News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar73

Noticed the plates also.  You had me wondering for a moment

jb666

Quote from: mopar73 on August 17, 2009, 08:15:33 PM
Noticed the plates also.  You had me wondering for a moment

I actually didn't put any thought into it when I was taking pictures in between the plate swap.. Then someone PM'd me and asked if it was a joke... Joke's on me  :lol:

BigBlockSam

your car is looking great! i can't wait to see it doing a burnout down the road . :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

jb666

Quote from: oestermarken on August 12, 2009, 03:48:07 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 12, 2009, 01:48:20 PM
Ok, I need some help from you guys that have done your headliners.

Towards the rear/sail panels there appears to have been cardboard under the liner. In mine, there isn't. It was glued up. There are holes with a couple of clips in them but not attached to anything.

Any insight would be helpful -- I'm just curious if (as usual) something is missing.

Legendary sells them, $18

https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/catcatalog/dtl_allcatalog2.aspx?class=SB&year=69&desc=charger

/Brian

Ok, I'm being told by Legendary that they are 2-3 weeks out on shipping this item. YearOne buys from Legendary, so same story there.. Does anyone here happen to have a pair of these kicking around that I could buy???

Found'em from Junkman on EBay. Not sure why I didn't ask him first, he seems to have a lot of the hard to find items...

Now I just need for the stuff I ordered LAST WEEK to show up.. :brickwall: because of that fact I've caused a CEASE FIRE on any work on my car. I figured these "power sellers" would ship pretty quickly, especially since they are local. Think again.

jb666

Well, I got some good news, finally.. Parts should be arriving at the shop today..  It's funny how this reminds me of building a house.. You see the walls up, the roof on, the windows in and you think "Great, I'll be moving in very soon!". WRONG. The finish work can be a killer, too.. There are so many little things to putting this back together correctly that weren't there to begin with.

The only thing I have to say (again) is how grateful I am to have Mopar guys doing this work, because another shop wouldn't know what "belongs" in different places...

The other thing that sucks is now that it's painted and looking so nice, we can't just re-use all of the CRAP that came off the car. All of the trim, molding, seals, plugs, etc.. have to be replaced.

I tell ya, I CAN NOT WAIT for this to be over!!!!!!! Next time I mention that I'm going to buy a car, someone come to my house and put a bullet in my head, it'll be easier in the long run!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: jb666 on August 20, 2009, 11:37:26 AM
Next time I mention that I'm going to buy a car, someone come to my house and put a bullet in my head, it'll be easier in the long run!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

And miss out on all of this?

No way man, I think you should get a knight rider car next.
Can't wait to see the dash work and camera problems.

jb666

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 20, 2009, 03:58:14 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 20, 2009, 11:37:26 AM
Next time I mention that I'm going to buy a car, someone come to my house and put a bullet in my head, it'll be easier in the long run!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

And miss out on all of this?

No way man, I think you should get a knight rider car next.
Can't wait to see the dash work and camera problems.

:lol: Gee, THANKS!!! I'm glad my sanity went to a good cause -- The forum's entertainment!!

I got a call from the shop today that shocked the Hell out of me... I didn't expect ANYTHING to be done on the car this week. It's been brutally hot, and my EBay parts haven't come.. But...

Wheel wells undercoated. Springs cleaned up/painted, sway bars painted (loads of BK overspray, or in this case UNDERspray). Wheels are back on. Passenger side chrome/trim's been polished installed. Both door vent windows/chrome have been polished and installed (and I'm told the driver's door was so jury rigged it's another laughable matter). 

So all in all it sounds like the car's come a long way this week, much to my surprise.  Plus, some of my EBay parts started rolling in, which is great...  :cheers:

d/ur/t

Quote from: jb666 on August 16, 2009, 01:57:29 PM
On to the car itself.. The rear end is almost done. Backup lights installed (after some clean up work on them). Bumper on, rear chrome trim on and the final step, the tail lights, will be in this week. The entire "body gasket" kit will arrive at the shop tomorrow. All new seals will be in place for anything being bolted to the car..

Driver's side trim was on the car.. Passenger's side was all polished/finished but not installed yet.

Excuse the hand prints all over the bar, I had just finished putting my paws all over them. Keep one thing in mind here. This car, much like the GL from DOH, will have padding covering it. I could have had the bar done many ways, but I really wanted to keep the bar looking like it should, to match the car, so it'll be covered from top to bottom. (It'll also make my life a bit easier when I get in and out and am slamming every body part against it). You know what they say, better safe than Sorry...

Dash pad refinished, vin tag restored and clips in place waiting for windshield to be installed

The front "driving lights" were funny. One screw holding each one in , and it was a sheetrock screw. Another sign of a great job... And I loved the shattered CLEAR bulbs inside the housings...

The blasting dust can still be seen in there.. pre-bar paint they tried to get what they could from falling (under the dash), because they re-installed my heater assembly after.. Hopefully this is the end of the Sand, but I doubt it.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

that colour looks awesome in H O I was so close to painting my car that colour  I could taste it in the end I bought the FK5 burnt orange so I wouldn't change my mind.Even thought of mixing the two to get that H O gleam in the sunlight.In the meantime I'll have to be content waiting to see the FK5 come off the gun.You sure are lucky old mate.

jb666

Thank you for the compliments, I appreciate it! :cheers:

First, I just got back from the shop. I'm all smiles ear to ear with what I saw.. The car is absolutely stunning in person. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. These guys are freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, enough of that. First, I wanted to show you something though.  You'll never see this anywhere else. It's the WORLD'S FIRST GENERAL LEE, around LONG BEFORE the first '69 Charger ever did it's famous jump...

No, sorry guys, it's not for sale, and no, BK did not build it (so it's driveable).

Here's a quick walk around-video, but let me tell you first what I showed up to see this weekend...... Chrome trim restored/installed. Grille (which was already restored) is installed. Headlight assembly completely refinished/installed. Wheels on. Wheel wells completely finished/undercoated. Sway bars and springs have been painted, and the entire undercarriage has been finished (looks like it did the way it rolled off the assembly line in '69 except for the addition of the subframe connectors). 

So the car changed A LOT this week!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JggX4ZoxALA

jb666

And we're off.......

First, I wanted to show you something. The front passenger's door/vent window. HOW DID BK GET ORANGE ALL OVER THIS if they took the car apart to paint it?? And why would they invoice Brian to "custom make hing pin" when you can buy OEM window assemblies cheap on EBay (Got my clean OEM replacement for under $50!!). These are questions that may never be answered, but we can chalk another one up to the greatest hack job known to man.

Adn I know you'll all wish you could create custom things like this (and charge for it!!!!!!!!)

TO BE CONTINUED....

jb666

Enough small talk, on to the shots of the car.

If you look close towards the front of the car you can see the flake (no, not my reflection)

My first shot of the "new" grille in place.

TO BE CONTINUED......

Steve P.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookin gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood................   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

No more Orange overspray  :lol:

Nice clean wheel wells!!!!

My "picture of the day"

TO BE CONTINUED...

jb666

Still buried in the back, but at least the BMW's gone!!

The next work-of-art in it's beginning stages...

And my last shot. The flash didn't go off, and it ended up being one of my favorite shots!!

That's all, folks!!!

Back N Black

The70RT

Lookin great Jeff :boogie: You can tell the shop kicks some ass when you see cars coming in left and right and you also get lots of progress.  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MoparManJim

General_01

Looking at your pics is making muiss my General a little bit. It looks great Jeff. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

alcusswhen

:shruggy: Are you sure you want to leave the hood compartment Chevy black after all the money you've spent?
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: alcusswhen on August 22, 2009, 08:19:26 PM
:shruggy: Are you sure you want to leave the hood compartment Chevy black after all the money you've spent?

:rofl: :rofl: Don't  you worry, it won't be Black for long, but I want to use the car for the rest of the season.. At the end of the season/winter the motor will be pulled and the engine compartment will be completely redone..

HAD I KNOWN the job was going to be this involved the engine bay would be done already but those USELESS bars under the hood have to come out, so it's not a quick project.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: The70RT on August 22, 2009, 04:55:46 PM
Lookin great Jeff :boogie: You can tell the shop kicks some ass when you see cars coming in left and right and you also get lots of progress.  :2thumbs:

You are absolutely right. I have seen so many cars come and go from this shop, and they were all equally as cool. This shop is like the ultimate dream job (for someone with skill LOL!!).

Quote from: General_01 on August 22, 2009, 07:38:55 PM
Looking at your pics is making muiss my General a little bit. It looks great Jeff. :2thumbs:

Don't feel bad, I miss mine too  :lol:

Quote from: Back N Black on August 22, 2009, 03:56:05 PM
Man! she is looking good.  :2thumbs:

Waiting for anyone to get "offended" that you called The General a she  :lol: :popcrn:

General_01

I think he is yanking the motor later and will deal with the engine bay then.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on August 22, 2009, 08:34:30 PM

Indeed that is the plan. I want to see how this motor performs for me this year before deciding what to do. It'll either be yanked and left along for the sake of doing the engine bay, or Jon will get it back and will work his magic on it.  Either way, this engine bay won't look anything like this next year..

alcusswhen

Quote from: jb666 on August 22, 2009, 08:39:41 PM
Quote from: General_01 on August 22, 2009, 08:34:30 PM

Indeed that is the plan. I want to see how this motor performs for me this year before deciding what to do. It'll either be yanked and left along for the sake of doing the engine bay, or Jon will get it back and will work his magic on it.  Either way, this engine bay won't look anything like this next year..

Glad to know that it does my heart good. Mopars with black engine bays, the terms Chally and Bevy make me sick if a person wants a Chevy they should buy one, but they should not disgrace the greatness of mopars with the letter Y.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us