News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Jeff, a job well done bro, I know you didn't have much in the retro job itself, but to all that was part of it  :cheers:. You guys didn't kill a charger off because of it's shape it was or being to lazy to do the job. You guys went right through that road block and hammered on that poor charger and got him back into top shape again thanks to what BK had originally done. 

But something is also telling me that this story isn't over just yet either just because the car is done, there is still afew things left.

Stanleyart

Jeff-

I applaud you for successfully winning the battle of "Car vs. Man". You did it. And what a journey. Thanks for being so transparent and allowing us to ride along with you and share in the pain and now the ultimate victory. This is an awesome time for me and it's not even my car! And through all of this, I feel like I know you, as well as a lot of the guys on here too. The Charger goes beyond the description of amazing. Your guys are in every sense of the word genius.

Give this man a standing "O".

Hope to see you with the car one day soon.

Take care-

-Steve

mikepmcs

Awesome JB! I sent you a couple texts yesterday.

Car is fantastic!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on September 26, 2009, 06:43:37 PM
i love the raised stance of the front end, looks great. what bars are you running on it?  and what size tires did you put up front?

Thanks! 295's in the rear 255's up front.

Quote from: General_01 on September 26, 2009, 09:47:32 PM
What a beautiful sight Jeff. I am very happy for you. That car looks great. I am sure you were in heaven finally driving the car down the road. I am very happy that we will NOT have an update thread on your car to check on anymore. Now we will just have a "Jeff and GL show schedule and pics" thread to keep up with. Have fun with that thing. :2thumbs:

Thanks!! I AM in heaven. It's incredible, and yesterday was a day I will remember for YEARS to come..  I will definitely have fun with it. After yesterday's cruise I've realized this is going to be a nice reliable vehicle.. The thing runs like a dream.

Quote from: MoparManJim on September 26, 2009, 09:57:55 PM
Jeff, a job well done bro, I know you didn't have much in the retro job itself, but to all that was part of it  :cheers:. You guys didn't kill a charger off because of it's shape it was or being to lazy to do the job. You guys went right through that road block and hammered on that poor charger and got him back into top shape again thanks to what BK had originally done.  

But something is also telling me that this story isn't over just yet either just because the car is done, there is still afew things left.

You are correct,Jim... Not over yet... now the fun really begins (in print).  :cheers:

Quote from: Stanleyart on September 26, 2009, 11:29:51 PM
Jeff-

I applaud you for successfully winning the battle of "Car vs. Man". You did it. And what a journey. Thanks for being so transparent and allowing us to ride along with you and share in the pain and now the ultimate victory. This is an awesome time for me and it's not even my car! And through all of this, I feel like I know you, as well as a lot of the guys on here too. The Charger goes beyond the description of amazing. Your guys are in every sense of the word genius.

Give this man a standing "O".

Hope to see you with the car one day soon.

Take care-

-Steve

Steve -- Thank you for the kind words!! The guys that worked on this, from Jon all the way through the paint/body shop are amazing. Talent like this is something I Never thought I'd be able to afford, but they all proved me wrong. I've seen labor rates at other shops (locally and out of state) and NO ONE can touch what these guys work for. It's these "3" guys that deserve the standing "O". They are my heroes!!

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 27, 2009, 07:46:02 AM
Awesome JB! I sent you a couple texts yesterday.

Car is fantastic!!

Thanks Mike!! You've been a HUGE help through out all of this. Your time/generosity has helped me immensely, and for that, I thank you.. You are one of the great friends I've met/made through out this entire saga.

I have a load of pictures/videos to post. We found some REALLY nice spots yesterday to take pictures, but next week will be the fun photo shoot(s). This weekend I really just wanted to log some driving time. I'll put pics up shortly!!  :cheers: :cheers:

We had a bunch of friends asking us to post a video where I hit the horn (not something I do everywhere I go), so she did a quick walk-around and at the end I hit the horn... Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5uv6pFb5rw

jb666

And we're off.... I was driving around trying to find a nice spot with open farmland, but the house/land I wanted to use was having a HUGE party and it wasn't the right time.. So I settled for this, which I was very pleased with, in the end..

The last shot, that I forgot to post, from Friday night's car show.. Like I said, the sun went down an hour after I got there, and the place cleared out early, but it was nice being there either way!

A quick shot taken at the shop before leaving... I liked the reflection..

The wife took this from her IPhone.. I liked the angle she captured!!

Sorry for the glare, I still liked these shots...

Yes, I know the trunk lock cylinder is missing  :lol: , It hasn't arrived yet..

I love this one...

TO BE CONTINUED...

jb666

This entire time, I've been forgetting to take some interior shots. Just because I knew we'd need access to the back seat , I decided to eliminate the center console , and move the location of the shifter back to better "fit" me. Now I can simply drop my right hand and it falls right on the shifter (thanks for that, Jon! This shifter is AWESOME!!).

The seats came out great, and the boys did an amazing job installing the carpet with nice clean cuts around the bars!!!!

Back to the outside...

Videos to follow.....

Brock Samson

are the doors welded shut?..  :popcrn:

BTW: so far i like your wifes' cell phone pic the best,.. i know it's small and kinda' grainy but it's really really cool and shows the metalflake off best... I'm sure in time one of the pictures you take will be great and it's all subjective but that cell phone pic ROCKS!  :2thumbs:
of the 265,045 pics you've posted it's the first one I've bothered to save.

congrats on finally twisting the key and chirping the tires... it is a great feeling I'm sure...  :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 27, 2009, 11:19:17 AM

:rofl: nope.. I'm not that interested in originality. NOR am I that limber.. No one wants to see me splitting my pants open jumping in/out of my window...

This was the last of my burnout videos.. I just LOVED the sound of the Hemi here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gtCtVUiwcw

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 27, 2009, 11:19:17 AM

BTW: so far i like your wifes' cell phone pic the best,.. i know it's small and kinda' grainy but it's really really cool and shows the metalflake off best... I'm sure in time one of the pictures you take will be great and it's all subjective but that cell phone pic ROCKS!  :2thumbs:
of the 265,045 pics you've posted it's the first one I've bothered to save.

congrats on finally twisting the key and chirping the tires... it is a great feeling I'm sure...  :cheers:

I agree with you completely!! When I Saw it I said "You know, it's great, an IPHONE shot is nicer than one taken on a high end camera!!". Go figure, but it's all in the angle, and she had it!! I was taking boring pictures yesterday but REALLY just wanted to be behind the wheel...

265,045 pics  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love it!!!!!!!! My wife tells me ALL THE TIME "You have more pictures of your cars then the family!". It's so true...

69bronzeT5

Yep, I'm with you on that. The picture folders on my computer of my Charger & Duster are HUGE :lol: I love the first shot at the car show by the way. Love the reflections and just the overall look in that one :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 27, 2009, 11:35:56 AM
Yep, I'm with you on that. The picture folders on my computer of my Charger & Duster are HUGE :lol: I love the first shot at the car show by the way. Love the reflections and just the overall look in that one :2thumbs:

It was a good shot.. I don't know why I hadn't posted it before... Definitely a nice reflection.. The sun was on it's way down (quickly) and taking any warm air with it...

jb666

And now, it's time to find a good steering wheel.. I DO NOT like this wheel and/or how it pushes the wheel so far into your chest  :lol:

I'm still digging around for the diagram for the vacuum (headlights) system too.. I have ordered a shop manual but it hasn't arrived yet.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on September 27, 2009, 11:44:30 AM
And now, it's time to find a good steering wheel.. I DO NOT like this wheel and/or how it pushes the wheel so far into your chest  :lol:

Really? I like it.... :shruggy:

Brock Samson

i think a smaller flatter shallower wheel like one of these might be sweet...

http://www.flamingriver.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/Category_ID=122/home_id=122/mode=cat/cat122.htm

if you could get it to match the tan int it would be really cool..

i checked the momos and though i saw something i liked alot when i was research parts for the BSG i couldn't find it now... I'll keep looking, most their stuff is too europiean ans well as to expensive..

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 27, 2009, 11:49:49 AM

Well, I'm not that tall (5'11) and with the seat all the way back this wheel is still in my chest...  I'd like something "flat", as Brock said in his post... But definitely not something "Euro" looking.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on September 27, 2009, 12:12:22 PM

Well, I'm not that tall (5'11) and with the seat all the way back this wheel is still in my chest...  I'd like something "flat", as Brock said in his post... But definitely not something "Euro" looking.

Maybe a Grant wheel like they used in the '05 Dukes movie?

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 27, 2009, 12:15:56 PM

That's another option, too..

captnsim

Holy cow...Miss a couple days and all the good stuff happens. So happy for you man. Car looks stunning  :drool5:
I can't wait to see it in person.
Your probably going to want a 70's Corvette style wheel. They had no dish. Maybe a Grant 794. Anything with a flat dish, and up to 1 1/4 dish will probably work for you. Looks like you have 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 dish on there now.
:2thumbs:  :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on September 27, 2009, 12:51:22 PM
Holy cow...Miss a couple days and all the good stuff happens. So happy for you man. Car looks stunning  :drool5:
I can't wait to see it in person.
Your probably going to want a 70's Corvette style wheel. They had no dish. Maybe a Grant 794. Anything with a flat dish, and up to 1 1/4 dish will probably work for you. Looks like you have 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 dish on there now.
:2thumbs:  :cheers:

Thanks man!! I can't wait for you to see it in person, either.. You saw it first hand when it was brutal...

This was actually one of the first videos we shot.. I just found it.

Now that the burnouts are out of my system it's time to have some fun cruisin'!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ukX47V08U

mikepmcs

Quote from: jb666 on September 27, 2009, 12:18:31 PM

I have that exact wheel in mine. Want me to take it off and bring it down so you can check it out on saturday?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 27, 2009, 03:46:37 PM
Quote from: jb666 on September 27, 2009, 12:18:31 PM

I have that exact wheel in mine. Want me to take it off and bring it down so you can check it out on saturday?

You would take your wheel off and bring it down to see if I liked it?!?!?! Geeze Mike you really are something!! Sure, that would be awesome!!!  Any shots of your interior showing the wheel a bit better than this shot?

Tilar

I'm still digging around for the diagram for the vacuum (headlights) system too.. I have ordered a shop manual but it hasn't arrived yet.

It looks like the one I have in mine, I just gotta find someone to restore it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mikepmcs

Jeff
Sent a couple pics to your phone. And of course I'd take it off. It will be the most use that wheel has gotten all summer.  :lol:

That vac diag is on this site.  I'll do a search.

mikepmcs

Courtesy of Chris G(notjust6t9)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10158.0.html

and courtesy of Tan Top

the vacuum lines are color coded

yellow/amber ---- stripe  to top of the headlight door vacuum actuator

plain no stripe ------ to the bottom of the headlight  door actuator 

green stripe ----- to the vacuum canister under the battery tray

mikepmcs

It's a Grant F/X  Wheel Part 737. The correct installation kit from Grant for a 69 Charger is Install Kit 4313

Here's one I found for $133 it looks like. Shop around though.  Type in Grant fx wheel.

http://www.myhotmercedes.com/Mercedes_Benz/Grant/Steering_Wheels/Grant_FX_Steering_Wheel/554349