News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on December 15, 2009, 08:23:17 PM
Quote from: Neal_J on December 15, 2009, 08:03:42 PM
Why the full cage, Jeff? 

Gonna jump it?   :icon_smile_wink:

Oh Hell yeah!! At least this way I'll drive away with no damage, just like they did every week on the show. That was real, right?

Well, after you land like they did, you tell us  :smilielol:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Well, It's done and ready to come home!!! I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who will be taking it back to my house on a flatbed this weekend (before the snow on Sunday) so life is good right about now!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

FLG

How about u drive it to your house on Saturday, ill follow in mine  :2thumbs:

jb666

Sorry bud... They've been out salting the hell out of the roads between there and here... Im not gonna drive around in it :(

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on December 17, 2009, 05:31:45 AM
Sorry bud... They've been out salting the hell out of the roads between there and here... Im not gonna drive around in it :(
no worrys that car has seen plenty of rust before   :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FLG

Quote from: moparstuart on December 17, 2009, 10:46:14 AM
no worrys that car has seen plenty of rust before   :smilielol: :smilielol:

LMAO!!!

Heck gotta love the unrestored car....dont mind a little salt  :2thumbs:

RamchargerMopar

be sure to wash it when it gets home because it will still get salt on it from being on the flat bed. When dad had his mustang brought home he never bothered to rinse and you can see after a while where the salt or that sodium spray ate at the paint.
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on December 17, 2009, 10:46:14 AM
no worrys that car has seen plenty of rust before   :smilielol: :smilielol:

:rofl: Nonsense! It was a clean rust free Texas car!!

Anyways... Just a teaser, and sorry for the crap quality, but check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G8hfxM3U-I

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on December 17, 2009, 04:40:43 PM
be sure to wash it when it gets home because it will still get salt on it from being on the flat bed. When dad had his mustang brought home he never bothered to rinse and you can see after a while where the salt or that sodium spray ate at the paint.

Already done  :cheers: :cheers:

RamchargerMopar

Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Ok, my (freezing cold) afternoon started out at Chuck's shop... It was 20 out, but the 35 MPH winds across the field put the wind chill at -10. Loads of fun...

After getting it loaded on, like the stalker that I am, I followed the driver from the shop to my house...

After we got home, and I let the driver (owner of the company) take about 50 pictures, I pulled in the garage and got it situation where it'll sit for the next few months.. Turned the heater on and started really checking the cage out... I have to say, Jon's welding is incredible, and the forward section of the cage REALLY compliments his work. The boys at DMC Racing really did a nice job. I can't say enough about either organization.. Talent galore.

The swingout.. I like this thing (and I'm sure many of you here have seen/had them, but I never have...) because you can put it in any position you want... I thought it would be loose and would have to rest against the door panel...

Some close-ups of the welding..  :drool5:

The harnesses aren't in place yet because the bar still needs to be painted... That'll be soon.

Got some weird reflections going on here...

From the back seat:

Retained use of my factory visors, which is really cool..

All in all, I am EXTREMELY happy with the work.  The fuel pump and power steering pump were both replaced.. So now the car is away FINISHED... I can let my OCD corrupted mind focus on other things this winter.. THE CAR IS DONE!!!!!!!!!

Until that blower goes on.........  :popcrn:

moparstuart

If you just welded the door shut and climbed in the window like bo and luke. You wouldnt have had to go to  all that work .   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:     but since you did   :drool5: :drool5:  that sure beat the hell out of the exhaust tubes .

Neal_J

Damn good thing you don't have a dome light.  I once read somewhere those things are downright deadly.

moparstuart

Quote from: Neal_J on December 17, 2009, 05:34:25 PM
Damn good thing you don't have a dome light.  I once read somewhere those things are downright deadly.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

jb666

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

We joke about that all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: Fire hazard!!!  :flame:

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on December 17, 2009, 05:35:14 PM
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

hahah  :lol:  Oldpartz had a picture that cracked me up in that thread & some dude wearing a tin foil helmet :lol:

nice welds on the cage , good enough to clear coat  :yesnod: ;) Jeff ,  looks great !!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

FLG

Nice Jeff!!

You going to be at the shop this weekend?

Will attempt the trip...think i may be able to do it!!

jb666

Quote from: FLG on December 17, 2009, 07:43:40 PM
Nice Jeff!!

You going to be at the shop this weekend?

Will attempt the trip...think i may be able to do it!!
Welllllllllllllllll......... MAYBE. Chuck might not be there, so I can't answer that for sure.. I'll let you know in the morning.  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

Ok, this is probably the most important post of all time...

The car is 100% tucked in for the winter.. It'll be kept around 50 degrees in the garage all winter, and the tires even get to stay warm... Welcome home!!!!!

And the wife came into the garage today and saw the finished product (cage) and LOVED it.. Said she can't believe how tight it is to the dash/roofline, and that the swing-out is much more solid than she thought it would be... All in all a great addition and now I can look forward to driving the Hell out of this thing in the Spring and not getting it right out to the shop!!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Wow Jeff, it's stunning! I'd like to build a General if I ever get another '69 and I really hope it's even close to as nice as yours is. The boys at the shop sure did a superb job on the cage :bow:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 18, 2009, 01:15:13 PM
Wow Jeff, it's stunning! I'd like to build a General if I ever get another '69 and I really hope it's even close to as nice as yours is. The boys at the shop sure did a superb job on the cage :bow:
Thank you. I appreciate it  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

Damn buddy. I know certified boiler tube welders that don't weld that nice.. Of course you don't SEE their welds, but DAMNNNN................  To tig is an art....   These guys are artists....  :cheers:

One more thing. DO NOT drive the car without the shoulder belts or full harnesses now. Those bars do not feel good hitting them head on...  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on December 18, 2009, 05:47:52 PM
Damn buddy. I know certified boiler tube welders that don't weld that nice.. Of course you don't SEE their welds, but DAMNNNN................  To tig is an art....   These guys are artists....  :cheers:

One more thing. DO NOT drive the car without the shoulder belts or full harnesses now. Those bars do not feel good hitting them head on...  :D

You can count on that.. It's not leaving the garage until the bar's painted, harnesses are on, and portions of the bar are padded.. I'm not going for the Tan taped/crap padding look of the GL, though  :lol:

Tell me though... Does life get any better???

Go Hogs Go

You have inspired me. My Chargers going to get a new uniform this winter after 3 long years of delays. I hope it turns out half as good as yours.
Go Hogs!