News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on July 15, 2009, 06:07:12 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on July 15, 2009, 04:06:22 PM
Quote from: jb666 on July 15, 2009, 03:06:09 PM
Quote from: teamroth on July 15, 2009, 03:00:12 PM
Quote from: skip68 on July 14, 2009, 11:49:54 PM
Man, thanks for making me go back and look at the junk pictures Steve.   ;)    DAMN! This car has come back from the grave.   :2thumbs:   Good job Jeff.   :cheers:  Soon you will have the smell of rubber to complain about.   :yesnod:

so would you say it was "RESURRECTED"?

Oh geeze man, don't get Chuckie going again.

Again? I didn't know that he has stop from the first time  :smilielol:

I would have to say the car was hit with a "VENGEANCE"......    :nana:   

:nana: back at you bud  :lol: 

But I will half to agree with you on what you said though.

c00nhunterjoe

jb666

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 15, 2009, 10:18:20 PM
where does mikepmcs live? and where is the car at right now?

Huh? Where's he live?? I don't know, to be honest.. He's been down to see the car three times, but I haven't been to his place.

As for the car, it's still at the body shop in Southern Mass about 20 minutes from Cape Cod.

Tilar

Man Jeff, that is really looking good. I'd almost be afraid to drive it after all that. I think I'd also have it insured against everything including bug juice on the windshield.  :smilielol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on July 16, 2009, 07:29:13 PM
Man Jeff, that is really looking good. I'd almost be afraid to drive it after all that. I think I'd also have it insured against everything including bug juice on the windshield.  :smilielol:

:lol: Not a bad idea.. The policy I have on it now covers it for quite a bit of $$, but not what it'll be when it's done.. So I've already talked to an appraiser and my policy will be adjusted as soon as it's finished.

:cheers:

jb666

Well, quite a bit's been done since my last visit to the shop... The marker lights(housings) are all painted. The lower/front valance panel is painted.. The push bar has been cleaned up (sloppy welds) and is in primer and the front radiator support has been completed... I'll have some good shots after tomorrow's visit. The General had a great week outside in the sun baking.. Perfect week for it!

:cheers: :cheers:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on July 17, 2009, 08:20:58 PM
Cool......can't wait to see it done.  :2thumbs:

Me neither. Every week it gets closer and I begin to get more and more excited about it..

c00nhunterjoe

i meant his general area lol.

i cant wait to see the finished product  :drool5: :popcrn:

mikepmcs

I've been spotted in Maine every now and again.
Click my profile, it has all that you seek :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

General_01

Quote from: jb666 on July 18, 2009, 11:49:30 AM
:drool5:

check this out guys. I just took this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqm7WIqndsA

You just like tormenting yourself, don't you? :icon_smile_big:

I bet you wanted to put that thing in drive and go for a long awaited ride. I know I did. Sounded very nice. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Well, not really tormenting ... Ok, fine, it is.. I heard that thing fire up and I got all excited like the day I bought it.. We all know what happened after that  :eek2:

jb666

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on July 18, 2009, 12:39:24 PM
Quote from: Red Ram on July 18, 2009, 12:33:29 PM
Sounds great! I'd ditch the clown car horn.

Why would you ditch the dixie horn on a GL replica?

what's a gl without the horn!!

It's got a normal horn too.

Steve P.

I think the normal horn should be replaced with a TRAIN HORN...   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on July 18, 2009, 12:50:17 PM
I think the normal horn should be replaced with a TRAIN HORN...   :2thumbs:
You know what?? I like that idea.   :lol:

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Dans 68

jb,

The horn sounds a little "flat", as though it is not on key. I'm no expert but I do have one good ear (burst the other one years ago on a dive  :rofl:). Have you checked it against others? This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3GtbY2vTBs sounds on key. Otherwise it is looking great.

Dan

P.S. It just occurred to me that it is a tribute to your persistence that we (I) can now pick at details on your GL rather than its original condition. Way to go!
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

jb666

You are right. Sounds a bit fast too. I'll look into it. The horn is all new, but just got oiled so it mght be a bit off.

jb666

Quote from: Red Ram on July 18, 2009, 01:00:19 PM
Now a train horn...that's the ticket!

I'm on it.

It's funny, so far everyone in the shop that's heard it run has said "WOW, sounds like a funny car!" and after hearing it today I agree.. Jon DEFINITELY tuned this thing and got it running the way it should be, because before this it would take 10 minutes of feathering the gas to get it to idle on it's own.. Now you can fire it over and it'll idle immediately.

skip68

:drool5:  Man Jeff, that thing sounds sweeeeet....   I would drink your bath water just to drive it once.    :drool5: :drive: :drive: :drive: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on July 18, 2009, 01:47:16 PM
:drool5:  Man Jeff, that thing sounds sweeeeet....   I would drink your bath water just to drive it once.    :drool5: :drive: :drive: :drive: 

Uhhh.. Ummm... I'm not sure what to say, except that I'm glad I don't bathe.

:idiot: