News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

I know what you mean. I always put my keys from on my side to in my pocket when i walk around the shop or shows. Never touch and never lean.  :2thumbs:

Though you do have a general, so remember kids and even adults will want to play and touch.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on August 26, 2009, 08:06:19 AM
I know what you mean. I always put my keys from on my side to in my pocket when i walk around the shop or shows. Never touch and never lean.  :2thumbs:

Though you do have a general, so remember kids and even adults will want to play and touch.

Yeah, they had a guy come in the shop last week to return a pc of equipment. Apparently his path was near my car.. They stopped him really quickly  :2guns:

ChgrSteve67

I was at a car show and saw a guy pick his 3 or 4 year old kid up and stand him on the front fender of a show car so he could back up and take a picture.

I could not believe my eyes, I was speachless.

The owner of the car never saw it.

This year while i was at a MOPAR Day in the park a gentleman and his two sons (early teenagers) walked up to my car and one of the sons set his soda pop can on the fender of my car. The father imediately told him to get that off the car, turned around and saw me and promptly told his son to get his ass over to me, apoligise and ask for something to clean the fender of my car with.  The kid was imbarased, apoligised and cleaned the water the pop can left on my car.  I thanked the father for watching out and respecting mine and others cars at the show.

I would be suprsed if the kid will ever do that again.  

If I had done that growing up my father would have laid beat down on me and then made me clean the entire car.

moparstuart

the nerve of some people  :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

:lol: You guys crack me up...

My Vette tends to get a lot of attention at the shows because of the audio/video/paint mods.. Funny thing is I've never had to ask anyone not to touch...

Even the kids.. No one touched it... (and yeah, I miss my truck...)

Now, with the General I'm SURE a ton of people (kids?) are going to be putting their paws all over it... I guess it's all personal preference. Some would freak out, some would say "Hop in, take a picture!".

I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to get in and have a pic, but I'd be in the FREAK OUT crowd if anyone put anything (including themselves) on my car.

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on August 26, 2009, 05:42:38 PM

I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to get in and have a pic, but I'd be in the FREAK OUT crowd if anyone put anything (including themselves) on my car.

Then I hate to say this, but you have the wrong car then, the General gets all kind of attention and folks wanting to look and touch it all the time and some folks wanting to slide in through the window like the Duke boys did on the show. Some even wants to do Lukes hood slide  :o across the hoods.

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 26, 2009, 06:33:46 PM

Then I hate to say this, but you have the wrong car then, the General gets all kind of attention and folks wanting to look and touch it all the time and some folks wanting to slide in through the window like the Duke boys did on the show. Some even wants to do Lukes hood slide  :o across the hoods.

Well then, I'll have to quote a song that's been out for a while... Let the bodies hit the floor.......

I couldn't imagine anyone being THAT ignorant.

Steve P.

Then I hate to say this, but you have the wrong car then, the General gets all kind of attention and folks wanting to look and touch it all the time and some folks wanting to slide in through the window like the Duke boys did on the show. Some even wants to do Lukes hood slide  :o across the hoods.

I've been to many mopar shows and seen many GL's at them. Never once have I seen ANYONE try something as stupid as to try to climb into anyone's car windows or slide across a hood. I believe most people that spend the money to go to shows know better and for the most part, even the free shows. A few well placed cards reading, (PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH), goes a long ways.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MoparManJim

Quote from: Steve P. on August 26, 2009, 06:45:52 PM

I've been to many mopar shows and seen many GL's at them. Never once have I seen ANYONE try something as stupid as to try to climb into anyone's car windows or slide across a hood. I believe most people that spend the money to go to shows know better and for the most part, even the free shows. A few well placed cards reading, (PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH), goes a long ways.

I had one family stop in, was looking at my car about 3 to 4 years ago now. The first thing the guy ask was "can I slide across the hood?" and I said "no" I don't mind climbing in through the windows at all. Heck I do it myself. I also came home one evening to find a group of kids (teenagers) had drop in and was waiting for me to see if it was okay for them to look at the car. then one night around 9:30 PM had a bronco (neighbors) stop in and the folks wanted to look at my car. 

If that happens with the car just setting, wonder about it out around town.  :lol: 

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on August 26, 2009, 06:45:52 PM

Ditto that.. I've by no means got the experience here that a lot of the veteran members have, but I've been attending car shows for 20+ years. I was taught at an early age NOT TO TOUCH SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR, period.  People spend years restoring a car to perfection, the last thing they need is some snot nosed punk coming up and slamming his drink down on the car and trying to climb in for his buddy to take a picture  :RantExplode:

I highly doubt this car will be leaving my site once I start to hit the shows with it.. 10' back, maybe, but not far off.

Go Hogs Go

I've had one GL and it got more attention that my 69 Charger, Viper GTS, & other various Mopar's I've owned COMBINED! I never had any problem with the car show crowd, but you really have to watch the common folk here in the foot hills of the Ozarks. I couldn't turn around without someone trying to shove their kid through the window, reaching in and honkin the dixie horn until the battery was low, running their hands all over the paint, sticking their heads inside the car with cigarettes blazing looking at the new interior, and wanting me to go give them a ride to the liquor store, outrun the law, and jump the closest creek. I was a nervous wreck when I drove the General anywhere. Boy I miss that car, totally worth it!  :icon_smile_wink:
Go Hogs!

jb666

Quote from: Go Hogs Go on August 27, 2009, 12:04:05 PM
I've had one GL and it got more attention that my 69 Charger, Viper GTS, & other various Mopar's I've owned COMBINED! I never had any problem with the car show crowd, but you really have to watch the common folk here in the foot hills of the Ozarks. I couldn't turn around without someone trying to shove their kid through the window, reaching in and honkin the dixie horn until the battery was low, running their hands all over the paint, sticking their heads inside the car with cigarettes blazing looking at the new interior, and wanting me to go give them a ride to the liquor store, outrun the law, and jump the closest creek. I was a nervous wreck when I drove the General anywhere. Boy I miss that car, totally worth it!  :icon_smile_wink:

:lol: Good ending!!

So I got word today that ALL of my (EBay) parts have arrived, thank God. And it made me realize that the extremely generous person who sent me a rear window trim kit (that I couldn't use) hadn't been sent back yet. If you're reading this, I apologize  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

Well, today's visit was another awesome one.. Not only did I get to see Frank's(FLG) car , which I ABSOLUTELY LOVED, but I got to see my car one step closer.. This thing is surreal to me. It is looking amazing. I'm actually getting NERVOUS now, it's getting so close to being finished... I've come to enjoy my Saturday General Lee visits!!!

Anyways, here's a video to get you going. I think you'll like the music a bit more this week. A bit more appropriate for the car. Pictures to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsj0Q-beu4o

jb666

Ok, Frank... This bud's for you... The possibilities are endless. Just imagine... If your car looked like this...

Then you, too, could have the admiration and desires of ALL your friends (and some people you may never meet!)

Now, don't rag on that guy, please.. He's got an awesome sense of humor and is a great person.. He did this as a joke  :lol:

I'll let Frank post any other pictures he wants to (just emailed them to him), but I have to say how much I admire him. He's got an old Charger, a lot on his plate, his whole future in front of him yet he knows exactly what he wants.  You are definitely a good kid with his head on straight. Keep up the good work, man  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

And we're off and running...

All of my seals arrived this week, so all marker lights, tail lights and handles are in.

On these shots, keep in mind there's no hood latch yet, so the hood IS NOT SECURED (in case you noticed the gap)

Can you tell how nice I think the nose came out??

TO BE CONTINUED.....

jb666

Another COOL RIDE in their shop this week!!

More of the master's work over at Tube Chassis Designz...

And the Hemi Dart clone in progress. Wheel well openings cut to spec.

That's all, folks!!

And just in case I buried it, don't forget to check out the video from today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsj0Q-beu4o

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on August 29, 2009, 02:49:17 PM
Awesome Jeff! ETA?

I'm not 100% certain, at this point. There are a couple of other small items I need to get to complete, but I know I'll be in for some cool Fall cruising.  :cheers: :cheers:

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Considering this was it not so long ago, I'd have to agree!!

:eek2:

Go Hogs Go

I'm excited for you man. :cheers: You deserve a couple victory laps this fall.
Go Hogs!

jb666

Quote from: Go Hogs Go on August 29, 2009, 03:09:53 PM
I'm excited for you man. :cheers: You deserve a couple victory laps this fall.

It's funny you'd say that. There's a very special photo shoot planned for when the car's done and it's being referred to as the "victory lap"!! 

RamchargerMopar

Ok I know the hood is not latched but why does it look like a big gap between the top of the grill and fender? I am a simpleton so forgive me for asking...
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on August 29, 2009, 03:17:24 PM
Ok I know the hood is not latched but why does it look like a big gap between the top of the grill and fender? I am a simpleton so forgive me for asking...
You actually aren't a simpleton. The top of the grille/support area still has to have some final adjustments, but the hood latch assembly hasn't arrived yet, so that'll be last.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Jeff do you have a '69 R/R tail light lined up?  The one in there is from a '70....just curious...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T