News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Your looking for the plastic drip shields that clip inside next to rear 1/4 windows right? They are just black flat plastic that fit in the rear corner of the glass slot. I have seen them on eBay and can send you a shot of one if it will help later tonight.

jb666

Quote from: b5blue on August 15, 2009, 09:18:52 AM
Your looking for the plastic drip shields that clip inside next to rear 1/4 windows right? They are just black flat plastic that fit in the rear corner of the glass slot. I have seen them on eBay and can send you a shot of one if it will help later tonight.

Thank you for your help.

I'm actually looking for the pcs that go up against the FRONT of the windows against the corner triangle/vent windows, not the rear quarter windows  :cheers: :cheers:

SFRT

Quote from: Green71R/T on August 14, 2009, 10:03:05 PM
My local supplier Classic Performance had them on the shelf.My invoice describes them as fd32230 various mopar glass channel with strip.They fit A,B.and C body.A bit pricy @ $161 canadian for both doors.

yep thats them. only on eplace makes them and without them your windows will rattle and whistle at speed. I just bought a pair ...from some weird mplace in minnesota. 150 bucks. never ever see them on ebay.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blown70

Quote from: SFRT on August 15, 2009, 10:47:58 AM
Quote from: Green71R/T on August 14, 2009, 10:03:05 PM
My local supplier Classic Performance had them on the shelf.My invoice describes them as fd32230 various mopar glass channel with strip.They fit A,B.and C body.A bit pricy @ $161 canadian for both doors.

yep thats them. only on eplace makes them and without them your windows will rattle and whistle at speed. I just bought a pair ...from some weird mplace in minnesota. 150 bucks. never ever see them on ebay.

There are a lot of weird places in minnesota........ :D :shruggy:

jb666

Ok , I took a bunch of pictures yesterday, and I just got home.. I'll get them up in a little bit.. But first, I wanted to show you this... A "freshly restored" Lincoln Continental arrived at the shop the other day. This "high dollar restoration" also had many corners cut...

But check this out. This absolutely takes the cake. I'd swear this came from a shop in Texas if I didn't know better  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Check out the spelling  :smilielol:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

And then, take one slightly modified "wheelie bike":

Add one extremely talented (yet slightly touched) mad man, and you have an afternoon of fun in the 100 degree sun!!

I'll be back with some real pics soon.  :popcrn:

jb666

Ok, so here we are again.. Another week, another visit. This week was a good one. My trim's been restored & polished, the roll bar's been sanded/painted, and quite a bit of other things have been assembled, as you can see.

First, the headlights.. I had mentioned earlier that BK painted the assembly (you'll love this) and "adjusted" them with the help of a pack of smokes...

Can't forget the blob of Bondo to hold the pack in place...

Nice spring/assembly with this setup, too.

It's funny, but they obviously painted these with a brush and while they were on the car. It's all soaked on and running down the back side..

Each will be blasted and painted the correct color.

And here are the (disintegrated) window channels too...

TO BE CONTINUED...

jb666

On to the car itself.. The rear end is almost done. Backup lights installed (after some clean up work on them). Bumper on, rear chrome trim on and the final step, the tail lights, will be in this week. The entire "body gasket" kit will arrive at the shop tomorrow. All new seals will be in place for anything being bolted to the car..

Driver's side trim was on the car.. Passenger's side was all polished/finished but not installed yet.

Excuse the hand prints all over the bar, I had just finished putting my paws all over them. Keep one thing in mind here. This car, much like the GL from DOH, will have padding covering it. I could have had the bar done many ways, but I really wanted to keep the bar looking like it should, to match the car, so it'll be covered from top to bottom. (It'll also make my life a bit easier when I get in and out and am slamming every body part against it). You know what they say, better safe than Sorry...

Dash pad refinished, vin tag restored and clips in place waiting for windshield to be installed

The front "driving lights" were funny. One screw holding each one in , and it was a sheetrock screw. Another sign of a great job... And I loved the shattered CLEAR bulbs inside the housings...

