News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: satellite plumah on December 11, 2009, 01:41:27 PM
I have been following quietly along and am amazed at this thread ,I met Jeff one day at "the shop" in Halifax and after having the same people do the work on my satellite , I really know how he feels about their talents and appreciate the stories he tells. really cool people make for good stories, keep it going and people will read. :2thumbs:

Hey thanks man.. I was just talking to Chuck about you this morning.. He said how it was good to "see" you out here..  :cheers:

Anyways, I just got back from my visit.. The General is wearing some new jewelry... As most of you know, from day one, I wanted to do a full cage.. But between the expense, time, and the fact that I was going to lose my sun visors (and room) I didn't push to get it done.. It had been bugging me that I didn't push for it the entire time, so I finally pulled the trigger, and am I ever glad I did. This thing is coming out awesome. The bends are awesome, and the cage is so tight to my dash (I didn't want to go through) that it's not even in the way!! The best part? I DID NOT lose the use of my sun visors... They just improvised!!

Anyways, the passenger side bar isn't back in yet, and the driver's side will be a swing-out.. But here it is, so far!

The new fuel pump is in, and the replacement power steering pump is in (The pulley was loose, and from trying to "fix" it, it had stripped out the shaft and ruined the pulley). So the car should be home by next weekend!!

jb666

Oh, and for anyone who didn't think the General would ever see winter weather, well, here goes!!

Back N Black

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on December 12, 2009, 03:07:32 PM
Car, looks great! is the hood open in the last pic?

Thank you!

Yes, it is popped open in all of today's outdoor shots.. They aren't done under there yet.

It may not look it (except for the ice) but it was 24 out today.. With a wind that cut right through you like a knife.

skip68

You know Jeff, what we really need to see is the burnout picture.  It's time brother.  :yesnod:    :drive:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ACUDANUT

"Oh, and for anyone who didn't think the General would ever see winter weather, well, here goes!!
Where's the SNOW.  :icon_smile_big:

jb666

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 13, 2009, 11:39:34 AM
"Oh, and for anyone who didn't think the General would ever see winter weather, well, here goes!!
Where's the SNOW.  :icon_smile_big:

:lol: You got me there.. I realize it's not the SNOW that hurts a vehicle (it's the crap they treat the roads with up here), I highly doubt snow will ever touch the car as long as I own it.. I could be wrong though.

Quote from: skip68 on December 13, 2009, 11:35:17 AM
You know Jeff, what we really need to see is the burnout picture.  It's time brother.  :yesnod:    :drive:

Burnout pic? I already did a few videos, pay attention Chuck!!  :slap:

They might be kind of lame,  but I've never been one to sit and kill my tires for the sake of a good burnout video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ukX47V08U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gtCtVUiwcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBV8SiX4xtY

:icon_smile_cool:

Steelshanks

Quote from: jb666 on December 13, 2009, 11:52:43 AM

They might be kind of lame,  but I've never been one to sit and kill my tires for the sake of a good burnout video..

Thats why people pick up a used set of tires/rims that will fit, and tear em up. I got my old tires sitting here waiting for the day I get my car finished.

:drive:
Confucius say: "Man who stand on toilet high on pot..."

My 1st Gen Resto Thread

FLG

Quote from: Steelshanks on December 13, 2009, 01:56:07 PM

They might be kind of lame,  but I've never been one to sit and kill my tires for the sake of a good burnout video..

Thats why people pick up a used set of tires/rims that will fit, and tear em up. I got my old tires sitting here waiting for the day I get my car finished.

I agree with steel, but the cost of our tires (not the low profile) stuff is cheap enough that if i have some extra cash ill sacrifice my tires.

MoparManJim

They might be kind of lame,  but I've never been one to sit and kill my tires for the sake of a good burnout video..

I still don't see the reason why some many people always want to see stupid burnouts done. The way I see it if you want to see a burnout, take your car out there on the roads and do it in your own car so then the only tires you are really killing is your own  :smilielol:

All a burnout really is, is a tire spinning really fast on black top on the rear of a car, fast enough with the front wheels lock up so the rear tires will smoke like hell putting off alot of smoke. What is the point in that? we all know that these old cars has power in them with the engines they have and what they will already do  ::):lol:   

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: One of these days one of you will being doing a burnout and the car front brakes will leave go and wamo you will be going somewhere but not just setting still though but rather some place close by and maybe into something.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on December 13, 2009, 02:13:09 PM

I agree with steel, but the cost of our tires (not the low profile) stuff is cheap enough that if i have some extra cash ill sacrifice my tires.

It's not really the tires I'm concerned with, it's the abuse you're putting your drivetrain through. I'm all for a good hole shot..But , it reminds me of a good friend of mine.. He'll sit in a parking lot and do a brake stand for 4 solid minutes until you can't see 10' in front of you.. It's cool, but he's always wondering why he's doing clutches so often...

FLG

Jeff,

I know what your saying...you do put some stress on things, but remember an automatic is much easier on the drivetrain then a manual.

MoparManJim

Jeff, you nailed just how I feel about the whole thing with what you just said, what you just said makes alot of sense and I wish others would see that also. You defiantly love cars man and not what to abuse them.  :cheers: 

Quote from: jb666 on December 13, 2009, 03:35:22 PM
Quote from: FLG on December 13, 2009, 02:13:09 PM

It's not really the tires I'm concerned with, it's the abuse you're putting your drivetrain through. I'm all for a good hole shot..But , it reminds me of a good friend of mine.. He'll sit in a parking lot and do a brake stand for 4 solid minutes until you can't see 10' in front of you.. It's cool, but he's always wondering why he's doing clutches so often...

alcusswhen

The whole idea of these cars was to abuse them. Besides with a line lock the only thing that gets abused is the tires.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

skip68

I wish you guys could see the way I drove my car a few months ago down 15 or so miles off desert dirt road.   :rofl:   Sliding the whole way and the car was so dirty you could barely see the orange paint.   :2thumbs:   That was fun.  Far as holding the brakes and gas, I never do that.  I just nail the gas and let it spin.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

FLG

Quote from: skip68 on December 13, 2009, 09:51:30 PM
I wish you guys could see the way I drove my car a few months ago down 15 or so miles off desert dirt road.   :rofl:   Sliding the whole way and the car was so dirty you could barely see the orange paint.   :2thumbs:   That was fun.  Far as holding the brakes and gas, I never do that.  I just nail the gas and let it spin.   :2thumbs:

Thats awesome!

I say, drive em like there supposed to be driven but dont do anything stupid and risk someone elses life (aka weaving and racing in and out of cars on the highway).

RamchargerMopar

My Buick GN was bad bad bad!!! I miss that car so much but when the kiddo came to light I had to sell it to pay bills. That was one fast fast machine stock. after the mods it was too fast but it sure was fun! Oh and yeah I was guilty of roasting a set of tires or two... :D
Mopar or No Car!

autodynamics

i have a 87 gn....sleeping the garage....tire shredder....lots of fun.. the charger is more brute...yet both are sexy

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: autodynamics on December 14, 2009, 07:53:56 PM
i have a 87 gn....sleeping the garage....tire shredder....lots of fun.. the charger is more brute...yet both are sexy

Oh I agree way more brute! I wish I could afford one! :2thumbs:
Mopar or No Car!

ACUDANUT

model maker

So, what ever happened to BK ? are they still in business or did they have to "pay the piper" ?
MODEL MAKER

jb666

BK? Who's that?

Here's a quick teaser shot.. I guess the cage is now 100% done.. The back bar is in and the swing-out's finished!! All that's left are the harnesses and the car comes home!!

Neal_J

jb666

Quote from: Neal_J on December 15, 2009, 08:03:42 PM
Why the full cage, Jeff? 

Gonna jump it?   :icon_smile_wink:

Oh Hell yeah!! At least this way I'll drive away with no damage, just like they did every week on the show. That was real, right?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on December 15, 2009, 08:23:17 PM
Quote from: Neal_J on December 15, 2009, 08:03:42 PM
Why the full cage, Jeff? 

Gonna jump it?   :icon_smile_wink:

Oh Hell yeah!! At least this way I'll drive away with no damage, just like they did every week on the show. That was real, right?

Yes Jeff....just keep thinking that. Whatever helps you sleep at night :pity: :D :nana:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic