News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal_J

jb666

Quote from: Neal_J on December 23, 2009, 05:28:48 PM
Hey Jeff:

Don't start gluing Hot Wheels to your car to make it unique.  It's already been done:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2006/10/23/little-do-the-duke-boys-know/

Yee haw.

Neal

Ok now.. A lot of people asked me, this year "Why put so much time, $$ and effort into a General Lee?". I always had an answer for that... But this?? WHY???   :shruggy:

G-man

Quote from: Neal_J on December 23, 2009, 05:28:48 PM
Hey Jeff:

Don't start gluing Hot Wheels to your car to make it unique.  It's already been done:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2006/10/23/little-do-the-duke-boys-know/

Yee haw.

Neal

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I love General Lees. I dont have 1, wont have 1... but nobody should knock it, it kicks ass.

RamchargerMopar

I wouldn't make a GL but I would never knock one. I wouldn't have one just because I would like a unique car not one everyone will ask if I am going to jump. I will become bitter and next thing you know a year into owning a GL I would be arrested for choking out the millionth redneck who said hey jump that thing!
Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on December 24, 2009, 10:36:36 PM
I wouldn't make a GL but I would never knock one. I wouldn't have one just because I would like a unique car not one everyone will ask if I am going to jump. I will become bitter and next thing you know a year into owning a GL I would be arrested for choking out the millionth redneck who said hey jump that thing!

Believe me, I was getting pretty close at the end of this season...

jb666

I just wanted to share something with you guys that my brother made me for Christmas...

Here he is, holding his work proudly.

And here it is, displayed over my GL door on the wall.

:cheers: :cheers:

MoparManJim

Man, that looks down right cool! Also some good craftmen skill to I might ad! give him a pat on the back for me  :2thumbs:

jb666

I will  :cheers: . I've always said "give him a vacant lot and a pile of wood and you'll come back to a log cabin"..  He's got some series skills with wood working.. I wish they were passed along to me  :slap:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

towscum

1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed

69bronzeT5

Quote from: expresstowing106 on December 28, 2009, 02:14:05 AM
was this car bought on e bay?

I believe it was bought directly from another member on this site after that member made a For Sale ad in the Classifieds section.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Neal_J

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 28, 2009, 02:15:19 AM

I believe it was bought directly from another member on this site after that member made a For Sale ad in the Classifieds section.

Yea, that sounds correct.  And if I remember correctly the sale didn't go well or something and the car needed some work.  I forget the whole story...

RamchargerMopar

:rotz: I am willing to bet you have not read the whole thread or at least the first part of it ...  :scratchchin: Having said that...Welcome to the most awesome thread on the internet freeway. This is a EPIC thread if I may say so myself.  :yesnod:

Do yourself a favor and go ahead and indulge in the yummy snacks hidden on each tasty page of this thread. Bask in its glory, take a ride in the passenger seat as Jeff takes you on a ride you wont forget. There are scary moments, twists and turns and thrills as he races you towards the finish line!

While your there take in the sights, enjoy the hundreds of visuals you will find on this trip and don't forget at the end of the ride...to tip your driver!
Mopar or No Car!

towscum

i will bad mouth B.K. auto all i can what a bunch of dirt bags.
1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed

Back N Black

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on December 28, 2009, 06:16:09 PM

:rotz: I am willing to bet you have not read the whole thread or at least the first part of it ...  :scratchchin: Having said that...Welcome to the most awesome thread on the internet freeway. This is a EPIC thread if I may say so myself.  :yesnod:

Do yourself a favor and go ahead and indulge in the yummy snacks hidden on each tasty page of this thread. Bask in its glory, take a ride in the passenger seat as Jeff takes you on a ride you wont forget. There are scary moments, twists and turns and thrills as he races you towards the finish line!

While your there take in the sights, enjoy the hundreds of visuals you will find on this trip and don't forget at the end of the ride...to tip your driver!

I don't think any newbie is going to read 222 pages to get the story....... maybe it should be cleaned up and drop a 100 pages.  :shruggy:

MoparManJim

Even being cleaned up still won't get it down to a 100 pages my friend, There is around maybe 50 pages that can go. I went through the thread afew days ago looking for afew infos and I just scan the pages at that and it took me like a hour to get to 100 page mark and thats not with reading either.  :lol: 

Quote from: Back N Black on December 29, 2009, 05:00:21 PM
Quote from: RamchargerMopar on December 28, 2009, 06:16:09 PM

I don't think any newbie is going to read 222 pages to get the story....... maybe it should be cleaned up and drop a 100 pages.  :shruggy:

ACUDANUT

Anyone else e-mailed BK auto @ bkautomotive@sbcglobal.net
I did and told them they are a bunch of thieves.

The70RT

I know it would take some work, but make a modified duplicate. You could then make it non reply. Just a thought  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

66chargerkid

I just read your ENTIRE thread (starting a couple days ago).
All I gotta say is, You are one motivated person.
Congrats on the nice car and how is the legal situation coming?

ACUDANUT

Quote from: The70RT on December 31, 2009, 12:49:38 PM
I know it would take some work, but make a modified duplicate. You could then make it non reply. Just a thought  ::)
I shoudn't be the only person e-mailing them though. :Twocents:

jb666

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 31, 2009, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: The70RT on December 31, 2009, 12:49:38 PM
I shoudn't be the only person e-mailing them though. :Twocents:

You aren't..  Believe me...  :cheers: :cheers: But I do thank you for being persistent.

jb666

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 19, 2008, 03:50:49 PM
About the legal battle - 

Try to nail down cases of specific things being not what was described on paper.  That's your best bet. 

Legally speaking, a $300 steering box that wasn't actually replaced might get you more headway in court than $3000 worth of unsafe work on the framerails.  The steering box is a specific thing on paper.  Its absence cannot possibly be written off as a difference of opinion or misunderstood intentions between you and BK.

And this advice, given well over a year ago... Was so accurate... :popcrn:

I was just hanging out with the wife, and we got to talking about things in 2009.. I said, jokingly, that The General TOOK OVER 2009 from beginning to end.. We both looked at each other and started laughing... It's SO TRUE.. 2009 was the year of the General in every sense.. Emotionally , financially and in some cases physically (I sure lost a LOT of sleep this year because of this car)... Now it's done.. So, I think it's only suitable that I ring in 2010 with the damn car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :brickwall: :2thumbs:

TylerCharger69

jb666

I wanted to thank someone publicly who, after seeing this story, donated a 30+ year old model to me that's been preserved in a cabinet. It was assembled by a gentleman that's no longer with us, but has some really nice history. It's pretty cool, because aside from being a GL, it's got a full cage, a Hemi and a few other small details that closely resemble my build!!

Anyways, THANK YOU! I will display this with pride and treasure it!

Mike DC

Wow, those 1/16th General Lee kits are tough to find in any condition. 

It's actually based on an old 3rd-gen Richard Petty NASCAR Dodge Charger model kit.  They just swapped the body & some details.  (Picture that GL's rollcage under a 3rd-gen body - it would fit better.) 

What's even more interesting is if you watch Season#7 of Dukes with the miniature car stunts.  Look at the minature GLs and you might notice that some of them had the hogged-out front wheelwells like on the 1/16th kit!