News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

Quote from: skip68 on August 02, 2009, 10:15:46 PM
:scratchchin:   If you're having trouble with the wife Jeff, I may be able to help you.    :coolgleamA:

You can't handle the one you've got, Chuck, what would you do with mine??

:lolexplode:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ChgrSteve67

I don't know if this has been asked sorry if I missed it somewhere.

I don't see the two flags behind the rear window that I see on a lot of GLs

Reason?

GL is looking awesome. Would love to see it in person some day.
Got any plans of going to the 45th in 2011?

Steve

ChgrSteve67

A buddy of mine sent this to me and I though you might like it.

jb666

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 04, 2009, 09:39:53 PM
I don't know if this has been asked sorry if I missed it somewhere.

I don't see the two flags behind the rear window that I see on a lot of GLs

Reason?

GL is looking awesome. Would love to see it in person some day.
Got any plans of going to the 45th in 2011?

Steve

Steve -- I don't have a REAL reason that I didn't want those on except that I don't really like them.. That, and they were only used in a couple of episodes.. It was just something that never appealed to me..   :lol:

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 05, 2009, 08:48:37 PM
A buddy of mine sent this to me and I though you might like it.

Ya know, I might want to hire them to drive to Houston.

alcusswhen

Quote from: CB on November 15, 2008, 12:52:58 PM
:o Damn, I feel sorry for you man!
CB
The kind of work BK did is the very reason I learned to do everything myself I even make my own set covers.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

jb666

Those look very nice!!!!!!!!!  I only wish I had the time , tools, skills & materials to do this kind of work.. Most of this stuff comes from years of perfection, not experimentation.. I think BK was full of the "experimental" people.. Which was the case about 100 pages ago when we had a picture of an 11 year old kid welding in shorts in a back seat.

jb666

Well, I just got a GREAT PHONE CALL!

THE GENERAL IS ALL WET SANDED, BUFFED & POLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really siked for this weekend's visit because Big C told me that the car looks amazing all done. Now it's time to finish putting everything back together!!

I guess the Black (rear taillight panel) might be painted tomorrow, so that'll really set the car into "finished" mode... But I'm pumped either way.

Lots o' pictures coming up, guys  :cheers: :cheers:

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

mopar73

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

General_01

:woohoo:

Sounds great Jeff. Can't wait to see the pics. :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

I wonder what we will all do on Saturdays when we won't have progress pics to look forward to. :smilielol:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on August 07, 2009, 09:58:17 AM

I wonder what we will all do on Saturdays when we won't have progress pics to look forward to. :smilielol:

I know I will have a huge hole in my weekends when this car is done  :lol: , this has been going on for almost a year.. Visiting the car every Saturday!!

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on August 07, 2009, 01:27:08 PM
Quote from: General_01 on August 07, 2009, 09:58:17 AM

I know I will have a huge hole in my weekends when this car is done  :lol: , this has been going on for almost a year.. Visiting the car every Saturday!!
hope you get it done soon for your sanity and your wallet .  :D   you can spend the saturday time driving it and still update us with scenic car pictures .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

Guys --- One last item (I HOPE) that I am actively seeking.

Does anyone here have a clean (or something with REPAIRABLE dings) rear chrome window trim??  Mine really is a mess, and out of all of the trim, this is the only pc that couldn't be salvaged.

:popcrn:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jb666 on August 07, 2009, 03:27:45 PM

Does anyone here have a clean (or something with REPAIRABLE dings) rear chrome window trim??  Mine really is a mess, and out of all of the trim, this is the only pc that couldn't be salvaged.

New repro sets are available.....whats another $250?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-69-70-Charger-R-t-SE-General-lee-Stainless-rear-trim_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem1c0b93f69bQQitemZ120453330587QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 07, 2009, 03:34:23 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 07, 2009, 03:27:45 PM

New repro sets are available.....whats another $250?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-69-70-Charger-R-t-SE-General-lee-Stainless-rear-trim_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem1c0b93f69bQQitemZ120453330587QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I just contacted him... But his ad threw me off.. Is it a repop or is it OEM??

New stainless steel REAR WINDOW (EXTERIOR) trim Authentic mopar authorized part Not a cheap repop Buy with confidence

Has anyone bought from this guy before?? if so, I'll buy it.. He's local, so I'll have it early next week.

Tilar

That's not a bad price if it is quality stuff. I think the last couple sets of trim that had been restored and sold on Ebay went for close to $500 a set.  If it's a quyality product that will make my wait worth while.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

I agree, that's a great price.. When I told the shop about that deal they were surprised  :2thumbs:

Year One sells the set for $350 and is 3 weeks out.

TA70455

I am not a big Y1 fan they are overpriced and a lot of the parts are not correct, they are what works. at least in the GM world

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TA70455 on August 07, 2009, 07:50:34 PM
I am not a big Y1 fan they are overpriced and a lot of the parts are not correct, they are what works. at least in the GM world

Hmm, I thought maybe they treated youz guyz better.........Yeah they are my last resort when I need parts.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 07, 2009, 08:08:32 PM
Quote from: TA70455 on August 07, 2009, 07:50:34 PM

Hmm, I thought maybe they treated youz guyz better.........Yeah they are my last resort when I need parts.

year one sells a killer mullet baseball cap. Chris has 22 of them. He also bought his new Billy Squier 8 track from them.

jb666

Blown70

Quote from: jb666 on August 08, 2009, 08:46:32 AM
Here's a quick teaser video taken on the iPhone. Just leaving the shop now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhY2bse1zs

UMM some back ground sound like a RUNNING HEMI would be nice!!!   :scratchchin: :D :shruggy:  Just saying....

THANKS AND LOOKS GREAT!! :2thumbs: :drool5:

jb666

Click the link in my sig you'll hear last weeks hemi running video :)

EDIT --- Resizing some pictures now  :cheers: