News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on November 23, 2009, 09:24:03 PM
Hey Jeff, you may want to start a new thread on doing your garage floor. Many of us have something like this in mind for future projects and would like a blow by blow on the good and the bad of these products... 

Steve... I took your advice and did just that.. I wanted to wait till I was done to do it...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64235.0.html

Now the finish on the floor will match the finish on the car under the lights. Should look cool together....

Steve P.

Looks great Jeff.  When you coming to Florida to do mine.. It's only 28' X 45'.. Unless you want to do the garage attached to the house too... That would add another 400 SF.... I don't know if I can afford the materials for the driveways though... They would have to be something like 280 X 12 and 20 X 36.  Can you do all that in a weekend??  :rofl:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on November 30, 2009, 02:32:46 AM
Looks great Jeff.  When you coming to Florida to do mine.. It's only 28' X 45'.. Unless you want to do the garage attached to the house too... That would add another 400 SF.... I don't know if I can afford the materials for the driveways though... They would have to be something like 280 X 12 and 20 X 36.  Can you do all that in a weekend??  :rofl:

I have a couple of friends down there.. We'll be over on Saturday. It'll be done & drivable by Sunday night.  :lol:

jb666

mikepmcs

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 30, 2009, 08:17:38 PM
I think this is one of their cars . http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/1480080654.html

EDITED:

I think he forgot to put the decimal in.  
That thing is whipped!
I will say this though, you absolutely know what you are getting if you decide to take this one on.  Somebody can bring it back from the grave I'm sure. I know a  few guys in Mass that could get it done no sweat.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

That's not a space rock, that's a big ole chunk a poopie.....(my Joe Dirt ref for the night)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FLG

Isnt it for bowel movements? Pull yer pants down and sit on the trunk lid?

jb666

Quote from: FLG on November 30, 2009, 09:58:58 PM
Isnt it for bowel movements? Pull yer pants down and sit on the trunk lid?

Seems to me you've got what it takes to work for a certain resto shop in Texas  :coolgleamA:

FLG

My dream jeff!!

BTW updated my resto thread with some pics of my door, other door will be worked on soon.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on November 30, 2009, 10:03:44 PM
My dream jeff!!

BTW updated my resto thread with some pics of my door, other door will be worked on soon.

Looks great, Frank!!

Pretty soon I'm gonna be staring out my window seeing 3' of snow instead of this view....

I hate winter..

ACUDANUT

We have another contender in Pittsburg Ks. Called lough miller motors. He is just as bad as BK Auto

Cozmo

Quote from: jb666 on December 01, 2009, 08:39:19 PM

Pretty soon I'm gonna be staring out my window seeing 3' of snow instead of this view....

I hate winter..

Hey Jeff, Believe it or not, there is a good possibility of snow here on Friday.  :eek2:

I didn't see any new pictures with your buddy with his White 1970 Trans Am, when are you going to be doing more shots with it? Is he still around?

jb666

Quote from: Cozmo on December 02, 2009, 10:16:51 PM
Quote from: jb666 on December 01, 2009, 08:39:19 PM

I hate winter..

Hey Jeff, Believe it or not, there is a good possibility of snow here on Friday.  :eek2:

I didn't see any new pictures with your buddy with his White 1970 Trans Am, when are you going to be doing more shots with it? Is he still around?

Snow, in Texas?!?!?!?!

The White '70 T/A... Chris... Well, his car's away for the winter, so he's not really around.. Chris is a great guy with a really cool car.. Hopefully in the Spring we can coordinate and get it done.  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

Ok, you guys will know this one... Does a (new) crate motor come with a fuel pump?? Mine's smoked.. Just curious if we're going to find that it was a POS BK Special or something that came with the motor. :popcrn:

tan top

nope 99.99% sure they dont  Jeff , also a good idea to get a new fuel pump push rod at the same time  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

I'm guessing Jon might want to outfit that beast with an electric fuel pump, no?

jb666

Quote from: tan top on December 04, 2009, 06:05:34 PM
nope 99.99% sure they dont  Jeff , also a good idea to get a new fuel pump push rod at the same time  :yesnod:

Cool.. I kind of figured that, so BK probably threw on what they had on the shelf...

DodgeChargerNeeded

Not to be mean and i'll probably get butchered but is this thread really interesting enough to have over 4000 replies i mean thats a bit extreme.
Jeff

mikepmcs

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on December 06, 2009, 12:34:05 AM
Not to be mean and i'll probably get butchered but is this thread really interesting enough to have over 4000 replies i mean thats a bit extreme.

Yes. 

I don't see you getting butchered, but you can simply choose to not click on this link or unsubscribe to the link.  In reality, what does the amount of replies matter to you anyway. Live and let live.  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

MoparManJim

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on December 06, 2009, 12:34:05 AM

Um.. let me guess, Your asking this because none of your threads has ever reach this many replys before?  :lol: 

Why is a thread with 4000 replies to something folks likes talking about is a bit extreme to you? so far you are mostly the only one complaining about it  :lol: 

A guy bought a charger because he always wanted one, went to have a roll bar installed in the car and found out the car's shape, came here and made a thread about it to show others and also warn others. Had the car completely rebuilt where alot of folks would have just taken and thrown in the towel because they didn't want to do it and left yet another charger die. He didn't used a parts charger but rather all new stuff so he kinda did save another charger out there because he didn't use one for parts  :lol: . This guy stuff alot out to have this car rebuilt right and yet you ask why is this thread so interesting for folks and and for some many replis. Well son, they like this thread I guess and that is why it has so many replis for where as alot of other stuff doesn't have that many replys.  :smilielol: 

You give the folks something they like and they will come back again and again and I guess this thread is one of those good things  :smilielol: 

Jeff has my respect for what he did for this car, there should be more guys like him and also women to do stuff like this all the time for cars of past years.