The blasting dust can still be seen in there.. pre-bar paint they tried to get what they could from falling (under the dash), because they re-installed my heater assembly after.. Hopefully this is the end of the Sand, but I doubt it.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

jb666

On to the interior pcs... IMO, they came out awesome. I'm VERY happy with them. I wish I took some good PRE-SHOTS of them, because you'd laugh, but I think you can imagine what shape they were in since BK re-covered these themselves.. What blows my mind is they charged Brian $500 for the "purchase and install of headrests". All they did was put the chrome trim on the top of the seat and JAM the posts through the foam. Nice job!!!

They are all 100% fixed/working now. The lady that did this work is incredible, reasonable and fast!!

These had to be replaced. They were torn, slit and trashed. They could not be saved...

Let me just say this... When you "install seat covers/foam", you DO NOT USE a stapler that you'd use on 3 sheets of paper. They just don't hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the wheels are back, to be installed!!!! This, to me, will be exciting.. Seeing those back on the car it'll make it really jump out...

And here's a random shot of the big Lincoln (that these guys DID NOT build)

And my final glimpse of the day...

Just 6T9 CHGR

QuoteThe front "driving lights" were funny. One screw holding each one in , and it was a sheetrock screw. Another sign of a great job... And I loved the AMBER bulbs inside the housings...

Looks great.....

PS---amber bulbs are supposed to be in the front parking light housings  (1157 A)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 16, 2009, 02:21:40 PM
QuoteThe front "driving lights" were funny. One screw holding each one in , and it was a sheetrock screw. Another sign of a great job... And I loved the AMBER bulbs inside the housings...

Looks great.....

PS---amber bulbs are supposed to be in the front parking light housings  (1157 A)

No -- These were shattered bulbs semi welded into place.. Took some time to get them out and cleaned up so the new bulbs could be put in.

Thanks for checking out the pics though -- It's getting so close I can taste it (maybe that's the left over Bondo that I can taste, but what ever!!)
:cheers:

autodynamics

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on August 16, 2009, 02:44:20 PM
how u plan on fixing those window channels?

I bought replacements. Year One and several others sell them.. Ran about $130 for the pair.

autodynamics

really!!! could you send me a link..... i need to look into this.. Pete .................................thanks

jb666

jb666

It's funny, but even looking back at Bangshift's last update, the car has come so far!!! Then I went back and looked at all 3 of his articles.. Wow!!

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/The-Hack-Job-General-Lee-Update-Light-at-the-End-of-the-Tunnel.html

mikepmcs

The cig pack makes sense.  They were Marlboro "LIGHTS" right?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Great pictures and unless that BMW has a chevy/mopar power plant let's move it on out of there.  :icon_smile_big:

Car is looking awesome, love the tag, noticed th bar is painted and where can I get me one of them CONTINE"TN"ALS  ;D
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 16, 2009, 03:57:18 PM
Great pictures and unless that BMW has a chevy/mopar power plant let's move it on out of there.  :icon_smile_big:

Car is looking awesome, love the tag, noticed th bar is painted and where can I get me one of them CONTINE"TN"ALS  ;D

It's got a blown big block stuffed under the hood.

Ok, ok ok.. Fine, it's bone stock and is nothing to look at.. I even said that yesterday "Last week I was buried in by all sorts of custom hot rods, this week I'm blocked in by a Beemer??".  :lol:

The tag came out great!! Considering before, it was missing the logo and was the wrong color.

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on August 17, 2009, 11:02:41 AM
JB, what's up with the changing license plates?

:shruggy:

:lol: You noticed!!

Well, my new plates arrived a couple of months ago... The "GNR LEE" plate was expired (I didn't like it), and the HEMI GL plate went on 1/2 way through my visit (when I remembered I had it). It's funny, because in the pictures they plates are glowing, like I made them stand out.. Just the way the light caught them.

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on August 17, 2009, 12:23:16 PM
Quote from: teamroth on August 17, 2009, 11:02:41 AM
JB, what's up with the changing license plates?

:shruggy:

:lol: You noticed!!

Well, my new plates arrived a couple of months ago... The "GNR LEE" plate was expired (I didn't like it), and the HEMI GL plate went on 1/2 way through my visit (when I remembered I had it). It's funny, because in the pictures they plates are glowing, like I made them stand out.. Just the way the light caught them.
Ha! Yeah I noticed, I thought you were mindfreaking all of us. I had to look twice. Car looks awesome bro, so happy for you!
:cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Thank you, I appreciate it. You have no idea what my level of excitement is at. The day is FINALLY coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!