News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Quote from: skip68 on October 11, 2009, 05:47:07 PM
WTF ! ! !   :rotz:     Those valve covers are gay Jeff.   :rotz:     You need to take those off and send them to me.   :2thumbs:

Why? Are you gay?? Somebody should tell Lisa. I am sure Tufcat will tell her for you. :D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on October 11, 2009, 04:35:05 PM
Thanks guys!! Because of my headers/oil pan and road conditions in my area (not to mention the 18" hump at the top of my driveway) the stance has to be this way.. If I lowered it I'd be scraping and ripping things off...

Anyways, I just got back from the weekend. Closed up our summer place this weekend and was I ever itching to get home and drive the General today!! Tomorrow I have the day off and it's supposed to be gorgeous!!

I took these today because I forgot to show you guys the new valve covers.. Sorry for the crap camera phone shots..

You must not ever drive your Vette home...cause if anything was gonna bottum out...............
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

The Vette is NOT FUN to get into my driveway. I have to pull in completely sideways, and it still hits the undercarriage a bit.. I'm going to raise the Vette back to factory ride-height if we end up keeping it.

jb666

Well, today was (literally) a dream come true..

I got to drive my childhood dream(car) through my old neighborhood (where I grew up) and have a crowd of my old neighbors checking it out.. After that, we took it to a few shops that friends work at and let them look at it.. Nothing but smiles and compliments!!

The car runs like a dream. I took it by Jon's shop and he made a couple of slight carb adjustments, but all in all the thing is PERFECT. The power, the response, the waves/cheers while going down the road are awesome.

My wife says this "The next time I go out with you I'm going wear a neck brace and some Depends, because I got whiplash and almost wet my pants"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know what she's talking about I warned her ALMOST every time I was gonna hop on it!!!  :smilielol:

But this is what the term LIVING THE DREAM means... Beautiful day off, wife by my side, cruising the back roads during peak Foliage season in the car of my dreams. It don't get much better than this!!!!  :boogie:

ChgrSteve67

There is not much of a chance of keeping a low profile in that car.

I don't even think having bubble gum lights on the top could make it stand out any more unless it was at night.

I'm really glad you are having a good time with the General !
Now you just need to hook up with Mr. Angry on one of his cross country trips.

jb666

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on October 12, 2009, 03:44:15 PM
There is not much of a chance of keeping a low profile in that car.

I don't even think having bubble gum lights on the top could make it stand out any more unless it was at night.

I'm really glad you are having a good time with the General !
Now you just need to hook up with Mr. Angry on one of his cross country trips.

I don't think I could afford a cross country trip in this pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: jb666 on October 12, 2009, 03:18:55 PM
Well, today was (literally) a dream come true..

I got to drive my childhood dream(car) through my old neighborhood (where I grew up) and have a crowd of my old neighbors checking it out.. After that, we took it to a few shops that friends work at and let them look at it.. Nothing but smiles and compliments!!

The car runs like a dream. I took it by Jon's shop and he made a couple of slight carb adjustments, but all in all the thing is PERFECT. The power, the response, the waves/cheers while going down the road are awesome.

My wife says this "The next time I go out with you I'm going wear a neck brace and some Depends, because I got whiplash and almost wet my pants"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know what she's talking about I warned her ALMOST every time I was gonna hop on it!!!  :smilielol:

But this is what the term LIVING THE DREAM means... Beautiful day off, wife by my side, cruising the back roads during peak Foliage season in the car of my dreams. It don't get much better than this!!!!  :boogie:

Awesome!  :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Thanks, Mike!!

BTW, I meant to post the shots of Jon's car that I took today.. He won his class, for the 2nd year in a row this weekend.. 8.50's consistently(10" tires). This car is awesome!!

here's an original Shelby that the boys are working on.. Very cool car.

And here's a car, from a show Saturday, that we knew Frank(FLG) would love!

Troy

Quote from: jb666 on October 12, 2009, 05:17:07 PM
here's an original Shelby that the boys are working on.. Very cool car.

Just to clarify... that's a "continuation" Cobra - but I'd still love to have it!!!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Steve P.

I'd rather have the NOVA.........    :yesnod:

Those rear skins look wider than 10 inches though....   Hell, the wheels look like there's 10 inches to the face alone...  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Troy

There's someone on the planet the wants a Nova? :P I know Novas can be real fast but... eew. The Cobra's side oiler alone is cooler! Not to mention the shape (muscular curves vs big-box-with-little-box-stacked-on-top). I have to say I like that style better than the later Novas though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Steve P.

Troy, just look at the pic of my car on the left. I LIKE the shoe box look...  :2thumbs:

The same year Nova is sitting within a stones throw from my new house. It's a rag top and I would love to know how rare it is.  No time for stopping to see it or research though. Hell, no time for MY OWN CAR!!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on October 12, 2009, 09:20:58 PM

Those rear skins look wider than 10 inches though....   Hell, the wheels look like there's 10 inches to the face alone...  :2thumbs:

Someone can put this in a more technical term, I'm sure, but the '10" tire' is based on the contact patch to the ground.

