News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I see you have a r/h '70 tail light and a '69 l/h tail light. I have the same thing, but on a '70 Charger. Too bad it wasn't reversed, maybe we could've done some tradin'.  Beautiful car BTW.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

jb666

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 10, 2009, 06:01:47 PM
  I see you have a r/h '70 tail light and a '69 l/h tail light. I have the same thing, but on a '70 Charger. Too bad it wasn't reversed, maybe we could've done some tradin'.  Beautiful car BTW.

Eh, I knew that all along (ok, maybe not  :lol: ) , but it doesn't really bother me.. In due time I'll find the "correct" tail light, but until then I won't let it stop me from hitting the road.

BROCK

Hmmm 2 right 70 & 2 left 69.
I have both pairs spare,
Yep, left & right 69 + the same
for a 70.  Lets see that would
make 1 69 & 3 70 rights +
3 69 & 1 70 lefts amoung us. 

I see we are 2 70 owners & 1
69.  How would you swap them
around to get everyone the right
parts?

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

moparsons

Quote from: BROCK on September 11, 2009, 01:02:49 AM
Hmmm 2 right 70 & 2 left 69.
I have both pairs spare,
Yep, left & right 69 + the same
for a 70.  Lets see that would
make 1 69 & 3 70 rights +
3 69 & 1 70 lefts amoung us. 

I see we are 2 70 owners & 1
69.  How would you swap them
around to get everyone the right
parts?

Still only two matching sets out of the 8 taillights. Only way to help them out would leave your spares mismatched.
(by the way I fried my brain for a sec on that one) LOL

jb666

And here we are again.. Another Saturday visit come and gone.. I feel like crap today, so I didn't hang out too long.... But the glass was installed (yesterday) and a couple of other minor details were taken care of (more front end adjustment. It looks beautiful now!!).

Here's a quick (very) video I shot from the top of an 8' step ladder.. The "big" one is coming..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0DS7NKXIcw

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on September 10, 2009, 07:52:48 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on September 10, 2009, 06:01:47 PM

Eh, I knew that all along (ok, maybe not  :lol: ) , but it doesn't really bother me.. In due time I'll find the "correct" tail light, but until then I won't let it stop me from hitting the road.

Wow, Jeff....I have a R/H '70 taillight and a L/H '69 taillight in mine too!!!! :o
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

RamchargerMopar

Mopar or No Car!

jb666

First, I'd like to start out with a few NON GENERAL related pictures, but shots I thought you guys would enjoy.. Here's the Dart that's being converted to a Hemi Dart.. Check out what had to be removed from the rear quarters for this conversion. A LOT of time, documentation and measurements went into this procedure...

Here's a Pro-Street Mustang that's getting some work finished... The guy that owns this car is one of the nicest people you could meet. He also owns the Green Pro-Street Stang I've posted pics of earlier on..

Here are a few shots of the booth with some new artwork (Ed Roth, of course!!), and a Charger that y'all might find familiar?

More coming...

jb666

The new secondary latch (thanks again Bill440!!) and main hoop/latch.

and on to the General... As I said, glass is in, and some adjustments were made.. Other than that, it's all minor details and things that you don't see...

I LOVE the look of the rear with the glass. It really helps accent the rear body lines...

Side glass in (all tint removed and glass cleaned up nicely, along with trim/tracking).

And my normal variety of aerial shots:

That's it!!

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Neal_J

jb666

I'm hoping over the course of the next 2 weeks, but I can't say for sure. It's like building a house (to me). Everything looks ready to "move in", but all of the small details/finish work hold you up. I thought the spending on this thing was done, but all of the small items sure can add up... Splash shields, trim, latches, etc...

Steve P.

Looking fantastic brother. They sure have quite the lineup of rods in their shop. It's like a candy store for gear heads.  :2thumbs: 

I love what they have done with the engine bay and new suspension on the Mustang. There's an article all on it's own. Getting rid of the shock towers is HUGE.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on September 13, 2009, 12:54:05 PM
Looking fantastic brother. They sure have quite the lineup of rods in their shop. It's like a candy store for gear heads.  :2thumbs: 

I love what they have done with the engine bay and new suspension on the Mustang. There's an article all on it's own. Getting rid of the shock towers is HUGE.....

Jon did the engine bay/suspension mods.. Came out awesome, too! This car's going to be killer..

This shop is great -- Sort of like being at Jon's shop, too... Definitely a candy store!!!!!!!!!!

chargergirl

Car guys crack! He's done and in the nickel dime stage! Good for you HE is Gorgeous!
Trust your Woobie!

teamroth

Looks AWESOME Jeff! Cheers man! Let me and Frankie know when you wanna make your way down to NYC!  :cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on September 14, 2009, 11:29:29 AM
Looks AWESOME Jeff! Cheers man! Let me and Frankie know when you wanna make your way down to NYC!  :cheers:

Thanks man!! I will let you know.. But the only way that's gonna happen is if it's being trailered.. The way it's geared I won't be making any long trips... I need to recoup after the past year  :lol:

Quote from: chargergirl on September 14, 2009, 07:37:23 AM
Car guys crack! He's done and in the nickel dime stage! Good for you HE is Gorgeous!

Thank you!  :cheers: :cheers:

hemi-hampton

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 18, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
So, when are you bringing it home, Is it done yet :scratchchin: LEON.

Hi --- I'll know more today when I head to the shop... I know it's very close!!

:cheers:

Go Hogs Go

I know I'm anxious for it to be done. I can't imagine how your feeling now with the car so close.
Go Hogs!

RamchargerMopar

Im on pins and needles how did it go? Got pics ? Whats going on???
Mopar or No Car!

Green71R/T