News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Well now, winter can't end fast enough.. It's been over a month since the General's been fired over....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwmMeBqHZE

I'm pretty happy, over the next weekend or two we'll be painting the rest of the cage inside the garage.. Big C's gonna come over and help with the process to make sure it's done right!! Then the harnesses/padding can go on...

jb666

Well, Chuck just left my house.. He really took his time getting set up and prepped my car for the job ahead.. The cage came out awesome!! Now I'm just waiting for the paint to dry.. Then I'll take all the plastic down and feed the harnesses in.. (next weekend).

I'll post some pictures up later.

:cheers: :cheers:

jb666

Here are a couple of quick shots.. I took these with my camera phone..

The "spots" you can see on the bar are all reflections... The rear section of the cage had already been painted.. The front section is what was just added..

The swing-out has been removed, and will be painted in the booth..

b5blue

I like how through the car you can see the Lazy Boy recliner positioned so you can sit right there and relax and admire the best darn Lee ever saved!  :cheers:

jb666

Quote from: b5blue on January 23, 2010, 04:55:35 PM
I like how through the car you can see the Lazy Boy recliner positioned so you can sit right there and relax and admire the best darn Lee ever saved!  :cheers:

Why THANK YOU, and yes, that's exactly why it's there!!!!!!!!!!!

<----------------------  :icon_smile_big:

b5blue

skip68

Did he use a  air brush ?   I don't see any paint on the plastic.   :shruggy:   looks good.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 23, 2010, 05:11:28 PM
Did he use a  air brush ?   I don't see any paint on the plastic.   :shruggy:   looks good.  :2thumbs:

Nope.. The pictures aren't exposing everything that was on the car, at one point  :icon_smile_big: But I promised I would not give his secrets away  :hah:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 23, 2010, 05:30:16 PM
Foam brush Eh?

Negative.

I wasn't looking for a "show quality finish" on the cage or it would have been done in the booth, because 3/4 of it will be covered soon enough.

Steve P.

Looks great buddy....  The Lazy-Boy has to be a permanent fixture.....   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on January 23, 2010, 06:31:52 PM
Looks great buddy....  The Lazy-Boy has to be a permanent fixture.....   :2thumbs:

Oh it's not going anywhere.. I need some place to sleep after my wife tosses my ass out when she finds out how much I REALLY put into the Orange clunker!!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on January 24, 2010, 09:34:14 AM
Quote from: Steve P. on January 23, 2010, 06:31:52 PM

Oh it's not going anywhere.. I need some place to sleep after my wife tosses my ass out when she finds out how much I REALLY put into the Orange clunker!!!

That is why you always put your fingers over the first two digits so they don't know the real cost  :lol: 

Like if a part cost 135.00 just tell them it's 35.00  :lol: , "dang honey, these parts they sell cheap... see (show her the price with one digit covered  :lol:). 

jb666

Well, it got to see the light of day today!!

But only for about 5 minutes... It hit a whopping 47 degrees and the sun was shining.. It's the first time this door has been opened for weeks...

Then it was night-night time again....

FLG

Jeff,

I gotta ask...what the heck is up with the carpet things under the wheels?

jb666

Quote from: FLG on January 24, 2010, 06:21:55 PM
Jeff,

I gotta ask...what the heck is up with the carpet things under the wheels?

Just 12" squares of carpet I cut off of a remnant to put under the tires so they don't get cold sitting on the concrete.. I mean c'mon, Frank, have a heart!!

FLG

Sorry, my charger is fine on the floor...i guess you general lee guys are a bit on the  :dance: :girlfight: side.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on January 24, 2010, 06:29:22 PM
Sorry, my charger is fine on the floor...i guess you general lee guys are a bit on the  :dance: :girlfight: side.

Oh, I'm sorry you don't like carpet... Yet, you've openly admitted to not liking carpet and say we are the :dance: :girlfight: guys? LOL  :rofl: :hah: Sorry Frankie... 

The real reason I did it was that I was afraid that after only applying the epoxy treatment to the floor 10 days before the car came home that the tires would "stick" to the floor and pull up the coating.. So I did that out of paranoia.. But I like my other excuse better, for reaction purposes.

FLG

LMAO,

Maybe its an old guy thing? But id rather no carpet.

Hey Jeff....

:fu:

jb666

Quote from: FLG on January 24, 2010, 06:34:16 PM
LMAO,

Maybe its an old guy thing? But id rather no carpet.

Hey Jeff....

:fu:

Only "old guys" like carpet? Dude, you're walking into a trap here.. Do you know the 'other' meaning of the word carpet?? Be very careful here with your answer!!

Check out the other thread for my pictures from today's visit... I'm uploading some now, but I have some pictures that'll blow your mind.. Awesome day, to say the least.. You HAVE to check this other shop out  :o

FLG

Jeff im 21,

What do you think?

:rofl:

I was shooting for that one.

BTW i WILL make it up one weekend soon. Very Very soon.

skip68

Jeff, you and I come from a time when men were men.   Now, you take Frankie here....He's a "modern man".   I knew Frank was "Metro"....    :nana: 
By the way Frank, congats on the new job.   :2thumbs:   Now with you going away I guess the Hemi will be mine.   :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

FLG

LMAO

I'll only be in Georgia for 3 weeks. The hemi will remain in the garage, no you still cannot have it.

I do have a /6 my friend has which you can have if you would like. Its as close as your gonna get  :rofl: