News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamroth

Quote from: skip68 on November 19, 2009, 09:23:28 PM
VegasMike calls me "Tink" because I keep messing with stuff and screw it up.  

Better than calling you Twink!   :hah: :icon_smile_wink:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Steve P.

"quote from CHUCK: VegasMike calls me "Tink" because I keep messing with stuff and screw it up."

Hey Chuck, I have known Vegas Mike his entire life and trust me when I say {He doesn't mean "TINK" is short for TINKER}.  More like :  TINKER BELL .......    :lol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MoparManJim

Quote from: Steve P. on November 20, 2009, 09:12:31 PM
"quote from CHUCK: VegasMike calls me "Tink" because I keep messing with stuff and screw it up."

Hey Chuck, I have known Vegas Mike his entire life and trust me when I say {He doesn't mean "TINK" is short for TINKER}.  More like :  TINKER BELL .......    :lol:

:smilielol:

jb666

And yes, my car's back for a short visit before going away for winter storage.. There were a few "things" I wanted done before it went away for the winter, and they squeezed me in.

What was funny (ok, not really) is JUST AS I PULLED into the shop's parking lot, I blew a gas line and was pissing fuel all over the place....  :brickwall:

jb666

Ok, I have to send out a big THANK YOU to Jon @ Tube Chassis. Through a friend, he got me a set of tail lights. This guy owns a junkyard, and has for a LONG TIME. A Charger came in to his yard in 1972, and he pulled these tail lights off and put them in storage.. Well, I had them handed to me yesterday and WOW is all i can say. They are dusty, but they are 100% BRAND NEW (OEM). It's like I walked into Dodge and bought a brand new set  :o

Not ONE imperfection.. In fact, the original gasket is still in perfect condition!!!!

And yes, I know they are from a '70, but they are mint, and they match!!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Indeed an awesome, AND EXTREMELY GENEROUS offering. I can't thank you enough  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Great score Jeff! Congrats! :2thumbs: Now your car won't be like mine (one '69- one '70) :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 22, 2009, 04:00:09 PM
Great score Jeff! Congrats! :2thumbs: Now your car won't be like mine (one '69- one '70) :lol:

No, but the bonus here?? You'll soon have a matching set of '69 tail lights with the one I'm gonna send you  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on November 22, 2009, 04:02:24 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 22, 2009, 04:00:09 PM

No, but the bonus here?? You'll soon have a matching set of '69 tail lights with the one I'm gonna send you  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Awesome! :) You've got a PM.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

FLG

Im getting the dang hemi...

Also i would like to point out this message that Chuck sent me

"Hey, Frank is it ?   I just want to say that I hope you enjoy that HEMI from Jeff.    Keep in mind that I can find you if I want.   icon_smile_cool    I know people....    nana   

Chuck........."

So now i have to deal with this. Im sorry but if i see anyone that looks like "Tinkerbell" im going WOT and not stopping   :flame:

skip68

:rofl:   OK FLG, fine !  So that's how it's going to be then.   You see Frank, I was going to get the HEMI from Jeff and make you a sweeeet deal on it.   But not now.   :nana:    Nice score on the tail lights.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

The image of Chuck in Green tights is scaring me... Or is that SCARRING me?? Either way... Something I don't want to think about.

I just spent the last 2 hours working in the garage.. My floor was poured years ago, and it's 4 individual "pads". Well, a couple of them have cracked (and made large gaping holes), so today I decided to do something about it since the car wouldn't be in it for a week or two.. I cleaned up and removed all of the loose concrete, mixed up some new stuff and went to town..

After that cures and dries 100% I'll start step one of the Rustoleum Garage Floor coating kit I got at HD tonight. Should look real nice by the time I'm done..

