News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Ok , here are a few pictures I took today.. As I said earlier, the front valance panel is repaired/painted, along with the four corner marker assemblies (thank you again Mike!). The front push bar has been cleaned up (We think a 10 year old kid put it together.. Nice welds..) and ready for paint. All in all the ONLY paint the car needs from here is the flat black on the rear tail light panel.

If you saw this before you'd appreciate it now.. It was a mess, twisted, dented, scraped...

Going to be done in a Gloss Black

This shot is awesome, it really hit the metallic:

Here's Big C inside the car while it was running... I guess seats would probably help a bit

TO BE CONTINUED.......

Steve P.

I agree on the horns being off. I'm glad it wasn't just me, only I bet it would have been better for Jeff.....  :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Don't you worry, they'll be right again  :icon_smile_big:

I know how much y'all love the GL and it's horn!!

There's a guy around here with a GL. everywhere he goes he's laying on the horn. Everyone always wants to choke him. It's VERY annoying. 

mikepmcs

Holy Sh$#balls! The phone didn't do it justice and blew the speaker anyways.  Just put the computer surround on and it sounded like the car was in my house.  I agree, sounds like a drag car.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

When I come down next week or the week after, I'll bring my other horn from the wreck, It's most likely still good but I put a new one on anyway.  We can do a little swappage and see if that in fact is the issue.  If it is, then problem solved.  :icon_smile_big:

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MoparManJim

Steve P.

That's nothing. The guy across the street from me has a dodge 1/2 ton with bull balls hanging under it. GL horns under the hood and an alarm system. Every time he sets the alarm in his driveway we all get to here DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA--DA.... Two houses over the guy that owns the house was telling me he was about to have a party over the weekend and his buddy has train horns.. He fixed the jerks ass good. The jerk came home from work and shut off his truck and locked it up with the damn alarm. DA_DA_DA etc. The buddy of my other neighbor drove his car in front of the jerks house and just LAID on the train horn for about 30 seconds. The jerk came out screaming and the rest of the neighborhood was out there saying: (IT SOUNDS BETTER THAN THAT PILE OF SHIT OF YOURS).   Of course most of us knew it was coming and the plan was set.   No more DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA__DA.....     :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BIRD67

Quote from: Steve P. on July 18, 2009, 05:00:29 PM
That's nothing. The guy across the street from me has a dodge 1/2 ton with bull balls hanging under it. GL horns under the hood and an alarm system. Every time he sets the alarm in his driveway we all get to here DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA--DA.... Two houses over the guy that owns the house was telling me he was about to have a party over the weekend and his buddy has train horns.. He fixed the jerks ass good. The jerk came home from work and shut off his truck and locked it up with the damn alarm. DA_DA_DA etc. The buddy of my other neighbor drove his car in front of the jerks house and just LAID on the train horn for about 30 seconds. The jerk came out screaming and the rest of the neighborhood was out there saying: (IT SOUNDS BETTER THAN THAT PILE OF SHIT OF YOURS).   Of course most of us knew it was coming and the plan was set.   No more DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA_DA__DA.....     :smilielol:
:smilielol: You must love where you live! :smilielol:
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

jb666

:rofl: Hahahahaha I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! My train horns were also on my key fob. Now THAT was fun!!!!

TA70455

jb666

Quote from: TA70455 on July 18, 2009, 06:03:58 PM
yeah even a 1/4 mile away at a car show, right jeff LOL

That's right!! I forgot about that.. 1/4 mile away with a cop standing right in front of my truck directing traffic.. Oops... Imagine that sound coming from the General???

chargergirl

HE is coming together well and now you have quality folks working on your baby. Good for you and you have to be tripping to be driving instead of looking. Want those burn out pics when you get to drive HIM! Awesome work!
Trust your Woobie!

jaak

Looking great jb666! boy you can really see the metallic in the pics of the marker housings.

Cant wait to see it finished,
Jason

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on July 19, 2009, 02:29:16 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 18, 2009, 11:06:20 PM
This'll get the job done for ya:

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=nathan-airchime-k5-k5la-train-horn

156 Decibels  :2thumbs:
That would be so cool but $1500  :-\

That's too much.. The train horn kits I use come directly from the company that makes them for Amtrak. The entire kit (compressor,tank and horns) cost me around $400 and if you were to close your eyes you wouldn't know if I was the real deal or not.. It goes right through you.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

skip68

Sorry to be the one to tell you this Jeff, but,....  one of the V.I.N.'s from your car came back to a guy in Utah and he want's his car back.    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TA70455

I can stand behind that,  he used to go by my work daily and scare the crap outta my boss while he was in the building LOL, got me once or twice too  LOL

jb666

Quote from: TA70455 on July 19, 2009, 06:12:49 PM
I can stand behind that,  he used to go by my work daily and scare the crap outta my boss while he was in the building LOL, got me once or twice too  LOL

You have no idea how much I looked forward to that.. I'm amazed I didn't have the police sitting waiting for me there.. Imagine that sound coming from the GL???

The70RT

Quote from: jb666 on July 19, 2009, 07:54:43 PM
Quote from: TA70455 on July 19, 2009, 06:12:49 PM

You have no idea how much I looked forward to that.. I'm amazed I didn't have the police sitting waiting for me there.. Imagine that sound coming from the GL???

Your car will stand out so you will probably get the looks. I know a guy that has one and when he blasts it around a bunch of vehicles everyone craps then wonder who it was....especially if you start looking everywhere too  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: jb666 on July 19, 2009, 02:33:00 PM
Quote from: The70RT on July 19, 2009, 02:29:16 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 18, 2009, 11:06:20 PM
This'll get the job done for ya:

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=nathan-airchime-k5-k5la-train-horn

156 Decibels  :2thumbs:
That would be so cool but $1500  :-\

That's too much.. The train horn kits I use come directly from the company that makes them for Amtrak. The entire kit (compressor,tank and horns) cost me around $400 and if you were to close your eyes you wouldn't know if I was the real deal or not.. It goes right through you.

Yeah, It's a lot. The same company whose website I posted has Train horn kits starting in the $300-$400 range, too.

The $1500 one I posted a picture of is simply their Doomsday Machine.  :2thumbs:

dodgecharger-fan

Are there enough notes there to play Dixie? 

:lol: That'd be hilarious - but then everyone would have a good idea where it came from.

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.