News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 02, 2009, 05:38:32 PM
Jeff,
The car looks magnificent!  Nice job on the pictures and diggin' the backdrops, truck, broken fence etc..... You don't need me at all. :2thumbs:
Really looks great, I'm very happy for you.

Mike

Mike said it....the car looks fantastic !  :iagree:

Jeff, you should be proud and thrilled at the same time  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

jb666

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 04, 2009, 06:33:46 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on October 02, 2009, 05:38:32 PM
Jeff,
The car looks magnificent!  Nice job on the pictures and diggin' the backdrops, truck, broken fence etc..... You don't need me at all. :2thumbs:
Really looks great, I'm very happy for you.

Mike

Mike said it....the car looks fantastic !  :iagree:

Jeff, you should be proud and thrilled at the same time  :2thumbs:

Ron

I am, Ron.. Beyond words. This car, being finished, has kept a smile on my face since the Friday night it went to the car show (last weekend). It's a dream come true, for me.. How ironic, one of my biggest nightmares turned into an event like this  :lol:

68RRFlyer

Been following this since the first thread.  It's been quite a journey for you Jeff.  Sometimes misfortune actually turns out to be something positive in your life that words can't describe.  I hope that gives other that may have something negative going on in their lives inspiration to see that, yes, things can change.  Way to go!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Cheers  :cheers:

Dave
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

jb666

Quote from: 68RRFlyer on October 05, 2009, 08:04:33 AM
Been following this since the first thread.  It's been quite a journey for you Jeff.  Sometimes misfortune actually turns out to be something positive in your life that words can't describe.  I hope that gives other that may have something negative going on in their lives inspiration to see that, yes, things can change.  Way to go!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Cheers  :cheers:

Dave

Thanks!!! The car's back at Jon's shop, as of yesterday.. He's working some of his finishing touch magic on the car (along with swapping out the valve body). Should be fun!!

jb666

Well, this has been a great week!!

The reverse manual valve body is done... Jon did that and a bunch of other things (pics to follow!!). He , as usual, did an awesome job on the car.. It's said to be running amazing (even better than before!!).

The guys at the shop put the new Mopar Tuff Wheel (XV) on today. The wheel that was on it had a huge offset and made it very difficult to get in/out of the car because of the bar.. It's all good now!!

Anyways, I got the call that I've been waiting for.. They want the car to go HOME THIS WEEKEND!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Mikepmcs .. The plug you sent me for the door panel (remote mirror plug) is mint! Chuck said to tell you "you are the man!!", and he wanted me to let you know that he ran your envelope through the shredder so your personal details are long gone.  :cheers: :cheers:

My Vette's going to be down there in storage for the winter, so it gives me my "excuse" to head down there and visit all the time! (like I NEEDED a reason). My visits to the body shop have been a highlight in my schedule for the past few months, these guys kick ass and I'm proud to call them my friends!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Now the real fun begins!  :woohoo:

skip68

:2thumbs:     :cheers:    Glad to see this coming to the end.    :cheers:     SWEEEEEEET!
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ZSmithersCharges

You know whats funny is BK Auto still has what I think to be a picture of your car on their website as one they "restored".  Hopefully its your cause if not that means they shammed someone else too. http://www.bkauto.net/

Oh my god and I love the pictures on the site with the front push bar being "leveled" hahahaha

Dave C

Jeff, I heard you were buying an A-Team van that BK built and getting a mohawk

jb666

Quote from: Dave C on October 07, 2009, 07:33:29 PM
Jeff, I heard you were buying an A-Team van that BK built and getting a mohawk

YES! You caught me!!!  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 07, 2009, 07:29:53 PM
You know whats funny is BK Auto still has what I think to be a picture of your car on their website as one they "restored".  Hopefully its your cause if not that means they shammed someone else too. http://www.bkauto.net/

Oh my god and I love the pictures on the site with the front push bar being "leveled" hahahaha

Yep, it's still up there!

Quote from: skip68 on October 07, 2009, 07:25:40 PM
:2thumbs:     :cheers:    Glad to see this coming to the end.    :cheers:     SWEEEEEEET!

Well it's ABOUT TIME you resurfaced!!!!  :icon_smile_cool:

bull

Here's a challenge for you. Sum this thread up in 15 words or less. ;D

jb666

Quote from: bull on October 07, 2009, 07:49:06 PM
Here's a challenge for you. Sum this thread up in 15 words or less. ;D

Oh man... here's my best shot.

Blind Dumbass buys car, got screwed,gets in too deep, rebuilds, lives happily ever after.

How's that?

bull

mikepmcs

:2thumbs: :cheers:
Agreed, the fellas at the shop are awesome.  You ain't so bad yourself mister! Good things happen to good people.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Steve P.

Bull, I can sum it up in ONE word...              ............. UNBELIEVABLE ...........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on October 07, 2009, 08:41:46 PM
Bull, I can sum it up in ONE word...              ............. UNBELIEVABLE ...........

:cheers: Now THAT just about sums it up from beginning to end.

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 07, 2009, 08:03:39 PM
:2thumbs: :cheers:
Agreed, the fellas at the shop are awesome.  You ain't so bad yourself mister! Good things happen to good people.

He's always watching, Mike  :icon_smile_big:

jb666

I was just talking to Jon.. He's funny, he says "I went to pull your car into the shop the other night. It was dark, I got in and though WHAT, NO LIGHTS??, then I remembered OH YEAH, THE DOME LIGHT IS A FIRE HAZARD BECAUSE OF THE ROLL BAR".  :rofl:

I'm supposed to be heading by the shop to take the car home tomorrow IF IT DOESN'T RAIN!!!

MoparManJim

If it doesn't rain?! what the heck is the car made out of... soap? :o

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 08, 2009, 08:06:51 PM

Ok, first you tell me you let people slide across your hood at car shows, now you want me to drive my freshly restored car (that is spotless right now) in the rain intentionally? What's next, jumping the ditch out behind the shop  :rofl:

Ain't gonna happen, bro!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on October 08, 2009, 08:08:26 PM

Ok, first you tell me you let people slide across your hood at car shows, now you want me to drive my freshly restored car (that is spotless right now) in the rain intentionally? What's next, jumping the ditch out behind the shop  :rofl:

I didn't say to let people slide across the hood num skull! :lol:

I just ask wht was your car made out of, I thought it was made out of metal and all was all, didn't know it was made out of soap.  :lol: 

What are you going to do when you take the car out to a car show and it say starts to rain while you are there? That be just like driving in rain  :shruggy: but only setting still though.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 08, 2009, 08:13:42 PM

I just ask wht was your car made out of, I thought it was made out of metal and all was all, didn't know it was made out of soap.  :lol: 

What are you going to do when you take the car out to a car show and it say starts to rain while you are there? That be just like driving in rain  :shruggy: but only setting still though.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on October 08, 2009, 08:24:30 PM
I love lamp !

CHUCK HAS RETURNED!! Life has been dull in your absence. You've been missing since what... Page 155?

Charger-Bodie

There is a big differance between a car geting wet sitting in the rainand driving on a dirty sloppy roadway. The dirty crap gets everywhere.

Its not about the car melting...Its about the week it takes to clean it back up!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 08, 2009, 08:34:03 PM

There is a big differance between a car geting wet sitting in the rainand driving on a dirty sloppy roadway. The dirty crap gets everywhere.

Its not about the car melting...Its about the week it takes to clean it back up!

No offense but isn't that our hobby? You fix it it breaks you clean it up it gets dirty.  You perfect it one day and the next its completely out of whack and your back to square one  :D I think men are so amused with women because they can never fully figure them out, I also believe this is the same reason we are so amused with cars.