News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

jb666

Well, another good week... Lots of progress talk (with me on the phone) and things in motion... I'll be there on Saturday morning to do my normal arrangement of photos, but this thing is really coming together now... I've even gotten so far as to change my (work) desktop picture to the freshly painted roof of the GL.. Talk about torture... SMP!!!  :slap:

RamchargerMopar

I was there late Sunday but had to be back in Maine on Monday. Maybe next time I will be around long enough to swing by the shop.
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Hey Frank, your time must be getting closer, too! I'm sure I'll be seeing you there sooner than later!!

RamchargerMopar, let me know the next time you're in town, we'll connect and check it out.  :cheers:

Looking forward to my trip Saturday, from what I hear there's been quite a bit done this week  :drool5:

The more and more I read about you guys doing all of this stuff yourselves, the more I admire those of you that CAN do it. I'd experiment if the car meant nothing to me, but to do it on a car I consider my dream car just isn't imaginable..  But like I said, it's given me a whole new admiration to those of you that can restore one of these bad boys using your own two hands  :cheers: :cheers:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: FLG on July 20, 2009, 04:20:08 PM
LMAO!!!!

Imagine the Dixie horn that loud??

:shruggy: Got a stupid Question, what does LMAO mean :shruggy: I've seen it a million times & have no clue, cant figure it out & it's bugging me. Really quit irritating :brickwall:

Back to your regular conversations.   LEON.

FLG

Shhh, lets not tell hemi!!

J/K

Very simply lingo.

LMAO = Laughing my a$$ off

ROFLMAO = Rolling on floor laughing my a$$ off

:2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

MoparManJim

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 22, 2009, 06:57:15 PM
Why not the old stand by LOL instead :scratchchin: :shruggy:  LEON.

Kids now days don't know how to use the old stand by!  :smilielol:

mikepmcs

Well geez let's even go some more here.  the new LOL is now back to haha or XD.(kind of like a scrunched up face if you look at it sideways) THen of course there is always the ROTF, ROTFL. ROFL, ROFLMAO, ROFLMFAO, ROTFLMAO, ROTFLMFAO as stated above. All have a letter or 2 that is different but they all mean the same old thing, but I prefer the emoticons myself.   ;) :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_big: ;D :yesnod: :icon_smile_tongue: :laugh: :coolgleamA: :P :rofl: :hah: :D :smilielol: :lol: :nana:

:cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Oh man, Chuck's gonna be loving this one, aren't ya Chuck? SMP.

Anyways, what was this thread about??  :slap:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on July 22, 2009, 08:25:24 PM
Oh man, Chuck's gonna be loving this one, aren't ya Chuck? SMP.

Anyways, what was this thread about??  :slap:

YOU! and your CAR!  :D :lol:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

jb666

Well, getting back on subject, I just got back from the shop. MikePMCS came down again to check the car out and bring a couple of parts out that I need to ship (see stickie thread above). He's once again proven there are great people out there. Always a pleasure , Mike, you are a class act  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Anyways, my front valance is on/installed. The front headlight assembly is finished, painted and installed (and looks like a brand new pc!!!). The car is 1/2 wetsanded on it's way to being buffed to a mirror finish.

There were a couple of cool cars there, too!! I'll have plenty of pictures up in a bit.

jb666

Ok, just a few random shots for you to look at...  The lower valance is cool. Orange on the outside and Black on the inside.. This way when you pop the hood (or look through the grille) everything is Black, not Orange.

Check this out.. The guys did this back in 1996. It's a multiple show winning STREET car:

mikepmcs

Thanks for letting me hang out with you and Big C. Car is fantastic!!Big C's the man. His new tat is awesome too, great color! ok, i'm gonna wreck, I thought 95 was the speed limit, my bad.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 25, 2009, 02:55:37 PM
Thanks for letting me hang out with you and Big C. Car is fantastic!!Big C's the man. His new tat is awesome too, great color! ok, i'm gonna wreck, I thought 95 was the speed limit, my bad.

:rofl: Focus on the road you mad man!!

I forgot, and I'm sure Mike will elaborate on this a bit, but we saw some pretty cool drag cars today too.. Some days, when I think a lot of $$ has been put into this car, I see stuff like that and I realize I've got next to NOTHING into my car...  :o

jb666

BTW, took another quick video while I was there.. It's funny, but when this thing's running the entire car shakes.. It shook the trunk lid all the way open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va0uS9_Djas

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on July 26, 2009, 12:21:19 PM
BTW, took another quick video while I was there.. It's funny, but when this thing's running the entire car shakes.. It shook the trunk lid all the way open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va0uS9_Djas

Heck, my 318 charger did the same thing when it was running setting still with the deck lid up. The lid is on pop open arms also that criss cross and they also has presure on them so any slight shake or movement of the car, they will pop the trunk lid all the open.

jb666

:lol: It was a joke.. If you'll notice, the lid was already 3/4 up.. A stiff breeze would have put it up the rest of the way..

I was just saying the car shakes like nothing I've ever felt when it's running.. Pretty cool.

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on July 26, 2009, 01:35:39 PM
:lol: It was a joke.. If you'll notice, the lid was already 3/4 up.. A stiff breeze would have put it up the rest of the way..

I was just saying the car shakes like nothing I've ever felt when it's running.. Pretty cool.

I notice that, even before I said anything. I had mine one day when I pop it open come up an wrap me right in the jaw  :icon_smile_blackeye: :hah: and yes I did see stars, and lightin going on and it was a nice and clear day! :smilielol: 

Those deck lids on a jaw doesn't feel good, matter of fact, skin vc deck lid.. deck lid always win. And it always leaves you with a pain in the jaw  :smilielol: 

Tilar

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 22, 2009, 06:15:46 PM
Quote from: FLG on July 20, 2009, 04:20:08 PM
LMAO!!!!

Imagine the Dixie horn that loud??

:shruggy: Got a stupid Question, what does LMAO mean :shruggy: I've seen it a million times & have no clue, cant figure it out & it's bugging me. Really quit irritating :brickwall:

:D
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

hemi-hampton