News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 08, 2009, 08:34:03 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on October 08, 2009, 08:13:42 PM
Quote from: jb666 on October 08, 2009, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on October 08, 2009, 08:06:51 PM
If it doesn't rain?! what the heck is the car made out of... soap? :o

Ok, first you tell me you let people slide across your hood at car shows, now you want me to drive my freshly restored car (that is spotless right now) in the rain intentionally? What's next, jumping the ditch out behind the shop  :rofl:

Ain't gonna happen, bro!!

I didn't say to let people slide across the hood num skull! :lol:

I just ask wht was your car made out of, I thought it was made out of metal and all was all, didn't know it was made out of soap.  :lol: 

What are you going to do when you take the car out to a car show and it say starts to rain while you are there? That be just like driving in rain  :shruggy: but only setting still though.

There is a big differance between a car geting wet sitting in the rainand driving on a dirty sloppy roadway. The dirty crap gets everywhere.

Its not about the car melting...Its about the week it takes to clean it back up!

Heck, anytime you move a car, it will get dirty.  :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 08, 2009, 08:39:37 PM
yeah but to get it filthy on pupose?? I think not.

I have to agree.. I can't intentionally drive it KNOWING it's going to rain....

Not to mention, guys, before this gets out of control, that I have no wipers right now.. The motor is shot so I have to get a new one  :lol:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on October 08, 2009, 08:41:14 PM

Not to mention, guys, before this gets out of control, that I have no wipers right now.. The motor is shot so I have to get a new one  :lol:

No wiper motor and no blades? Jeff bud, thats not good, you do know this you might need them  :lol: if you are by chance out and about get cought by chance in the rain.  :lol:

skip68

You guys would kill me if you saw my car a few weeks ago.   :icon_smile_big:   I took it down an old dirt road called furnace creek rd in Death Valley Ca.   40-50 mph.   :yesnod:   It was nice and smooth and most of it was like powder.  I slid that car for 18 miles and had to stop a few times to let the dust settle.   My wife was pissed at how dirty it was.    :rotz:   Some spots all you saw was dirt and not the bright orange paint.   That was fun....   I still have cleaning to do inside and under.    :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 08, 2009, 08:48:19 PM
Quote from: jb666 on October 08, 2009, 08:41:14 PM

No wiper motor and no blades? Jeff bud, thats not good, you do know this you might need them  :lol: if you are by chance out and about get cought by chance in the rain.  :lol:

Well, there are arms/blades on the car now.. They've been finished and installed, but the motor is trash, so it's unhooked..

So, where's the best place to buy a (new) motor???

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: skip68 on October 08, 2009, 08:49:37 PM
You guys would kill me if you saw my car a few weeks ago.   :icon_smile_big:   I took it down an old dirt road called furnace creek rd in Death Valley Ca.   40-50 mph.   :yesnod:   It was nice and smooth and most of it was like powder.  I slid that car for 18 miles and had to stop a few times to let the dust settle.   My wife was pissed at how dirty it was.    :rotz:   Some spots all you saw was dirt and not the bright orange paint.   That was fun....   I still have cleaning to do inside and under.    :icon_smile_big:

Thats the best kind of dirty!  I guess these guys just dont understand, I have this weird obsession once I make something nice and perfect I HAVE to wear it out again it just makes me feel like im using it like I should and not taking advantage.  Whats the point of making something nice and being afraid to get it dirty if its just going to get dirty anyways from collecting dust in the garage, thats no fun... I collect my dirt in style  :drive:

K I'm done now you guys can flame me if you want it wasn't directed specifically at either of you, though you both could loosen up a little  :yesnod: It was more directed towards the people who build AMAZING STUNNING FANTASTIC FAST TUMMY TURNING, garage queens. Lol ok now that thats said feel free to tell me how you have spent more money on your car than I have on my house  and how you would like to protect your investment :smilielol:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 08, 2009, 09:06:31 PM

Thats the best kind of dirty!  I guess these guys just dont understand, I have this weird obsession once I make something nice and perfect I HAVE to wear it out again it just makes me feel like im using it like I should and not taking advantage.  Whats the point of making something nice and being afraid to get it dirty if its just going to get dirty anyways from collecting dust in the garage, thats no fun... I collect my dirt in style  :drive:

K I'm done now you guys can flame me if you want it wasn't directed specifically at either of you, though you both could loosen up a little  :yesnod: It was more directed towards the people who build AMAZING STUNNING FANTASTIC FAST TUMMY TURNING, garage queens. Lol ok now that thats said feel free to tell me how you have spent more money on your car than I have on my house  and how you would like to protect your investment :smilielol:

That may be true.....My cars get dirty,but I dont get them dirty for fun. They get dirty while Im having fun.

Im still not going to make it a dirty mess just so I can clean it. My biggest problem with that is I like a clean car , I just hate cleaning them!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 08, 2009, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 08, 2009, 09:06:31 PM

That may be true.....My cars get dirty,but I dont get them dirty for fun. They get dirty while Im having fun.

Im still not going to make it a dirty mess just so I can clean it. My biggest problem with that is I like a clean car , I just hate cleaning them!

Well of course or that would make you a woman  :rotz: I shouldn't have said that, im going to get kicked in the nuts hahaha I kidding I kidding have mercy!

Steve P.

I agree with NOT driving the beast in the rain. Getting caught in the rain is one thing, but having a choice and doing it is just nuts... Not just for the CLEANING thing, but your control and the LACK of control of others.  Keep in mind I live in Florida where it rains on nearly a daily basis. I see the wrecks ALL THE TIME. I was even in one years ago. I rear ended a brand spanking new GM that had better control than I did in an emergency stop. I was even on the brakes before her brake lights came on.

Yes, anti-lock brakes work GREAT on slippery roads...  :D

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ZSmithersCharges

Yeah but see you live in Florida I wouldn't drive there rain or shine Florida drivers are awful! :) your taking a risk just sitting in a parking lot with other motorists! And don't get me started on the old people! Here its a little bit safer to drive in the rain... And when its light rain there is no better feeling in the world than to drive down a country road with your arm out the window as the cool breeze flows through your hair with the droplets of water running down your arm as you cruise on through with the low roar of the engine filling in the silence.

jb666

Ok guys, without any further (rain) discussion, let me tell you I made it home with LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES to spare before the sky opened up.. But I made it!! And for some reason, in my area when rain OR snow start to fall, people instantly start driving like absolute idiots..

My review of Jon's car adjustments and reverse manual valve body? UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The car goes like a rocket. It's ultra responsive (as he said, like electronic fuel injection!) and it shifts like an animal... Instant, hard and fast!!  I am seriously considering getting a set of slicks and getting this up the track next year!!

So.... After 14 months of absolute Hell, THE GENERAL LEE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to drive the Hell out of it for the next month or so, but this is how he'll be sitting, nice and warm, with multiple cameras facing his hibernation cave...

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Thanks!! The guys put the new Mopar Tuff wheel in, too.. What a HUGE difference from the other wheel with the 10" offset and 20" diameter.

Ignore all of the sandblast dust on my mats that hasn't been vacuumed up yet.

b5blue

Good to see the General back at headquarters after a long tuff battle!  :2thumbs: The new wheel looks perfect. 

skip68

:cheers: :2thumbs:    Good for you Jeff.   Enjoy and be sure to post all burnout pics.   :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on October 09, 2009, 01:28:27 PM
:cheers: :2thumbs:    Good for you Jeff.   Enjoy and be sure to post all burnout pics.   :yesnod:

ALL of'em?? That'll take a while...

Go Hogs Go

Go Hogs!

mopar73

Great to see it home at last :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: I like the home security system, that thing rocks.  Are you worried that BK might come and steal it to resell as one of his restorations? :smilielol:

autodynamics

car looks great .....now you just need to drop it down a bit..... real sexi

Charger440RDN

The lifted stance in the back is perfect! That car is just begging to be taken to the track, best general I've seen so far.  :2thumbs:  :drool5:

jb666

Thanks guys!! Because of my headers/oil pan and road conditions in my area (not to mention the 18" hump at the top of my driveway) the stance has to be this way.. If I lowered it I'd be scraping and ripping things off...

Anyways, I just got back from the weekend. Closed up our summer place this weekend and was I ever itching to get home and drive the General today!! Tomorrow I have the day off and it's supposed to be gorgeous!!

I took these today because I forgot to show you guys the new valve covers.. Sorry for the crap camera phone shots..

skip68

WTF ! ! !   :rotz:     Those valve covers are gay Jeff.   :rotz:     You need to take those off and send them to me.   :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on October 11, 2009, 05:47:07 PM
WTF ! ! !   :rotz:     Those valve covers are gay Jeff.   :rotz:     You need to take those off and send them to me.   :2thumbs:

Sorry Chuck.. How about I just leave them bolted to the motor and send it to you? It'd be easier that way, and I'm tired.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Steve P.

Quote from: skip68 on October 11, 2009, 05:47:07 PM

Chuck, they will do you no good as they have to be bolted to something.  "Your dresser does NOT count".  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida