News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SXT CHARGER

there are always mistakes to learn from. unfortunatly it was just somethin that happened. ive made mistakes just like that. when i had my 68 it went through 4 resto shops because i didnt like one after the other. as far as your general lee. it looks awsome. concentrate on the mechanics end then worry about the body. besides, you probably want somethin to enjoy and have fun with. and with a perfect body its hard to enjoy. the little stuff can always be done over time.

dkn1997

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on December 06, 2009, 12:34:05 AM
Not to be mean and i'll probably get butchered but is this thread really interesting enough to have over 4000 replies i mean thats a bit extreme.

This thread has it all.  Revenge, good vs evil, dwarfs wrestling naked chicks, Romance, Blood, guts, people went to jail, mods got fired, and a happy ending.

well.. it had some of that stuff.

seriously, though...it did have everything that makes an internet chat thread interesting:

1.  someone got screwed
2.  the guy who did the screwing got called out
3.  the screwer made a fool of himself by coming on here and there was demonstrable proof that he suffered    
    financial harm by doing the screwing
3.  A car got rebuilt with pics... tons of them.  
4.  Humor
5.  Members stepped in to help out the OP who got screwed.
6.  A garage floor got refinished
7.  Arguing

You could start a thread with any one of those things and it would go to 4 or 5 pages.  This one was on steroids.
RECHRGED

dstryr

Not many have the fortitude to encounter a problem like this, tell the entire planet about a slight error in judgement in an open forum, and then document the entire sequence of corrective action. (How's that for being politically correct?  ;))  My hat is off to you, Jeff, and the other members who stepped up on this deal. :cheers:

Can someone help DodgeChargerNeeded find a Charger?  Only rule is the thread must have less than one post. :smilielol:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

Back N Black

So, any updates on BK? are they still in business? in jail? Building GL's?

jb666

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 07, 2009, 02:49:16 PM
Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on December 06, 2009, 12:34:05 AM
Not to be mean and i'll probably get butchered but is this thread really interesting enough to have over 4000 replies i mean thats a bit extreme.

This thread has it all.  Revenge, good vs evil, dwarfs wrestling naked chicks, Romance, Blood, guts, people went to jail, mods got fired, and a happy ending.

well.. it had some of that stuff.

seriously, though...it did have everything that makes an internet chat thread interesting:

1.  someone got screwed
2.  the guy who did the screwing got called out
3.  the screwer made a fool of himself by coming on here and there was demonstrable proof that he suffered    
    financial harm by doing the screwing
3.  A car got rebuilt with pics... tons of them.  
4.  Humor
5.  Members stepped in to help out the OP who got screwed.
6.  A garage floor got refinished
7.  Arguing

You could start a thread with any one of those things and it would go to 4 or 5 pages.  This one was on steroids.

Ok, first off, that was a riot!!!! I love how you tossed #6 in there  :rofl: If you don't mind though, I'd like to add #8.

8. Met and made some great new friends, and some of the most talented people in the auto world.

Quote from: dstryr on December 07, 2009, 03:01:36 PM
Not many have the fortitude to encounter a problem like this, tell the entire planet about a slight error in judgement in an open forum, and then document the entire sequence of corrective action. (How's that for being politically correct?  ;))  My hat is off to you, Jeff, and the other members who stepped up on this deal. :cheers:

Can someone help DodgeChargerNeeded find a Charger?  Only rule is the thread must have less than one post. :smilielol:

Thank you for your kind words!!!!!!!!!! But..... A SLIGHT error in judgement??  I'd say it was a rather catastrophic error in judgment.. Sort of like marrying the woman of your dreams to realize you're gay. Something that shouldn't have been overlooked..  

I do agree though, the members here have been awesome... :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: Back N Black on December 07, 2009, 04:20:26 PM
So, any updates on BK? are they still in business? in jail? Building GL's?

I honestly don't know, right now... But I will soon.

DodgeChargerNeeded

Just so you know I have had this name since I registered on this site. Since then I have owned around 10-12 Chargers and I do currently have one. Just so everyone knows this will be my last post on this thread.
Jeff

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on December 07, 2009, 07:25:43 PM
Just so you know I have had this name since I registered on this site. Since then I have owned around 10-12 Chargers and I do currently have one. Just so everyone knows this will be my last post on this thread.

Thanks for clearing that up.....(crickets in the back ground)..... Jeff this thread has had my attention from the start right down to your garage floor and I look forward to more. Its like a diary in a way, a continuing story and from all this reading I feel I know you and thats cool!

Joe
Mopar or No Car!

bamadukefan02

Looks like someone is taking their football and going home, to bad we aren't playin' football on this forum.  Look on the bright side when you get home and tell your mommy how mean we are she will probably fix you some milk and cookies and let you watch Oprah with her.

ACUDANUT

I think we should have a Grudge match here. You can call out anyone and invite them to the ring.  Too many folks are so tuff behind their Computers.  :smilielol:

skip68

I'll meet anyone anywhere.    :yesnod:   It's not because I think I'm tuff, it's because I know I can run very fast.   :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dstryr

.......FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BULLET...........IT'S..........SUPERSKIP!!

One rule to remember, if you're going to a knife fight, take a gun. ;D
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Back N Black

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on December 04, 2009, 06:08:28 PM
I'm guessing Jon might want to outfit that beast with an electric fuel pump, no?

Mike -- I meant to address this question... Sorry.

First, Jon is totally jammed up.. He's got his hands (and his shop) full. Second, he didn't know (nor did I) there was a fuel pump problem.. I took a cruise on a 60 degree day to Chuck's shop and blew the pump as I pulled into his parking lot (I thought it was just a line at the time).  

Anyways, long story short... Jon is the man.. I , of course, wanted my car done before it went away for the winter (charging, fuel, cage, etc..) so I got the work done.. You've seen Jon's work, so I don't need to say anything about it.. Nothing short of awesome, and I certainly look forward to dealing with him in the Spring... When I have time to recover from this ass pounding that I've taken over the past year...  :cheers:

So no.. No electric fuel pump.. Just a Holley mechanical like I had on it before.. It ran PERFECTLY with that on there, so there was no need to go electric, IMO..

Today was great.. The power steering pump blew out...

:popcrn:

And Acudanut, you are so right.. I've met some of the toughest people online. I've been threatened by people who were supposedly "local" to me, yet when I try to set up a meeting they never answer.. And I've been threatened by people who KNOW they are across the country and think they'll never meet up...  :hah:

FLG

MoparManJim

Nea, here is how I see it. He came in this thread looking to maybe stir the pot and get something going.... but instead, he entered the kichen got his bum burnt alittle because the folks here kinda like the thread here way more then his or other posts and that is why it has more replys for and then couldn't take the heat so he left the kichen.  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :lol:  . Am I even close  :smilielol:

Quote from: bamadukefan02 on December 09, 2009, 10:09:00 AM

Looks like someone is taking their football and going home, to bad we aren't playin' football on this forum.  Look on the bright side when you get home and tell your mommy how mean we are she will probably fix you some milk and cookies and let you watch Oprah with her.

Neal_J

Is it me or has this thread gotten retarded during the last couple of days?

jb666

FLG

Its in the air right now.

I want to install a hanger light in the garage (very tall ceilings, got for free :) )...cousin wants to do it saturday. If he cant do it, then i think i can make the trip.

Its amazing...every damn weekend something comes up!!!

jb666

Quote from: FLG on December 10, 2009, 07:42:15 PM
Its in the air right now.

I want to install a hanger light in the garage (very tall ceilings, got for free :) )...cousin wants to do it saturday. If he cant do it, then i think i can make the trip.

Its amazing...every damn weekend something comes up!!!

Come on, you have all winter to work INDOORS!!! Get'er done and get down here!!!

FLG

jb666

Mine too... After having the day from Hell yesterday (following the WEEK from Hell) my weekend should be good.. The car's almost done and looking AWESOME!!

FLG

Sweet!

Im doubint this saturday...well maybe. If we get the light installed early enough ill make the trip. I want to get it done this weekend cause momma goose comes in for a visit on sunday (they stay in florida most of the year). I figure, if the lights already up she cant take it down...if its not up yet i have to hear her complain about a hanger light sitting in the garage.

TheGhost

My God...  when I last looked at this thread, it was only at 90-something pages...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

satellite plumah

I have been following quietly along and am amazed at this thread ,I met jeff one day at "the shop" in Halifax and after having the same people do the work on my satellite , I really know how he feels about their talents and appreciate the stories he tells. really cool people make for good stories, keep it going and people will read. :2thumbs: