News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drag426

Thats a new trunk lock because the owner of the shop can't find the orig.   :brickwall:  Hello Jeff.

jb666

Quote from: drag426 on October 02, 2009, 08:09:09 PM
Thats a new trunk lock because the owner of the shop can't find the orig.   :brickwall:  Hello Jeff.

:o I... Ummm... Oh...

Nevermind.

:leaving:

MoparManJim

Jeff, your car is down right looks very very very very very oh an did I say very good?  :icon_smile_big: 

But only one down side I can see with the photos you took, the car is not setting in the road like it should be it's off to the side.  :slap: 
, It should have been in the middle of the road and then it would have look alot better  :lol: 

Plus one other thing I have notice about your car from others of the same class. Yours look to have much more character to it by how tall it sets up and it leveled out very well and the front end isn't dropping down as like if the torsion bars just gave out. It looks like it is really tough with muscle. The tires sets it off very well. That car even when it's setting still looks like it's going 150mph! This car has a very very nice stanch to it which I like alot.

69bronzeT5

Thats a new trunk lock because the owner of the shop can't find the orig.   :brickwall:

It's just a lock. Things get lost, it happens! ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 03, 2009, 03:13:06 AM
Thats a new trunk lock because the owner of the shop can't find the orig.   :brickwall:

Yea, it's not like it's the very original one, for all we know BK might have replace that one also. remember what this car went through, so the car is not original anyways so why worry about it for.

When working in a shop, things does ten to get mis place at times by mistake. Jon's shop does alot of work and things in shops like that can easy get mistplace but mist stake.  

I been following this thread from the get go so it's not like the whole car is really original  :lol:

mopar01

For $70,000 G's You can build 2 of these cars. I would have took him to court bottom line!!!  If it's not a real R/T than you'll never see your investment back. I build General Lee's here that I would have sold you one for $35,000. finished.  This is the first General Lee I rebuilt from a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T from California in 1996. I have another that is 70% completed & another going in the paint shop in 2 weeks. Check out the picture of the finished car.

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 03, 2009, 03:13:06 AM

I don't care about ANY of that stuff.. The car has been in a million pcs. I EXPECT things to be misplaced and it doesn't bother me one bit.. These guys have done so much for me , that in the grand scheme of things, it's like a drop of water falling into a lake..  :cheers: :cheers:

I'm sorry to bomb you guys with pictures... I am just overly excited about this thing being almost finished.. Come next week I'll be putting up the FINAL FINISHED NOTHING LEFT shots.. From there, this thread will really quiet down!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: mopar01 on October 03, 2009, 08:42:03 AM
For $70,000 G's You can build 2 of these cars. I would have took him to court bottom line!!!  If it's not a real R/T than you'll never see your investment back. I build General Lee's here that I would have sold you one for $35,000. finished.  This is the first General Lee I rebuilt from a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T from California in 1996. I have another that is 70% completed & another going in the paint shop in 2 weeks. Check out the picture of the finished car.

And yes, I'm sure you can. Depending on the extent you go to during the build (and who's doing which portion of it), I don't doubt that.. But going head to toe inside and out, $35k just isn't going to happen.. Hans tried pushing a GL on me 18 months ago that had a Black interior and a column shift. I said I wanted TAN guts and a console/floor shift. THE NEXT DAY the car was "converted". How does something like this happen? IT DOESNT unless you're a scammer like he is..  My point is that ANYTHING can be done.. But I can just about promise you that a $35k car would have it's flaws like anything else... Imperfections like a Black interior that I'd HAVE to change... Drivetrain modifications.. Frame/floor work... Subframe connectors. A REAL roll bar..

As for the "took him to court" .. It's not quite the "bottom line", since this car was a tangled web from day one. I'm not the one who paid BK to build this atrocity. The guy who DID should be the one to took him to court... And he's also the one who should be worried about his legal defense when his world comes crashing down.

As for getting my investment back.. That's something that didn't/doesn't even enter my mind when thinking about this car. It's never going anywhere, so re-sale value isn't something that I'm concerned with. I'm not having this build so I can flip it and make a quick buck.  If I was, I'd be crying in my bowl of Wheaties, but I'm not.  :cheers: :cheers:

BTW, nice job on your build, it looks beautiful!  :cheers:

jb666

I've been meaning to ask -------- Can someone here please post a picture of the plug in your driver's door panel where the REMOTE MIRROR switch would be?

BK had used a rubber body plug (inside out, painted tan) , and I want to make sure the proper plug goes back in....

Question #2 --- Anyone HAVE ONE they'd like to part with? OR, option #2 is does anyone here have a decent remote mirror they'd like to sell me?

mopar01

Quote from: jb666 on October 03, 2009, 09:13:29 AM
I've been meaning to ask -------- Can someone here please post a picture of the plug in your driver's door panel where the REMOTE MIRROR switch would be?

BK had used a rubber body plug (inside out, painted tan) , and I want to make sure the proper plug goes back in....

Question #2 --- Anyone HAVE ONE they'd like to part with? OR, option #2 is does anyone here have a decent remote mirror they'd like to sell me?

I strip all my cars to bare metal, take all the parts off the car strip those as well with chemical stripper. I rest assure you that my restoration cars are not rotten to start with. The car you see int he picture was sold in 1999. Which I was the owner & builder. This is a true R/T car from California. I used por-15 for the for the restoration. Plus this car was on rotisserie. Now we are talking that this car was built in 1996. Sold due to Divorse. But This car was purchased in 1995 for only $5500.00 as well. The car was solid which sat in a garage in California amoung 6 other 1968 69 & 70 Dodge Chargers. This car was trailered from California to my location. Right now the car has a new owner which he has installed a 505 horsepower engine. These are the cars I rebuild. I am sorry you had to be taken from a con artist as most of these people on here don't care about doing cars the right way as long as they bring the buck! Here's an idea, I sold this car as you see in the picture without the big engine & less the wheels for $10,000.  Now I would wager that this car is better condition than the one you purchased for $70gs..

jb666

Quote from: mopar01 on October 03, 2009, 09:32:35 AM

I strip all my cars to bare metal, take all the parts off the car strip those as well with chemical stripper. I rest assure you that my restoration cars are not rotten to start with. The car you see int he picture was sold in 1999. Which I was the owner & builder. This is a true R/T car from California. I used por-15 for the for the restoration. Plus this car was on rotisserie. Now we are talking that this car was built in 1996. Sold due to Divorse. But This car was purchased in 1995 for only $5500.00 as well. The car was solid which sat in a garage in California amoung 6 other 1968 69 & 70 Dodge Chargers. This car was trailered from California to my location. Right now the car has a new owner which he has installed a 505 horsepower engine. These are the cars I rebuild. I am sorry you had to be taken from a con artist as most of these people on here don't care about doing cars the right way as long as they bring the buck! Here's an idea, I sold this car as you see in the picture without the big engine & less the wheels for $10,000.  Now I would wager that this car is better condition than the one you purchased for $70gs..

I'm POSITIVE it is... Except I didn't buy a GL for $70k, Brian did (from BK).  :cheers: :cheers:

Sounds like yours are done right  :2thumbs:

captnsim

pg 89 of this tread...  :nana: You can get a remote mirror on Ebay.
Nice pics/vid's Jeff

mikepmcs

Jeff

I have that plug you are looking for. You want me to send it to the shop or to your house?
No need to spend money on a remote mirror.
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Quote from: mopar01 on October 03, 2009, 09:32:35 AM

I strip all my cars to bare metal, take all the parts off the car strip those as well with chemical stripper. I rest assure you that my restoration cars are not rotten to start with. The car you see int he picture was sold in 1999. Which I was the owner & builder. This is a true R/T car from California. I used por-15 for the for the restoration. Plus this car was on rotisserie. Now we are talking that this car was built in 1996. Sold due to Divorse. But This car was purchased in 1995 for only $5500.00 as well. The car was solid which sat in a garage in California amoung 6 other 1968 69 & 70 Dodge Chargers. This car was trailered from California to my location. Right now the car has a new owner which he has installed a 505 horsepower engine. These are the cars I rebuild. I am sorry you had to be taken from a con artist as most of these people on here don't care about doing cars the right way as long as they bring the buck! Here's an idea, I sold this car as you see in the picture without the big engine & less the wheels for $10,000.  Now I would wager that this car is better condition than the one you purchased for $70gs..

You go ahead and start building me REAL 69 R/T's for $35000 rotisserie restored and if they pass Jeffs guys at the shop in Mass.(cause they are the best I've ever seen in person to include Jon, Chuck, Big B and the rest of that crew)) hemi geno's, 1hot68's, and Leon's inspection.  I'll order a dozen of them and even give you an extra grand when I sell them for what they are worth fully restored.
Obviously I'm being an a$$hole here. my point is it can't be done and it appears by your statement that you've completed one in 13 years with another almost complete and one near paint.  Now if you were to really start pumping them out,  eventually you would cut corners and be right where BK is, and some others I will forget to mention on purpose due to this thread being about BK auto and Jeff's journey.
Now if you really are willing to fully restore a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T and sell it for $35k, then I would ask you go ahead and pick up some current articles from the year 2005 on up and take a look at what one of these should go for fully restored like you are claiming you do. Once again, I'm being a jerk but $35k for what you are saying you do to these car is not possible in this day and age and still be able to make ends meet unless you are already Donald Trump and just don't care about money or you are a philanthropist, in which case I applaud you. I think my point is made.

Oh and one more thing, next time please read the entire thread from start to finish before you sh@# all over somebody, thanks. :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dkn1997

enough of this kum bay yah lovefest...let's hear about the next phase of your project jeff!

Revenge, Retribution, Justice!!  Am I right to assume that you are not done putting this story out there?  Or are you just happy enough that's it's done and willing to let bygones be bygones?
RECHRGED

MoparManJim

Quote from: mopar01 on October 03, 2009, 08:42:03 AM
For $70,000 G's You can build 2 of these cars. I would have took him to court bottom line!!!  If it's not a real R/T than you'll never see your investment back. I build General Lee's here that I would have sold you one for $35,000. finished.  This is the first General Lee I rebuilt from a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T from California in 1996. I have another that is 70% completed & another going in the paint shop in 2 weeks. Check out the picture of the finished car.

Dude, I have no idea where the heck you got your info about your door numbers but they are off.  ::)
The trim around the side markers for the ones on the show was orange.

The car looks good though.

jb666

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 03, 2009, 12:28:31 PM
enough of this kum bay yah lovefest...let's hear about the next phase of your project jeff!

Revenge, Retribution, Justice!!  Am I right to assume that you are not done putting this story out there?  Or are you just happy enough that's it's done and willing to let bygones be bygones?

Bygones be bygones? Hell no... That's something someone else might do, but I'm far from done...  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thanks, Mike!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: captnsim on October 03, 2009, 11:33:21 AM

pg 89 of this tread...  :nana: You can get a remote mirror on Ebay.
Nice pics/vid's Jeff

Thank you!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

hemi-hampton

Mopar01 sez "I strip all my cars to bare metal, take all the parts off the car strip those as well with chemical stripper. I rest assure you that my restoration cars are not rotten to start with. The car you see int he picture was sold in 1999. Which I was the owner & builder. This is a true R/T car from California. I used por-15 for the for the restoration. Plus this car was on rotisserie. Now we are talking that this car was built in 1996. Sold due to Divorse. But This car was purchased in 1995 for only $5500.00 as well. The car was solid which sat in a garage in California amoung 6 other 1968 69 & 70 Dodge Chargers. This car was trailered from California to my location. Right now the car has a new owner which he has installed a 505 horsepower engine. These are the cars I rebuild. I am sorry you had to be taken from a con artist as most of these people on here don't care about doing cars the right way as long as they bring the buck! Here's an idea, I sold this car as you see in the picture without the big engine & less the wheels for $10,000.  Now I would wager that this car is better condition than the one you purchased for $70gs.."

SO, You buy a solid rustfree California R/T Charger for $5,500. And after Rotiserrie Restoring it you sell it for $10,000 :scratchchin:  This means you pay yourself only $4,500 for all your hardwork to do it right. Not sure that adds up in todays world :scratchchin: :shruggy:  LEON.

General_01

Leon, he pays himself even less. Remember the materials come out of that $4500 as well. :rofl:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ZSmithersCharges

Guys, he lives in ferry land don't take anything he says to heart.  Cocaine is a hell of a drug - Rick James  :smilielol:

BB1

He has his dream, why knock him around about what it cost. Make your car your own no matter the cost.
If we all look what we paid for cars and parts, we would all go nuts.

The alternative is let all the Chargers rust up and get junked.

It's the passion man nothing else matters.

Looks like the best done GL out there to me.  :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

jb666

Quote from: BB1 on October 04, 2009, 11:29:38 AM
He has his dream, why knock him around about what it cost. Make your car your own no matter the cost.

Wow.. Thank you very much!! And believe me, if someone takes the time to read this mega thread from page 1 and thinks that there wasn't a MASSIVE amount of work done to this car and still wants to say they can do it for $35k, so be it.. I know the truth.  :cheers: :cheers:

And that's just it, this is MY car.. Unique to an extent, but EXACTLY what I've always wanted, down to the metallic in the paint.. It's 100% ME.. I will cherish this thing for many many many years to come and the amount it cost to make it will never enter my head, because it has no bearing!!

Steve P.

Quote from: BB1 on October 04, 2009, 11:29:38 AM

I could not agree more......   :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

Thank you for putting up with the bs, I don't think there are to many folks out there that could put up with all you've been through.

That is something to admire.

Now go rip the tires off of it.  :drive:
Delete my profile

jb666

I will follow your orders to a T.. I'll have the car back home next weekend, if everything goes as planned and the rain stays away!! I am really looking forward to it.. Probably more than a 10 year old hyperactive kid looks forward to Santa coming down the chimney on Christmas!!!

jb666

Not sure how old this ad is, but I found this while searching around.. Funny, but they were/are using a picture(or two) of my car to advertise "new builds" for sale!!

http://www.moparbroker.com/cars/12/1969-dodge-charger-general-lee-for-sale.htm