was.  I do NOT believe that just shutting BK down is right. Not even on the same street. I think the only thing that thief can do is fall on his own sword. That would not help him to save face. Just that it would FOR SURE keep him from ever doing this again.

Jeff, I hope this story doesn't end when you do your first burnout or win your first trophy. The car deserves what awards if receives from this point forward due to you making it happen and finding the RIGHT people for the job. Be proud of YOU. I am.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Wow Steve, thanks!!!

The one thing that's kept me going through all of this is the large group of friends I've made BECAUSE OF this car.. I think about it every day, had I bought the 100% perfect car I THOUGHT I was getting, sure, maybe I wouldn't be going through the Hell of rebuilding a total POS Toilet, but I certainly wouldn't have been introduced to the people I have... From the first stages (connecting with Jon, who IMO is the best thing to ever happen to the world of racing/suspensions/chassis work) to meeting the guys at the current shop with all of the members here, who have helped me in some fashion, that is PRICELESS.

People have asked, since last year, "what's keeping you from going bonkers??". I'll tell ya, NOT MUCH, just friends!!!  :cheers: :cheers: This forum freakin' rocks, and the people that have the skill to make these cars into  a work of art truly are my heros!!!   :cheers: :cheers:

So, if I could do it all over again would I change it?? Sure I would, but I'd also make damn sure I know the people that I know now.

chargergirl

Quote from: jb666 on July 13, 2009, 03:00:39 PM
Quote from: chargergirl on July 12, 2009, 08:40:09 PM
I'm sure you will be keeping all your receipts. You seem reluctant to go after the guy who sold this car to you, I would at least ask for his receipts. It's a hard lesson you learned, but looks like she will become the car of your dreams...and now you know the quality of the work...bottom to top. Congrats.

Sorry, I meant to address this... Once this is done and all I have the total (all MY slips) in order, the guy who sold me this car will be in court. It makes no sense for me to pull him into court right now since it's not done yet. Court papers have already been filed.

Good for you...GL IS HANDSOME NOW AND HAS SUBSTANCE! Print all correspondence, promises, and other critical info...of course you know that. There are those that are only out for a buck and will even sell a clone as a true car. THAT is just not done either. What I have found is those that lie don't last long...that's a good thing!
Trust your Woobie!

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on July 13, 2009, 06:57:25 PM
Guess what someone just pointed out to me????????? The genus's at BK Auto mis spelled the first word on their shirt  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's Acquisition not aquisition  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wouldn't you think someone would proof read things like this before SHIRTS went into print??

dang i thought the mistake on the Tshirt was restoration & fabrication  :slap:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

Man, thanks for making me go back and look at the junk pictures Steve.   ;)    DAMN! This car has come back from the grave.   :2thumbs:   Good job Jeff.   :cheers:  Soon you will have the smell of rubber to complain about.   :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

teamroth

Quote from: skip68 on July 14, 2009, 11:49:54 PM
Man, thanks for making me go back and look at the junk pictures Steve.   ;)    DAMN! This car has come back from the grave.   :2thumbs:   Good job Jeff.   :cheers:  Soon you will have the smell of rubber to complain about.   :yesnod:

so would you say it was "RESURRECTED"?

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on July 15, 2009, 03:00:12 PM

Oh geeze man, don't get Chuckie going again.

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on July 15, 2009, 03:06:09 PM

Again? I didn't know that he has stop from the first time  :smilielol:

teamroth

jb666

I was told today that Mike(PMCS) came through for us in a BIG WAY, and I owe him huge...

A few weeks ago Mike stuffed a full radiator support through the trunk/back seat area of his brand new Challenger and drove down to the shop.. Last week he drove to the shop from Carlisle and dropped off (SAME DAY!!) the front marker light assemblies.

Well, both items ended up being mint, and they were primed for paint yesterday & today. I'll have some shots of them painted this weekend.

The best part? MONTHS ago when the car was at Jon's shop, Mike came down (the first time) with a box of grille parts. When I first looked at them I thought "Wow, this stuff is junk!". FAR FROM IT. The main fabricator of the shop the car's at now went to town (as you saw in the pictures) and restored my grille to 100% using parts from Mike.

So Mike, I thank you, the body shop thanks you and the front end of my car thanks you  :cheers: :cheers: YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't thank you enough, and some day I hope to be able to return the favor.

skip68

Quote from: MoparManJim on July 15, 2009, 04:06:22 PM
Quote from: jb666 on July 15, 2009, 03:06:09 PM
Man, thanks for making me go back and look at the junk pictures Steve.   ;)    DAMN! This car has come back from the grave.   :2thumbs:   Good job Jeff.   :cheers:  Soon you will have the smell of rubber to complain about.   :yesnod:

Again? I didn't know that he has stop from the first time  :smilielol:

I would have to say the car was hit with a "VENGEANCE"......    :nana:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?