News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

This weekend is a bust.  Gonna take my buddy's daughter(middle 16yo) photo chasing tomorrow.  She wants to be a photographer so I'm taking her to the local place they call hobbitland(Vaughn Woods), I'm actually honored she asked me to teach her how to "take pictures" as she puts it....then Sunday taking his youngest(15yo, my goddaughter) shopping in Freeport Maine. She remembers me taking her a year ago and that is all she talks about is her and I going shopping.  These girls need some better entertainment other than hanging out with their old crusty Uncle Mike.   :lol:
It's getting colder and I need to start getting the truck/plow/house etc.... ready to go. We'll see what the week has to bring, maybe the 24th(sat) if the weather coops. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FLG

Dont leave me out of that one mike and jeff. Either one of you shoot me a text or call...i want to see the damn car too  :RantExplode:

d/ur/t

Thank god someone finaly got a GL painted the right colour.I couldn't imagine owning such a lovely car and having to tell people it was chevy orange {whatever it was}.Love to see that car in person jeff any chance you can sponsor me bus fare.lol

Credit to the guys hope my 70 looks half as good.

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 16, 2009, 05:34:23 PM
This weekend is a bust.  Gonna take my buddy's daughter(middle 16yo) photo chasing tomorrow.  She wants to be a photographer so I'm taking her to the local place they call hobbitland(Vaughn Woods), I'm actually honored she asked me to teach her how to "take pictures" as she puts it....then Sunday taking his youngest(15yo, my goddaughter) shopping in Freeport Maine. She remembers me taking her a year ago and that is all she talks about is her and I going shopping.  These girls need some better entertainment other than hanging out with their old crusty Uncle Mike.   :lol:
It's getting colder and I need to start getting the truck/plow/house etc.... ready to go. We'll see what the week has to bring, maybe the 24th(sat) if the weather coops. :2thumbs:

Mike. I've been telling you for months that you have an eye for awesome pictures , and the equipment to TAKE them.. So use both of those things.  :cheers: :cheers: I look forward to you coming down.. ANY TIME!!

Quote from: FLG on October 16, 2009, 11:20:32 PM
Dont leave me out of that one mike and jeff. Either one of you shoot me a text or call...i want to see the damn car too  :RantExplode:

Don't worry Frank, we won't!!!

Quote from: d/ur/t on October 17, 2009, 06:57:50 AM
Thank god someone finaly got a GL painted the right colour.I couldn't imagine owning such a lovely car and having to tell people it was chevy orange {whatever it was}.Love to see that car in person jeff any chance you can sponsor me bus fare.lol

Credit to the guys hope my 70 looks half as good.

Thank you!! I have ALWAYS loved Hemi Orange.. I couldn't do this any other way , even if it wasn't "right".  :lol: I just couldn't paint my Charger CORVETTE FLAME RED, or what ever it is....

jb666

Ok guys, before I list this in the swap meet room (and other places) does anyone here have any interest in this wheel??

I know they go for good $$, but I'm just looking to give someone a good deal. PM me if you're interested. I'm not looking to turn a profit from anyone here, and I figure it can go to a good home.. It's brand new!!

RamchargerMopar

ok tried to pm you but the box is full  :brickwall:. How much I am very interested.
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Ok guys.. Good news and bad news..

Bad news, last night I posted that about the wheel then went out for a while.. I came back to 10 messages.. I replied to the first person on the list, Captnsm, and he promptly paid for the wheel, so it's sold...

Good news -- Today I'll be sorting through my large box of extra parts... These will all be free. You pay for shipping, nothing else...  Stay tuned...  :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 16, 2009, 05:34:23 PM
This weekend is a bust.  Gonna take my buddy's daughter(middle 16yo) photo chasing tomorrow.  She wants to be a photographer so I'm taking her to the local place they call hobbitland(Vaughn Woods), I'm actually honored she asked me to teach her how to "take pictures" as she puts it....then Sunday taking his youngest(15yo, my goddaughter) shopping in Freeport Maine. She remembers me taking her a year ago and that is all she talks about is her and I going shopping.  These girls need some better entertainment other than hanging out with their old crusty Uncle Mike.   :lol:

Mike -- I've been meaning to put up a pic of the door with your plug installed. Thanks again for sending this to me!!!!!

Mike, do you have an ideas, besides the random HEY LOOK I GOT IT! mistake picture, how to capture the metallics in the paint?? If so, when you come, make sure you load up all the good equipment...

mikepmcs

Jeff , besides a wicked bright day with the light in just the right place or parking your car near water so the reflection will help shine even more light on it, all's I can suggest is let me take multiple exposures from light to dark and map it out to see what happens. :icon_smile_big:
Quick example below. This is Beer's car prior to any wet sanding or buffing.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

mikepmcs

Yes and no.  I added nothing to the picture but took multiple exposures to gather every tone I could possibly get. Combined all the pictures in to one picture. It's called tone mapping.

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 18, 2009, 08:27:55 PM
Yes and no.  I added nothing to the picture but took multiple exposures to gather every tone I could possibly get. Combined all the pictures in to one picture. It's called tone mapping.

That is incredible. Were you set up on a tripod so that you could overlap each picture on top of the next perfectly??

mikepmcs

I'll never tell.  Ok, yes, also remote shutter release as well.   :icon_smile_big: The camera ain't movin a lick.
I've done up to 14 exposures for one picture. Here's a quick example.(it's not the 14 exposure one  :P)

jb666

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

OK Mike , get'cher ass down here before it snows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

FLG

Dude you BETTER make sure im there too. Ill be bringing the mopar too!!

Mike pics are AWESOME!!!

jb666

Quote from: FLG on October 18, 2009, 11:53:31 PM
Dude you BETTER make sure im there too. Ill be bringing the mopar too!!

Mike pics are AWESOME!!!

Frank, I just got your message(s). I'll give you a holler in a bit.. Friday is the better day, then I have an all day car show to be at on Sunday, which is about 15 minutes from Chuck's shop. I'll be there 8AM-3PM weather permitting..  Saturday's going to be a TOTAL wash out again... Are you around Friday or Sunday?

FLG

Friday might work out...broke a u joint today (yea AGAIN!) im thinking my driveline is a little off or the u-joint was crap (just might have been).

Any way possible we can do this closer to me? I dread making the trip as ive had some small issues with the car and dont feel like pushing my luck.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on October 21, 2009, 06:56:33 PM
Friday might work out...broke a u joint today (yea AGAIN!) im thinking my driveline is a little off or the u-joint was crap (just might have been).

Any way possible we can do this closer to me? I dread making the trip as ive had some small issues with the car and dont feel like pushing my luck.

Sure. Where are you thinking? If that's the case it'll have to be Friday , because Sunday I'll be tied up all day.

FLG

Got no idea, whats mike cool with?

Would love ya guys to come down to brooklyn (car show on friday) but that trip might be a little much with those gears.

jb666

Yeah, I'd say so.. I'm still breaking the car in, I only have about 3 hours total driving time since it's been finished, and I've hesitated on taking it 15 miles away on the highway to a show because I'd like to break it in slowly...... Just to know it'll be as reliable as I'm hoping!! (Some call it paranoia)

b5blue

jb666

Quote from: b5blue on October 21, 2009, 07:49:01 PM
More like "common sense" after what you have been through!  :2thumbs:

Yeah, that's more like it.. The farthest I've been is 10 miles out on back roads... 

mikepmcs

Quote from: FLG on October 21, 2009, 07:22:05 PM
Got no idea, whats mike cool with?

Would love ya guys to come down to brooklyn (car show on friday) but that trip might be a little much with those gears.

Mike's not going anywhere for a bit.  I've got some serious truck issues I'm dealing with and that equals no money for anything fun right now.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Stretch

J.B.666 kudos to you from Michigan's Upper Peninsula. You sure stick to your guns. Your General really does have a "Cult" fallowing. I'm glad to see it's done and now you can enjoy it. If you ever decide to road trip that thing through Michigan's U.P. I would love to meet the man behind the car and shake your hand.

The skilled people you found to work on it are truly amazing. I work in an auto repair shop and I see all kinds of hackwork everyday. I have no idea how people can let shady work out of their shops and still sleep at night. There is no way I ever could. Perhaps that is why my shop is as busy as it is.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Neal_J

Just curious, is BK still alive or did Roscoe "cuff 'em & stuff 'em"?