News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 27, 2009, 05:13:59 PM
Courtesy of Chris G(notjust6t9)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10158.0.html

and courtesy of Tan Top

the vacuum lines are color coded

yellow/amber ---- stripe  to top of the headlight door vacuum actuator

plain no stripe ------ to the bottom of the headlight  door actuator 

green stripe ----- to the vacuum canister under the battery tray

Excellent, thank you Mike!!

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 27, 2009, 05:54:17 PM
It's a Grant F/X  Wheel Part 737. The correct installation kit from Grant for a 69 Charger is Install Kit 4313

Here's one I found for $133 it looks like. Shop around though.  Type in Grant fx wheel.

http://www.myhotmercedes.com/Mercedes_Benz/Grant/Steering_Wheels/Grant_FX_Steering_Wheel/554349

Again, thanks!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

I just spent some time putting together a short video that spans from day one through yesterday... Kind of funny to sum up a 200 page thread in 6 minute video  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmhkrV4kEYY

model maker

I followed this post for so long, and took a break & came back to it. What ever happened to BK ? did they get what was coming to them ? I see so many general Lees on " AUTABUY.COM and they look like the crap BK was selling. I mean there are so many orange Gls on there & I think it is places LIKE BK doing this. A 69 Charger for  $12-26,000 & suppossedly completly restored sends up a red flag., So tell me, what ever happened to them ? By the way, Your charger looks OUTSTANDING !!! You invested a LOT of money to get what you wanted & I am happy you have realized your dream. You have a BEAUTIFUL  General !!!!
Bert
MODEL MAKER

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: jb666 on September 27, 2009, 08:13:39 PM
I just spent some time putting together a short video that spans from day one through yesterday... Kind of funny to sum up a 200 page thread in 6 minute video  :lol:

if you could send me your video and picture files I can put together a dvd for you...just putting the offer out there if you like.
Mopar or No Car!

hemi-hampton

Wow, I was gone for 2 days & all this happens & missed the Action. Car looks Great, Congratulations :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  LEON.

Neal_J

Is it the steering wheel or the tilt column that's the problem?

Looks like it's tilted mighting high in that interior shot...

GL#10

Hey

Congrats on the finished product , glad you kept it and had it done right !!! hats off to you !!! ,and the body  shop ,    love the tag HEMIGL .

K.c

jb666

Quote from: model maker on September 27, 2009, 08:46:26 PM
I followed this post for so long, and took a break & came back to it. What ever happened to BK ? did they get what was coming to them ? I see so many general Lees on " AUTABUY.COM and they look like the crap BK was selling. I mean there are so many orange Gls on there & I think it is places LIKE BK doing this. A 69 Charger for  $12-26,000 & suppossedly completly restored sends up a red flag., So tell me, what ever happened to them ? By the way, Your charger looks OUTSTANDING !!! You invested a LOT of money to get what you wanted & I am happy you have realized your dream. You have a BEAUTIFUL  General !!!!
Bert

Thank you, Bert!!  And you're right,there's a LOT of scammers out there just waiting for unsuspecting suckers like me.

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 27, 2009, 11:12:42 PM
Wow, I was gone for 2 days & all this happens & missed the Action. Car looks Great, Congratulations :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  LEON.

Thank you Leon!! Coming from you that's quite the compliment!!!

Quote from: Neal_J on September 28, 2009, 01:11:33 AM
Is it the steering wheel or the tilt column that's the problem?

Looks like it's tilted mighting high in that interior shot...

The tilt is up so I can squeeze out between the bar and the wheel. Normally it's down all the way, but, the "new" IDIDIT column that's in the car is 2" closer to the dash then stock..... It's all in the wheel.

Quote from: GL#10 on September 28, 2009, 01:24:16 AM
Hey

Congrats on the finished product , glad you kept it and had it done right !!! hats off to you !!! ,and the body  shop ,    love the tag HEMIGL .

K.c

Wow, thank you, too!!

Go Hogs Go

Quote from: jb666 on September 27, 2009, 08:13:39 PM

That video brought a tear to my eye. It was like watching a hero being brought back from the dead and ending up better than ever before. What a journey, and that engine sounds awesome. Very strong, 5 stars all the way around. You da man! :2thumbs:
Go Hogs!

c00nhunterjoe

what torsion bars are on it? i have factory big block bars on mine with them cranked all the way up and mine wont sit that high!!!!

Tilar

Quite the story Jeff. When does the movie come out? =) That body shop did an awesome job on the General. How big a shop is it? How many work there?

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on September 28, 2009, 10:50:43 AM
what torsion bars are on it? i have factory big block bars on mine with them cranked all the way up and mine wont sit that high!!!!

Do you have them on the correct side? They will fit either way but will only work right when they are on the side they are marked for.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Marck

Congrats with finally getting behind the wheel of that beast...  :2thumbs:
It turned out just perfect, and you should be proud of what your determination got you..