:cheers:

chargergirl

Absolutely Beautiful...Handsome! Love your wife's comments...GREAT! You face has got to hurt from all the smiling you've done in the last few months. Now take down BK so they can't do this again. That ad stated the car was a creampuff dream car! If you look at the seats they show the "quality" of BK's shop.
Trust your Woobie!

b5blue

Steve P.

Quote from: jb666 on October 13, 2009, 05:12:07 AM

Someone can put this in a more technical term, I'm sure, but the '10" tire' is based on the contact patch to the ground.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

That is correct. I'm looking at these pics. and it looks to me like those tires and wheels are wider than 10 inch. We all know pictures lie. (See early pics of car in this topic). No biggie....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

Quote from: b5blue on October 13, 2009, 08:52:09 AM
One of my first cars was a rag top Nova sold up by you Steve  :scratchchin:

This one is unrestored. Red/Black drop top.  Just sitting and sometimes being used as a work bench.  :rotz:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on October 13, 2009, 10:05:00 AM

That is correct. I'm looking at these pics. and it looks to me like those tires and wheels are wider than 10 inch. We all know pictures lie. (See early pics of car in this topic). No biggie....

The rims are 15X14". You use the wide rim to stretch the tire out and make full contact. It's what all the 10.5 tire cars have.

The tires are 33X10.5" (tread).

:cheers: Pictures are deceiving, you're right.. The things look huge!

mopar_nut_440_6

I may have missed a page or two in your thread but do you have any pics and specs of the engine?

The car looks great. Super job!  :drool5:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

mikepmcs

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on October 15, 2009, 10:19:20 AM
I may have missed a page or two in your thread but do you have any pics and specs of the engine?

FIRE BREATHING DRAGON.  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on October 15, 2009, 10:19:20 AM

The car looks great. Super job!  :drool5:

Sure, I'll dig up some specs for you.. But the quick run-down is that it's a 472 Crate Hemi. I was told it was shipped from Mancini to an "engine builder", who put a cam in it and shipped it off to BK. So far, everyone that's heard/felt/worked on it agrees that the cam is monstrous.. The only thing is, there's NO DETAILED INFORMATION on what was/wasn't done to this.. Hence the reason I was going to have Jon pull it and tear into it.. But we scrapped that idea when we felt how amazing this thing went... I'm gonna drive the Hell out of it, enjoy it, and not worry about who put what inside. It's passed the leakdown/compression test with flying colors, and everything else has been checked out (short of pulling the motor).

Here are a couple of quick shots, with the new valve covers on. Jon had to modify these to fit. He also had to install the breathers and the PVC valve in the passenger's side filler cap..

These shots were taken on my IPhone, please excuse the poor quality.

It certainly isn't this $10k+ 100% Billet block  :o

But it runs incredible and goes like Hell!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty pumped.. Tomorrow at 10AM I have a 30 year veteran appraiser coming to my house to do a full top to bottom appraisal of my car.. Then the value will be adjusted and the insurance will cover me 100%.. I figure at this point I'd rather be SAFE THAN SORRY... Right Chuck!!!!!  :flush:

jb666

Well,the appraiser just left.. I was very pleased, because he said in his 30  years of appraising, this was one of the nicest paint jobs he's seen in person. He kept saying "my camera won't capture the depth and beauty of this paint!! I wish I had sunlight and a nicer setup!!".  Several others have commented that their cameras wouldn't get the metallics and the depth of the paint...

All in all, the #'s he gave me blew my mind.. The car went from looking like it went through a cheese grater to something with some REALLY nice value. All thanks to the skill of a small group of people!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: jb666 on October 16, 2009, 09:25:45 AM
Well,the appraiser just left.. I was very pleased, because he said in his 30  years of appraising, this was one of the nicest paint jobs he's seen in person. He kept saying "my camera won't capture the depth and beauty of this paint!! I wish I had sunlight and a nicer setup!!".  Several others have commented that their cameras wouldn't get the metallics and the depth of the paint...

Glad to hear that it was very positive news on the value front.

On another note, now I have to photograph the car. I like a good challenge. :icon_smile_big:
Joking aside, the paint on your Charger is phenomenal! :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 16, 2009, 01:00:44 PM
Quote from: jb666 on October 16, 2009, 09:25:45 AM

Glad to hear that it was very positive news on the value front.

On another note, now I have to photograph the car. I like a good challenge. :icon_smile_big:
Joking aside, the paint on your Charger is phenomenal! :2thumbs:

Thanks Mike!! I just had a guy come down fro upstate NY to see the car.. He drove 4 hours "just for the Hell of it". He's standing there, checking it out, and he says "Oh my God, wow! Did you know this paint has METALLIC in it!?!?". Gee, no, I didn't  :rofl:

I love the different reactions, though... I can't wait for you to see this thing, Mike...

When you coming down????