News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Thanks Chris. As you've seen, theres always someone who could do it better. Faster. Cleaner. Cheaper. Less repro parts. A different color.... Etc. I'm happier than Hell with THIS job exactly as it is.

captnsim

I gotta say Jeff...I think the panel alignment on your car look awesome in the pics!!! Nice clean transition lines from quarter, door, to fender. Nice even gap's on the hood, trunk, and doors. The front bumper is centered very well between the grill and valance....the push bar...roll bar...
It's just amazing...that's all I got to say. I'm still having a hard time believing it's the same car I saw months ago...It looks so good now.  
You can tell someone spent some time making it look right.  :2thumbs:

jb666

Thanks! I know it's a bit of a hike for you, but since you saw it at jons shop, in rough shape, I'd LOVE for you to see it now. I tell you what, if you come down I'll GIVE YOU one of the rear quarters from the car. I mean, that's gotta be worth it??? 

69bronzeT5

:bow: :drool5: :drool5: :bow:

I saw the pictures you posted on Facebook and had to come to the thread to see bigger versions :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 07, 2009, 08:52:45 PM
:bow: :drool5: :drool5: :bow:

I saw the pictures you posted on Facebook and had to come to the thread to see bigger versions :icon_smile_big:

Yeah, I post pictures there first, because I can upload pictures/video directly from my IPhone to my FB page, so you see it there first.. The video quality from the IPhone 3Gs is really good, considering!!

Today, THE GLASS IS GOING IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a huge step (to me) in the car being complete... I almost hate to admit it though, but once the car is done my Saturdays are going to have a huge void!! I might actually have to drive the car!! :nana:

ChgrSteve67

You will just end up spending your extra time polishing the General for car shows.

Then there will be all of the wasted time of collecting trophies.

Have you talked to your local news people yet about your story and unvailing the car to the public?

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on September 09, 2009, 12:23:57 PM
Today, THE GLASS IS GOING IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a huge step (to me) in the car being complete... I almost hate to admit it though, but once the car is done my Saturdays are going to have a huge void!! I might actually have to drive the car!! :nana:

:D well... isn't that the WHOLE idea? :smilielol:

c00nhunterjoe

oh man, those panels look like crap.......99.9999% alignment is horrible. i cant beleive you actually posted these pictures.... so hideous looking.............    :rofl: :smilielol: :lol:       :nana:

MoparManJim

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on September 09, 2009, 05:51:27 PM
oh man, those panels look like crap.......99.9999% alignment is horrible. i cant beleive you actually posted these pictures.... so hideous looking.............    :rofl: :smilielol: :lol:       :nana:

:D yea, I agree with you on that one bud  :smilielol:

jb666

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on September 09, 2009, 03:07:10 PM
You will just end up spending your extra time polishing the General for car shows.

Then there will be all of the wasted time of collecting trophies.

Have you talked to your local news people yet about your story and unvailing the car to the public?

Well, I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve, but news people.. Hmmm... That's a good idea, I will look into that ASAP!!!!  :popcrn:

I was kidding.. I'm really looking forward to driving the beast, finally!!!

captnsim

Quote from: jb666 on September 07, 2009, 08:39:36 PM
Thanks! I know it's a bit of a hike for you, but since you saw it at jons shop, in rough shape, I'd LOVE for you to see it now. I tell you what, if you come down I'll GIVE YOU one of the rear quarters from the car. I mean, that's gotta be worth it??? 

What are you trying to do...clean out the garage before winter?  :nana:
I'd love to come see the old boy, thanks for the invite. Things should start slowing down in a few weeks and I'll have a better idea of when I could make the trip.  :cheers:     

RamchargerMopar

I would love to have something off the General, If I had the time I would drive down for sure lol.
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on September 10, 2009, 10:40:24 AM
I would love to have something off the General, If I had the time I would drive down for sure lol.

Any time man. There's enough to go around, trust me there.. I'd send you home with a 1/2 of a rear 1/4 for your collection  :lol:

jb666

Ok guys --- I'm in search of a hard-to-find part... help me out here, please..

Inside the front fender there's a "splash shield". Not the one that's a rubber flap blocking crap from getting into the engine bay and NOT the shield that blocks crap from getting up near the headlights... But, if you're looking at the driver's front fender and turn your head to the right, it's the small vertical shield that keeps crap out of the door hinge area...

Does anyone know if these are available?? I have everything but those... :cheers:

Hard to tell if this is what I'm looking for, by the pic (since I haven't physically SEEN one of these)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120464930141&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Troy

Small? The one I'm thinking of goes from top to bottom just behind the wheel well. There's also a small one (5" tall?) at the front to keep stuff out of the valence. Both are available.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jb666

Quote from: Troy on September 10, 2009, 11:38:51 AM
Small? The one I'm thinking of goes from top to bottom just behind the wheel well. There's also a small one (5" tall?) at the front to keep stuff out of the valence. Both are available.

Troy

I'm not sure.. The opening is roughly 12" and you can reach in and touch your door hinges.. I've got the shields for the front already (and the holes going to the engine bay).

dodgecharger-fan

That ebay link shows the splash shields - they are big. AS Troy mentioned, they pretty much run from top to bottom behind the wheel opening..

jb666

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on September 10, 2009, 11:43:40 AM
That ebay link shows the splash shields - they are big. AS Troy mentioned, they pretty much run from top to bottom behind the wheel opening..

So are you saying those ARE the correct items in the EBay ad? I realize they are going to be large, but I can't tell by the image(or shape) if those are the right shields. I just don't want to end up with the wrong items... And it's not like these are $20 pcs.

Thanks  :cheers:

TylerCharger69

that pic on ebay motors is correct...it goes behind the wheel opening and it has a rubber piece going around it....which is kinda hard to see in the photo....that particular one is the driver side.   Goes from the inside of the top of the fender all the way down.  Picture is shown sideways......rotate the item one quarter turn counterclockwise,  and that is how it would attach....looking at it from the backside  (from the door to front of car) :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 10, 2009, 12:18:06 PM
that pic on ebay motors is correct...it goes behind the wheel opening and it has a rubber piece going around it....which is kinda hard to see in the photo....that particular one is the driver side.   Goes from the inside of the top of the fender all the way down.  Picture is shown sideways......

Excellent, thank you!!  :cheers: :cheers:

TylerCharger69

i modified my post....as a better explanation of the part.......look up.....lol

jb666

Perfect, thanks! It figures, this one part is $80+ PER SIDE.. When does it end!! :brickwall:

Steve P.

It ends the same way as most boats. They say: The two happiest days in a boat owners life is the day he bought it and the day he sold it.

Keep at it brother. The end is near......   ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TylerCharger69

Well....as a General Lee owner myself.......It never ends....lol    Say!!!   got any extra Vectors?   I'm looking at offers...a member has a really nice set that I'm planning on getting, but if I can find some cheaper...........well....as you say....when does it end....lol      Nice General by the way!!!  Sorry it wasn't up to snuff when you first purchased it.  some peoples definition of restoration or  the famous term "mint" is not what they should be.  I was looking through the pages of this topic.....yes all of them....You've really done some work there!!!   Good job!!!

jb666

Thanks! I'm sure it'll all be worth it the first time I'm out cruising in the car..