News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Hey guys... Not a TON to report, but the car is probably about a week from being complete!! The glass is 100% installed. Trim is all restored/polished (what wasn't replaced with new). The rear trim is almost done, but I showed up for pictures a bit early. The glass was all cleaned up and looks super. There isn't much left. Carpet, seats, panels and that's it!!!

Here's a quick walk-around, then I'll post the pictures...  I've got a bunch of shows lined up once the car hits the streets, but first I'd like to log a few miles since the car hasn't been DRIVEN since it was 100% taken apart... But I think every detail of the car looks stunning. It (to me) doesn't look real, like it's a model that can actually be used!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLvvGnxpWDY

I'll be back.

Steve P.

I'm excited for ya buddy. I never seem to finish a car before it gets sold, so I can't imagine the feeling. I know the monster ups and downs you've been through on this build/re-build and that I think brings a tear to most of our eyes. 

The time is near when you take your baby out for that first "REAL" "ear to ear" smile busting ride. Just get use to the car before your itchy right foot starts pointing too hard toward the motor and remember that we are all going on this ride with you.... SO BE CAREFUL!!!!   ;)

I can't wait to see the report from your better half about how long it took for you to wipe off the initial smile......  :2thumbs: 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Thanks Steve!! I'm sure I'll be smiling for a while after getting it back in my possession. It's been a long journey, that's for sure...

Here are a few shots showing the glass, trim and mirrors on the car...

Then, the guys at the shop next door were having some "dukes fun", as they put it. They had a Crown Vic that was donated to the shop to be used for a demolition derby.. They decided, instead, to take it out back and jump it on the small motocross track they've built.. It was awesome watching the car fly 3-4' into the air and land..

They even put an '01' on the doors to make it suitable for the occasion!!

And I thought the fun was over here (the car had just driven UP a steep hill and couldn't make it over the top)

Thanks for checking out the pics!!!

jb666

Here's a quick video the wife shot while we were at the shop today, on her IPhone 3Gs. Pretty impressive quality for a phone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RzgSbPVFRA

MoparManJim

You know, I was talking to afew of my old friends the order day, one of them mention about a charger restro that was kinda like making a recorded. I ask the friend really, and he said it was a BK car that was on the net on a charger forum that some guy was turning into a sweet Dukes car. I was  :o when he told me and he ask me to check it out and I told him I knew all about it already  :lol: as I was on that very forum myself. The friend is a lurker, but I ask him to join up here and post also, I don't know if he will or not but he sure loves your car though.  :cheers: 

Heck man, you car is kinda out doing Lee1 in a way.  :lol:

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on September 20, 2009, 02:48:27 PM
You know, I was talking to afew of my old friends the order day, one of them mention about a charger restro that was kinda like making a recorded. I ask the friend really, and he said it was a BK car that was on the net on a charger forum that some guy was turning into a sweet Dukes car. I was  :o when he told me and he ask me to check it out and I told him I knew all about it already  :lol: as I was on that very forum myself. The friend is a lurker, but I ask him to join up here and post also, I don't know if he will or not but he sure loves your car though.  :cheers: 

Heck man, you car is kinda out doing Lee1 in a way.  :lol:

Cool story, Jim!! I've had the "BK thread" come up in MANY conversations this summer.. Car shows, auto parts stores, etc... People not knowing it's me.. I like it.

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: chargergirl on September 21, 2009, 06:01:56 AM
And so it starts...the BK Urban Legend....

Yeah but this ain't no legend its more like "The BK Horror". Open title shot you see close ups of a rusted charger and you here people talking in a Texas accent and then fade out. we come back and you here power tools and wrenches and then the some one screams...as a can of bondo is opened. extreme close up of the charger and then black out. Then the story picks up on a quiet day and this fella comes along and sees the General Lee peacefully sleeping in the garage. The man inquires about the car knowing not of the horrors and evil hidden below the orange paint and shiny chrome.....
so starts the never ending battle that will take place. The General getting into the mans head, whispering and demanding. as layers and layers of his skin is peeled off the General Demands more driving the man insane begging for it to end but it don't. The General just demands more more more more!!! Sleepless nights and hours on the phone scrounging and hunting dead beat dealers and half wit idiots only slow the progress. "What do I do?!" he screams "WHAT DO IT DO?!?!?!?!?!"And from the corner, "finish me". The General Whispers..."Finish me and together we will have our vengeance".......
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Got another update last night.. Things are REALLY wrapping up... The underside of the dash got a good final cleaning (sand) before the carpet goes down.. One of the resident shop gurus rebuilt the mechanical portion of my seats (neither would ever move the way they were put together). The (inside) rear window trim is on , the rear package tray is finished/on (cut around roll bar & sanded smooth). Tonight , with any luck the carpet will be in (was a bit tricky because of the aftermarket shifter & roll bar). This is going to look amazing, and with any luck  I might actually see my first show this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:popcrn:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

General_01

That is great news Jeff. Glad to see this chapter in the life of your General is coming to a close so you can start a new and exciting chapter. Can't wait to see pics of you enjoying the car at car shows and just plain cruising.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on September 22, 2009, 07:35:21 PM
That is great news Jeff. Glad to see this chapter in the life of your General is coming to a close so you can start a new and exciting chapter. Can't wait to see pics of you enjoying the car at car shows and just plain cruising.

You know, it's exciting even READING that... So yeah, you'll be seeing lots of pictures!!

scatpack69

hey Jeff, Don't forget to have a reputable shop inspect the car. You wouldn't want anything to fall off or break now would you?  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Car is looking fantastic!!!

jb666

Quote from: scatpack69 on September 22, 2009, 08:36:24 PM
hey Jeff, Don't forget to have a reputable shop inspect the car. You wouldn't want anything to fall off or break now would you?  :smilielol: :smilielol:

You know, you are about a year too late with your advice!!!!!!!!!!!   :rofl:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on September 22, 2009, 08:59:41 PM
Quote from: scatpack69 on September 22, 2009, 08:36:24 PM

You know, you are about a year too late with your advice!!!!!!!!!!!   :rofl:

:smilielol: :smilielol:

Bluestar

Quote from: jb666 on September 22, 2009, 05:07:05 PM
Got another update last night.. Things are REALLY wrapping up... The underside of the dash got a good final cleaning (sand) before the carpet goes down.. One of the resident shop gurus rebuilt the mechanical portion of my seats (neither would ever move the way they were put together). The (inside) rear window trim is on , the rear package tray is finished/on (cut around roll bar & sanded smooth). Tonight , with any luck the carpet will be in (was a bit tricky because of the aftermarket shifter & roll bar). This is going to look amazing, and with any luck  I might actually see my first show this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I am just up the street in Taunton.  Let us know if you do go to a show on Friday.  I'd love to check this beast out first hand.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bigred68

I SOOOO wanna see a large amount of pictures of your car, and video!! :2thumbs:
I'm soo giddy, I think I just pee'd alittle!!
:cheers:

jb666

Quote from: Bluestar on September 23, 2009, 12:55:13 PM
Quote from: jb666 on September 22, 2009, 05:07:05 PM

Since I am just up the street in Taunton.  Let us know if you do go to a show on Friday.  I'd love to check this beast out first hand.

It's looking REALLY good for Friday night.. I'll be at Gillette tomorrow night (not with the car though).  I'd love it if a few from the forum could make it by and check out the job done.

Quote from: bigred68 on September 23, 2009, 04:20:12 PM
I SOOOO wanna see a large amount of pictures of your car, and video!! :2thumbs:
I'm soo giddy, I think I just pee'd alittle!!
:cheers:

If nothing else, in the past year, you've probably learned I'm a huge photo/video whore... So you can count on that one!!

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 23, 2009, 03:53:19 PM
Wow, great news Jeff.  Hope it happens for you brother!  :2thumbs:

Thanks Mike!! Any chance you can make it down for the big unveiling?? And guess what??? Chuck spent the past couple of nights working on my interior. It's ALMOST DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Between him and the big guy, the past week has been very productive!!!!!! I can't wait to see it...

And I got word from Jon that he finished the "custom" work on my new Hemi valve covers.. These things are gonna look awesome (and clear my rockers!)under there!!!!!!!!!!

Big Sugar

Well Jeff ...after all you've put us through we'd better see a  video of the General in action  soon !!
And you know what type of video we're  expecting....
Somthing with a Smokey Ending.

Good luck with ther Charger Jeff, It was certainly a pleasure to see it all come together !

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Go Hogs Go

Go Hogs!

mikepmcs

Quote from: jb666 on September 23, 2009, 07:00:32 PM
Thanks Mike!! Any chance you can make it down for the big unveiling?? And guess what??? Chuck spent the past couple of nights working on my interior. It's ALMOST DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Between him and the big guy, the past week has been very productive!!!!!! I can't wait to see it...
And I got word from Jon that he finished the "custom" work on my new Hemi valve covers.. These things are gonna look awesome (and clear my rockers!)under there!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the invite but I don't think I'll be heading that way this weekend. Looks like you will have enough support from others so that is great. Not big on crowds as you know but I'm sure I'll see it soon enough.  Still haven't got hold of Dan yet either. LOL.
Chuck and the man behind the curtain are two in a million, that is for sure.  :2thumbs:
I'm very happy it is coming to fruition.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 24, 2009, 03:53:37 PM
Quote from: jb666 on September 23, 2009, 07:00:32 PM

Thanks for the invite but I don't think I'll be heading that way this weekend. Looks like you will have enough support from others so that is great. Not big on crowds as you know but I'm sure I'll see it soon enough.  Still haven't got hold of Dan yet either. LOL.
Chuck and the man behind the curtain are two in a million, that is for sure.  :2thumbs:
I'm very happy it is coming to fruition.
v/r
Mike

Thanks Mike!!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

RamchargerMopar

Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Well guys, THE DREAM CAME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The car saw the light of day today... It ran.. It drove.. It screamed.. It showed!!

The car didn't let down in ANY department.. It HAULS ASS and it looks stunning out in the sun.. I'll have some videos later, but here are a few shots... The car still has a few finishing touches, but the guys busted serious ass getting this thing ready for the show... Anyways, here goes...

Check out the reflection of the flake in the driver's window:

More coming later...