News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Looks nice Jeff.   Now, about that HEMI....  Can I have it now ? ? ? ? ?    :-*
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on November 08, 2009, 01:12:43 AM
Looks nice Jeff.   Now, about that HEMI....  Can I have it now ? ? ? ? ?    :-*

Will you stop it! You're like the little kid sitting in the back seat yelling "Are we there yet?!?!"  :brickwall: :icon_smile_big:

BTW, just got my truck back from installing almost 10" of lift, and took this aerial photo today (from my 3rd floor deck w/zoom).

Eh, Just bored I guess  :lol:

MoparManJim

The charger is looking down right great man!  :coolgleamA: 

I also like the look's of your truck to with that hight. The tires set it off nice I might add  :2thumbs:

teamroth

Love that shot Jeff! The car looks great. The truck ain't too bad either.....for a chevy..lol
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on November 09, 2009, 09:49:31 PM
Love that shot Jeff! The car looks great. The truck ain't too bad either.....for a chevy..lol

Well, I came to the conclusion tonight that I'm either:

A. Seriously overcompensating for something (think about the stereotypes with the Vettes & Trucks with big tires)

Or

B. I'm one of the biggest rednecks in the NorthEast... 

:popcrn:

Charger440RDN

Quote from: jb666 on November 07, 2009, 06:49:31 PM
What a day!!

What a ride!!

But OH, what an ass!!

I love this car from every angle, but there's something about the way it looks from behind!!

:o

It's the sunken rear window, plus the wide hips  :yesnod: nothing else like it on the road.

jb666

Quote from: Charger440RDN on November 09, 2009, 09:54:01 PM
What a day!!

What a ride!!

But OH, what an ass!!

I love this car from every angle, but there's something about the way it looks from behind!!

It's the sunken rear window, plus the wide hips  :yesnod: nothing else like it on the road.

There sure isn't.. One of the sexiest cars on the road, IMO  :Twocents:

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on November 09, 2009, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: teamroth on November 09, 2009, 09:49:31 PM

Well, I came to the conclusion tonight that I'm either:

A. Seriously overcompensating for something (think about the stereotypes with the Vettes & Trucks with big tires)

Or

B. I'm one of the biggest rednecks in the NorthEast... 

:popcrn:

It's up for debate.... :smilielol:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

d/ur/t

Quote from: jb666 on November 09, 2009, 05:09:48 PM

Will you stop it! You're like the little kid sitting in the back seat yelling "Are we there yet?!?!"  :brickwall: :icon_smile_big:

BTW, just got my truck back from installing almost 10" of lift, and took this aerial photo today (from my 3rd floor deck w/zoom).

Eh, Just bored I guess  :lol:

jeff you f'd up man the truck should be on it's guts dude like 16inches lower.I got that from my 17 year old.it's all the rage.lol

The70RT

Damn Chuck.....what did you do for Jeff through this ordeal anyway? You seem pretty persistent  :laugh:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: d/ur/t on November 10, 2009, 11:58:58 PM

jeff you f'd up man the truck should be on it's guts dude like 16inches lower.I got that from my 17 year old.it's all the rage.lol

Nah man, I really don't like the lowered look on trucks.. I had a 1996 Dodge Indy Ram that I built up nicely... But when I had a 6" drop kit put in it KILLED the ride, and I got rid of the truck.. I still regret that....

I even painted my 'Maro to match..

So... No more lowered trucks for me.. I'll take my two redneck mobiles any day  :lol:

Quote from: The70RT on November 11, 2009, 01:02:04 PM

Damn Chuck.....what did you do for Jeff through this ordeal anyway? You seem pretty persistent  :laugh:

Chuck's always looking for hand outs. Isn't enough I named my daughter after him.. Poor little girl's gotta go through life being called CHUCK, but that's still not enough  :brickwall:

Back N Black

Quote from: jb666 on November 11, 2009, 06:03:08 PM

Nah man, I really don't like the lowered look on trucks.. I had a 1996 Dodge Indy Ram that I built up nicely... But when I had a 6" drop kit put in it KILLED the ride, and I got rid of the truck.. I still regret that....

So... No more lowered trucks for me.. I'll take my two redneck mobiles any day  :lol:

Chuck's always looking for hand outs. Isn't enough I named my daughter after him.. Poor little girl's gotta go through life being called CHUCK, but that's still not enough  :brickwall:

You painted a Dodge and a Chevy with the same paint scheme? even Gay people would call that "Gay"  :D

FLG

LOL!!!

SHHHHH, he plans to do the same thing again with this chebby.... :pity:

The70RT

Quote from: FLG on November 11, 2009, 07:57:54 PM
LOL!!!

SHHHHH, he plans to do the same thing again with this chebby.... :pity:

You mean with an 01 right  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: jb666 on November 09, 2009, 09:57:40 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on November 09, 2009, 09:54:01 PM
What a day!!

What a ride!!

But OH, what an ass!!

There sure isn't.. One of the sexiest cars on the road, IMO  :Twocents:

Was there ever a doubt?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on November 11, 2009, 07:43:26 PM
Quote from: jb666 on November 11, 2009, 06:03:08 PM

So... No more lowered trucks for me.. I'll take my two redneck mobiles any day  :lol:

Damn Chuck.....what did you do for Jeff through this ordeal anyway? You seem pretty persistent  :laugh:

Chuck's always looking for hand outs. Isn't enough I named my daughter after him.. Poor little girl's gotta go through life being called CHUCK, but that's still not enough  :brickwall:

You painted a Dodge and a Chevy with the same paint scheme? even Gay people would call that "Gay"  :D

Eh, who cares what they'd call it, I thought it was cool  :lol: .. The Camaro was a different shade of Blue, and that was a factory paint job on the Dodge..   :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: d/ur/t on November 11, 2009, 11:50:44 PM
Must be turning that dodge is sweet. :smilielol:

if that's the case, there was a LOT of gay peeps out there cause when I was pulling that with the Dodge I got lots of cool comments...

Anyways, back on topic... Yes, I had a mullet when I owned the Blue car.. It just fit the image.

FLG

Hey Jeff,

You didnt have any affliations with "The Village People" did you??  :pity:

jb666

why yes, I do!! I know how eager you've been to meet the remaining members.. I'll hook you up!

jb666

Well, the BK curse continues!! (sort of). I haven't been able to cruise with the car for the past two weekends (last weekend's weather was awesome!) because the alternator died.. As did the one that came from Summit (March single wire high output serp pulley, so it's not an off the shelf unit). So I'm 0-2.   :brickwall: I had to drive home from Jon's shop last weekend with my jumper pack hooked up to the battery, in the trunk, because my volts dipped below 7...

I know most have put their cars away all ready, around here, but I don't see why.. No snow, no sale.. Perfect cruising temps..   :shruggy:

Oh well, the new alternator will be here on Tuesday (Summit was AWESOME with this exchange) and hopefully I'll get one last weekend before the snow starts to fall.

Steve P.

Jeff, did you bench test BOTH alternators??  There is a GREAT right up on auto electric written by a place called MAD AUTO ELECTRIC, (I think). I use to have the link but since all these problems with my computer I have lost everything. "AGAIN"...  :flame: :flame: :flame:
Do a google search for mad auto electric. Even if you don't follow their wiring advice it is a great read.  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on November 15, 2009, 10:03:38 PM
Jeff, did you bench test BOTH alternators??  There is a GREAT right up on auto electric written by a place called MAD AUTO ELECTRIC, (I think). I use to have the link but since all these problems with my computer I have lost everything. "AGAIN"...  :flame: :flame: :flame:
Do a google search for mad auto electric. Even if you don't follow their wiring advice it is a great read.  :2thumbs:

Hey Steve... Yep.. Both were tested. Alternator #1 has a bad regulator. Alternator #2 has a bad rotor. They were going to try to take parts from #1 to get #2 working, but I figured at that point I was pushing my luck and playing with fire, so I decided to use #2 as a backup (once it's rebuilt) and use the new unit.

The guy said the alternator I got from Summit was a "whore in a prom dress". Had "40 year old guts and a nice shiny case!".  :slap: But since Summit sent out the replacement at no cost to me, I have nothing to lose but time.

As for the wiring.. Jon's gone through it head to toe, and there's no one better than him, IMO, to do such a job. The guy can do what he did on my car in his sleep (based on some of the projects I've seen come out of his shop), so I have no doubts it's all fine.  :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

:scratchchin:   Soooooo,  any idea how much the shipping will be for the HEMI ?  I would like to have it before March if it's possible.   :2thumbs:   Thanks Jeff.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!