Btw, don't you have any clearence issues running 255's ud front? What is the backspacing on those rims?

lcn187

Well the old saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words. Most of you out here from what I am told have only just that to go by. a picture. I saw Jeff's pride and joy Friday night at a local car show and let me say this, there aren't enough words to say what this car is like in person. An absolute thing of beauty. Car is simply stunning in one word. Sadly I wasn't able to hear it ALIVE but seeing it was worth all this time it has been in the shop. Jeff way to go my man. Absolute perfection.

jb666

Quote from: Marck on September 28, 2009, 01:12:44 PM
Congrats with finally getting behind the wheel of that beast...  :2thumbs:
It turned out just perfect, and you should be proud of what your determination got you..

Btw, don't you have any clearence issues running 255's ud front? What is the backspacing on those rims?

Thanks!!!!!! No clearance issues at all, even when the nose was down in the weeds....

Quote from: lcn187 on September 28, 2009, 01:26:19 PM
Well the old saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words. Most of you out here from what I am told have only just that to go by. a picture. I saw Jeff's pride and joy Friday night at a local car show and let me say this, there aren't enough words to say what this car is like in person. An absolute thing of beauty. Car is simply stunning in one word. Sadly I wasn't able to hear it ALIVE but seeing it was worth all this time it has been in the shop. Jeff way to go my man. Absolute perfection.

Thanks, Jeff!! I'm glad you were able to get by and see the General!!! I know you love this car as much as me!!!

Quote from: Tilar on September 28, 2009, 11:06:11 AM
Quite the story Jeff. When does the movie come out? =) That body shop did an awesome job on the General. How big a shop is it? How many work there?

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on September 28, 2009, 10:50:43 AM

Do you have them on the correct side? They will fit either way but will only work right when they are on the side they are marked for.

The shop is about 1500 sq ft. There are 3 guys working there, each with their own area of perfection. As for the movie, well, I'm working on the media end of things right now :)

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jb666

Quote from: Troy on September 28, 2009, 02:37:29 PM
I go away for the weekend and missed it all... ;)

Congrats!

Troy

Not to worry, I've posted 245,007 pictures to summarize every step I took this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brock Samson

jb666

jb666

I was thinking about something earlier, and discussing the facts of the (2nd) build with one of the guys from the shop...

Do you realize that I have less into this, INCLUDING the purchase price of the car from Brian, into this entire build than Brian paid BK (After adding in cost of the drivetrain)??? Pretty scary thought here, and one that should blow Brian's mind...  This was after sitting down and adding EVERYTHING up, down to the sand used to blast this thing.

That almost doesn't seem possible considering how thoroughly this car was done this time around!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Ghoste

And if you figure the number of other people that BK have stolen from and continue to rob, that's a lot of profit.

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on September 29, 2009, 12:25:06 PM
And if you figure the number of other poeple that BK have stolen from and continue to rob, that's a lot of profit.

Oh, you'd better believe it.  I think less and less about BK AUTO as the days go by.... This thread has served an incredible purpose, it has spread the word. It has shown, in GREAT DETAIL, what type of work you can get done for being "cheap" and only spending $70k on a build.

It's shown me a LOT more than that, but we've already been through all of that  :rofl:

twistedsymphony

haven't been on in a while but I just want to say congrats on seeing this through to the end...  :cheers:

and with time to enjoy it a bit before you have to put it up for the winter too  :2thumbs:

I'm not too far away either (up in NH)... maybe if the stars align I'll be able to see this thing in person at some point.

if nothing else it's encouraging me to get my own project done and back on the road. :2thumbs:

model maker

What is the status of BK ?? have they been prosecuted, run out of business ETC ?
MODEL MAKER

Steve P.

I know there is a GL site somewhere and was wondering if anyone knows if it was linked to there?   If this has been mentioned before I goofed. Still on many meds for my back.  :P
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on September 29, 2009, 04:22:29 PM
I know there is a GL site somewhere and was wondering if anyone knows if it was linked to there?   If this has been mentioned before I goofed. Still on many meds for my back.  :P

There is, yes. This topic has come up, but there isn't much action over on that site.

Quote from: model maker on September 29, 2009, 04:21:40 PM
What is the status of BK ?? have they been prosecuted, run out of business ETC ?

I really don't know.. Yet.

Quote from: twistedsymphony on September 29, 2009, 03:39:17 PM
haven't been on in a while but I just want to say congrats on seeing this through to the end...  :cheers:

and with time to enjoy it a bit before you have to put it up for the winter too  :2thumbs:

I'm not too far away either (up in NH)... maybe if the stars align I'll be able to see this thing in person at some point.

if nothing else it's encouraging me to get my own project done and back on the road. :2thumbs:

That is awesome, thank you!!

I'm video crazy, but I had a request to put up a few "different" pictures in another video really highlighting the devastation.. So here goes nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdpNvLJnvLo

:cheers: :cheers: