News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on October 18, 2009, 09:48:59 AM
Good news -- Today I'll be sorting through my large box of extra parts... These will all be free. You pay for shipping, nothing else...  Stay tuned...  :cheers:

:popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ZSmithersCharges

Well I think the frowny face on this thread has run its course, "Its time to turn that frown UPSIDE DOWN"  :icon_smile_big: The trouble is in the past now you should rename it Jb's saga or something  :nana:

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 22, 2009, 05:39:29 AM
Quote from: FLG on October 21, 2009, 07:22:05 PM
Got no idea, whats mike cool with?

Would love ya guys to come down to brooklyn (car show on friday) but that trip might be a little much with those gears.

Mike's not going anywhere for a bit.  I've got some serious truck issues I'm dealing with and that equals no money for anything fun right now.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Sorry you're having some problems right now, Mike.. I'm really itching for you to see this thing before winter because of your "history" with it.

Quote from: Stretch on October 22, 2009, 04:15:54 PM
J.B.666 kudos to you from Michigan's Upper Peninsula. You sure stick to your guns. Your General really does have a "Cult" fallowing. I'm glad to see it's done and now you can enjoy it. If you ever decide to road trip that thing through Michigan's U.P. I would love to meet the man behind the car and shake your hand.

The skilled people you found to work on it are truly amazing. I work in an auto repair shop and I see all kinds of hackwork everyday. I have no idea how people can let shady work out of their shops and still sleep at night. There is no way I ever could. Perhaps that is why my shop is as busy as it is.

Hey, that's very nice of you to say.. Thank you!!  Maybe some day we could meet up and you can see it in person.  

The people who worked on my car , all the way from Jon's endless weeks of work and Chuck & B's time spent on the car were amazing.. This car went from a total joke, to the sandblaster's shop where it emerged looking like swiss cheese (where I ALMOST threw in the towel, but the guys wouldn't let me!) to something that has some serious value.. You have no idea how that makes me feel. Jon, Chuck & Big B are MY definition of a "hero", because they all played a part in making my dream become a reality.

Quote from: Neal_J on October 22, 2009, 05:25:35 PM
Just curious, is BK still alive or did Roscoe "cuff 'em & stuff 'em"?

Honestly, I don't know.. They have no reputation (online) and are in a world of legal problems (some they may not even know about yet). If they are around to screw another person down the road, it's obviously someone who didn't take the time to GOOGLE BK Auto...  :brickwall: .. But this thread has done it's job and served an incredible purpose.  :2thumbs: Thanks for sticking thru this from beginning to end though, Neal.. As frustrating/useless as it may have seemed, at times, I'm proud to say the car survived it's journey and will forever be in my possession!!

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 22, 2009, 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: jb666 on October 18, 2009, 09:48:59 AM
Good news -- Today I'll be sorting through my large box of extra parts... These will all be free. You pay for shipping, nothing else...  Stay tuned...  :cheers:

:popcrn:

the wife JUST told me "get the box of Charger parts out of my Navigator please!!". I'm off tomorrow, I'll be sorting it out and taking pics. I will post them here, and can start shipping parts out on Monday. Stay tuned.

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 22, 2009, 07:28:11 PM
Well I think the frowny face on this thread has run its course, "Its time to turn that frown UPSIDE DOWN"  :icon_smile_big: The trouble is in the past now you should rename it Jb's saga or something  :nana:

Truer words have never been spoken, my friend...

I got my full appraisal delivered today.. When I opened it and read it I realized this really WAS over.. It exceeded my expectations .

The wife and I went to a huge car show tonight, by Gillette Stadium (Home of the NE Patriots). I didn't get out of work until 5PM and got there around 5:30. It was dark 10 minutes later, and people were filing out of there.. I'd have brought the General but I knew I wouldn't make it in time... So I'm really looking forward to Sunday's show. I'll be there at 8AM and will stay till 3PM!!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: jb666 on October 22, 2009, 07:54:43 PM
Well I think the frowny face on this thread has run its course, "Its time to turn that frown UPSIDE DOWN"  :icon_smile_big: The trouble is in the past now you should rename it Jb's saga or something  :nana:

I got my full appraisal delivered today.. When I opened it and read it I realized this really WAS over.. It exceeded my expectations .

The wife and I went to a huge car show tonight, by Gillette Stadium (Home of the NE Patriots). I didn't get out of work until 5PM and got there around 5:30. It was dark 10 minutes later, and people were filing out of there.. I'd have brought the General but I knew I wouldn't make it in time... So I'm really looking forward to Sunday's show. I'll be there at 8AM and will stay till 3PM!!

Remember to take the camera and plenty of snacks and drinks cause at show prices a man could go broke   :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 22, 2009, 08:21:36 PM

Remember to take the camera and plenty of snacks and drinks cause at show prices a man could go broke   :cheers:

You're assuming that I'm not already broke because of this car  :lol:

I'll be gnawing on a chunk of Styrofoam washing it down with rain water.  :cheers:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: jb666 on October 22, 2009, 08:23:35 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 22, 2009, 08:21:36 PM

You're assuming that I'm not already broke because of this car  :lol:

I'll be gnawing on a chunk of Styrofoam washing it down with rain water.  :cheers:

Just needs a dash of salt  :2thumbs:

Stretch

Does anyone know if the owner of the TA. Was found. I can't recall the year of it but it was blue and had some sort of political reference decals on it. Just curious to see how bad that guy got hosed or if he even knows yet. Or perhaps that is the one car BK did correctly. (Yah right)...
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

jb666

Here's the first group of things that are on the chopping block... Misc arm rests... Free of charge... Need to be dyed.

Neal_J

Jeff:

It's great that you're spreading the love with the leftover parts.

If these are old BK parts, I think we need some sort of exorcism to shed the bad part-karma.  We need to sacrifice a chicken or a virgin or something.  I don't have a chicken. Where's Cody?

skip68

Bad parts karma indeed.   I know this happened to Neal and it's "NOT" cool to take advantage of a members generosity.   :slap:    These guys and all others here that have worked hard to build their cars and are giving extras to help others should NOT be taken advantage of.    :rotz:   As soon as you post the gears and suregrip Jeff, I'll take them.   :icon_smile_big: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Neal_J

Actually Chuck, I meant it in a totally different way.  I'm suggesting that the bad part-karma would eminate from their exposure to BK's shop.  Hahaha.  

But thanks for remembering the bad part-recipient karma, though.  Yours was a good reminder that Jeff and others are very generous to offer their leftovers to other Charger brothers.  While I'm sure it will come full circle for that individual one day, but for me, it's far outweighed by the good karma received from other recipients.  

Way to pay it forward, Jeff.

Here's a smilie for you, Chuck:   :cheers:

skip68

Oops.  The BK karma is bad for sure.   I just saw bad parts karma and remembered that you got screwed on some seat cushions or something.  :rotz:      Jeff, can you put all the junk that was removed from your car in a pile and post a picture of it ?    I would love to see (and I'm sure others would) how much is there. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on October 23, 2009, 12:04:58 PM
Oops.  The BK karma is bad for sure.   I just saw bad parts karma and remembered that you got screwed on some seat cushions or something.  :rotz:      Jeff, can you put all the junk that was removed from your car in a pile and post a picture of it ?    I would love to see (and I'm sure others would) how much is there. 

I can definitely do that!! You should see the pile of crap "metal" (and I use the term loosely) beside my garage...  :hah:

Quote from: Neal_J on October 23, 2009, 11:52:51 AM
Actually Chuck, I meant it in a totally different way.  I'm suggesting that the bad part-karma would eminate from their exposure to BK's shop.  Hahaha. 

But thanks for remembering the bad part-recipient karma, though.  Yours was a good reminder that Jeff and others are very generous to offer their leftovers to other Charger brothers.  While I'm sure it will come full circle for that individual one day, but for me, it's far outweighed by the good karma received from other recipients. 

Way to pay it forward, Jeff.

Here's a smilie for you, Chuck:   :cheers:

hey, thanks! I give you the credit, though.. You sparked the idea, and I ran with it.  I found the other armrest in another box, so it's a set of (4) , front and rear. Not the greatest, because they need to be redyed, but not trash either.

Once those are gone, I have a slew of chrome trim (that reminds me, I have some here for you Chuck, send me an email please) , marker lights, misc hardware, etc...

jb666

And, I wouldn't be my old post-whoring picture-crazed self if I didn't post a couple shots I took today.. Nice overcast days like this really seem to make the colors pop.  My "Daisy Duke" is sitting in the car, ignoring me   :lol:

Dans 68

Nice background! The car is looking fantastic. So, why didn't the Mrs. look up at the camera for the photos? She probably knows that there is a "Chicks on Chargers" thread, right?   ;)  With what you've gone through and the obvious support from your wife ("get the box of Charger parts out of my Navigator please!!" quote notwithstanding.... :smilielol:) she is a keeper too.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

jb666

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 23, 2009, 02:31:03 PM
Nice background! The car is looking fantastic. So, why didn't the Mrs. look up at the camera for the photos? She probably knows that there is a "Chicks on Chargers" thread, right?   ;)  With what you've gone through and the obvious support from your wife ("get the box of Charger parts out of my Navigator please!!" quote notwithstanding.... :smilielol:) she is a keeper too.

Dan

:lol: She'd love that! (If she was expecting it). As for the box of parts, well, I left one key part out.. I had about 15 pcs of trim that were about 5' long taking up two full rows of her seats  :rofl: , a HUGE brown box (4'X3' wide) and a blue Tupperware container full of crap......  :icon_smile_big:

Dave C

Enough of the still shots, lets see some with that bitch in the air  :2thumbs:

jb666

ZSmithersCharges

Bluestar

Is that the Battleship Massachusetts in Fall River?  And if so, how di you convince them to let you drive up next to it?

Looks great regardless.

jb666

Quote from: Bluestar on October 23, 2009, 06:25:09 PM
Is that the Battleship Massachusetts in Fall River?  And if so, how di you convince them to let you drive up next to it?

Looks great regardless.

No, although I've been there.. This was the USS Salem in Quincy. It's been docked there for years, and every October it's a "Haunted ship". I don't have to ask, the ship isn't protected in any way.

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 23, 2009, 04:33:19 PM
Saw the new pictures shes B E A U TIFUL! I like the  :icon_smile_big:
:cheers: Thanks!!! BTW, it's a HE!!  :nana:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: jb666 on October 23, 2009, 06:55:02 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 23, 2009, 04:33:19 PM
Saw the new pictures shes B E A U TIFUL! I like the  :icon_smile_big:
:cheers: Thanks!!! BTW, it's a HE!!  :nana:

Didn't know you swing that way I know a couple guys if your interested :D Just kidding. Yeah yeah yeah I know General Lee was a guy and that would make a crummy girls name blah blah blah I already tried to get my girl friend to agree to it anyways if we have a daughter :smilielol:

Also just kidding, no rug rats for me! :rotz:

Steve P.

[/quote]

Didn't know you swing that way I know a couple guys if your interested :smilielol:

[/quote]

He may swing, but I bet not THAT way...........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nh_mopar_fan

jb666

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 24, 2009, 10:07:10 AM
What a long strange (and expensive) trip it's been.

Congrats!

You can say that again.

Thank you!

As for what's happened/happening to BK, well I guess I should say at this point that I don't really care. THEY built the original car that was a total POS. THEY screwed Brian, and in turn, good old Brian Erdman screwed me. My real beef here is with Brian , and this has gone so far beyond "small claims court" that when he gets notified of what's going on he's going to fall on the floor and wish he never got involved with this car in the first place. HIS beef is what he paid BK to build the rolling toilet that they assembled.

As far as their reputation? Anyone that can Google can see what they are all about. This thread has done it's job 1,000,000X over. It's made people aware of what BK AUTO makes. CRAP. Can they make a nice car? Anyone that can take the time to make such an extreme shitbox can DEFINITELY put their time/effort/skill into making something nice. Hopefully , if Thomas ever decides to build cars that he's going to sell, he's cleaned his act up, or there will be someone after me posting another horror story like this one.

I have no idea what happened to the Trans Am that BK "built", but judging by the build pictures, I can definitely say they did NOT do it "right"... But again, if the owner is happy, more power to him...

Quote from: Steve P. on October 24, 2009, 01:18:53 AM

Didn't know you swing that way I know a couple guys if your interested :smilielol:
[/quote]

He may swing, but I bet not THAT way...........
[/quote]