You'll laugh, but I'm putting a "Metalflake" touch to the final coat when I do it  :icon_smile_cool:

d/ur/t

Quote from: jb666 on November 19, 2009, 06:50:42 PM
Quote from: skip68 on November 19, 2009, 12:30:54 AM

tucked away for the winter.. Stay tuned.  :popcrn:
Jeff must be hard knowing you have to store the car for the winter.Our climate ranges from 10 to 35 all year round {10 being 10 above freezing} So would be excellent temp for car storage shame you couldn't send it on a holiday I realy needed a car for my Sons prom lucky found one two towns away and the owner towed it here for the night.Was awesome lapping round in a hemi 4 speed car {not factory of course} car was a roughie but tarted up nice.

jb666

Nah, I've kind of accepted (and gotten used to) it.. It's tough, the first couple of weeks, then you dig into your projects and the time goes by..

I still have to dynamat the interior, and that'll take some time, so I'll be glad to have some "down-time". After that, padding the bars inside will be a time consumer, because I want it to look perfect in there.

That said, COME ON APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve P.

Hey Jeff, you may want to start a new thread on doing your garage floor. Many of us have something like this in mind for future projects and would like a blow by blow on the good and the bad of these products... 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on November 23, 2009, 09:24:03 PM
Hey Jeff, you may want to start a new thread on doing your garage floor. Many of us have something like this in mind for future projects and would like a blow by blow on the good and the bad of these products... 

Sure, not a problem. I'm not enjoying this..  :lol: , I'll be chewing on cement dust for days. Next time I'll wear a dust mask. The cracks/holes are all filled in and smooth, and I've etched the floor.. I'll be moving on to the next step once the dust settles... Literally.

I am so glad the car is off-site.. I had no idea this would make such a mess.

jb666

Well, things are moving along.. I got the final coat on my floor last night. I'm pretty pleased with it.. My added touch of metal flake is pretty cool. The floor glistens like a diamond under the lights.....

And, to top it all off, I'll have my baby back hopefully next weekend where it'll sit for the next few months... Warm, comfortable and dry!!

As I said before, I just wanted the floor cleaned up (and patched up). I didn't expect 100% perfection.. But over-all I'm happy with the look.... This is a shot where you can see the speckle and the metallic flakes..

MoparManJim

ChgrSteve67

Looks good!

I did my garage 4 or 5 years ago.
Every garage I own will have this treatment.

Just watch yourself when it rains.
Since liquids pool on these floors you can end up on your butt.

My wife laughts now when I tell her I'm going out to mop the garage floor.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 28, 2009, 09:53:12 PM

I'd never have that problem.  ;)

jb666

Looks good!

So I've heard!! I added the "non-skid" to the formula for that very reason.. I tend to take diggers when I'm not paying attention.. It's the last thing I wanted.. This is fairly gritty!!

MoparManJim

You know, I could already see a wife asking her old man when he would limp in the door of the house "Honey, what happen to you, and why are you limpping for?" "garage floor, slippery when wet, and hard on a person's butt" he would reply.

Looks good!

jb666

Well, in my case, I'd walk in the house, limping,  and covered in glitter...

One of two things could have happened...

1.  I had a really rough night at the local strip club

2. I fell on my metal flake covered garage floor

Who's gonna believe #2!  :rofl: "honey, honest, I was just down rolling on the garage floor!!"

MoparManJim

I'd probably belive #1 :smilielol: 

Quote from: jb666 on November 28, 2009, 10:36:20 PM
Well, in my case, I'd walk in the house, limping,  and covered in glitter...

One of two things could have happened...

1.  I had a really rough night at the local strip club

2. I fell on my metal flake covered garage floor

Who's gonna believe #2!  :rofl: "honey, honest, I was just down rolling on the garage floor!!"

jb666

The floor is done!! I am really impressed with this Rustoleum Epoxy system.. Obviously the custom touch of metal flake helps it 'pop', but I'm very happy with the end result. Check this out, but keep in mind the "lighter" spots you see is  what I just finished (still wet).

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v231/JB666/Chuck/?action=view&current=IMG_2113.flv

Not sure if this works...