News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Quote from: skip68 on January 30, 2010, 10:07:24 PM
If he thinks Frank is nuts, what the hell would he think about me ?   :rofl:   He's lucky we are so far apart.    :scratchchin:   Then again, I don't know Frank...  Hey Franky, are you nuts ?   :nana:   Frank, being a stalker doesn't mean your nuts.    :icon_smile_wink:   Don't worry about what other people think of you.   :yesnod:   By the way, did you get those pictures from the bushes in front of Jeff's house like we talked about ?   :shruggy: :drool5:   :rofl:

Damit i told u not to mention the bush picture  :smilielol: :smilielol:

BTW Jeff, im now sick as well!! I think the fact that it was about 10 degrees when i took the drive, and the fact that in the car it was a whopping 20 degrees didnt help much. The blankets and coffee did...damn non existant door seals!!

skip68

:o   10*F.   That's tooooo cold.   :rotz:   You guys back there need heated garages.  I think today was around 60* here.    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on January 31, 2010, 11:25:44 PM
:o   10*F.   That's tooooo cold.   :rotz:   You guys back there need heated garages.  I think today was around 60* here.    :nana:

:D Chuck,.... you better hush up about that so nice warm weather you have out there pal  :D because we back here have the fricking 20*F crap right now and around 2*F at nights maybe below in some spots. I hope you get a good case of the snow out there like we have back here  :lol: :D   

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve P.

Don't let Chuck razz ya.  He just has nothing better to do than try to bust your chops.. You know, no snow to shovel or wood to chop... Then again, I have seen pictures of 3-4 inches of snow on the ground in Vegas just a few years ago....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

FLG

Back N Black

Quote from: jb666 on February 02, 2010, 06:56:55 PM
Frank... I took this shot for you!!

Jeff what size tires do you have on the front and rear? They fill the wheel wells really nice.

jb666

I'm running 285's in the back and 255's up front on 15" rims. I love the way they fill the wells.

I wanted to take a second to thank Chuck for helping me finish this project, and putting the final touches of my car together... At his shop yesterday I picked up my swingout bar, which was painted and cleared so that it would be the most durable, considering it'll be opened/closed every time I get in/out of the car.. Anyways, I'm very pleased with the end result. I came right home and put it in...

Anyways, THANKS!! it looks awesome, and I can finally and happily say IT IS DONE!! Not only will my wife leave me if I dump any more $$ into the Orange clunker, but there isn't much more I could do to it that wouldn't "take away" from what it is...

yep, that sure is a tight fit, but Jon made damn sure this thing fit like a glove!! It comes about 1MM from the arm rest!!

And last, Dennis @ DMC did an amazing job making sure all of the forward bars fit like as tight as anything possibly could!! The whole cage, IMO, came out incredible.

THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChgrSteve67

Looks great!

Whats next?

I think it needs a case of moon shine sitting in the back seat.

69bronzeT5

Looks fantastic Jeff! :2thumbs: Didn't you say you were putting harnesses in it? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FLG

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 07, 2010, 11:12:37 PM
Looks fantastic Jeff! :2thumbs: Didn't you say you were putting harnesses in it? :shruggy:

I think i remember jeff talking about some problem with the mounting setup that needs to be addresses first.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on February 08, 2010, 02:09:10 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 07, 2010, 11:12:37 PM

I think i remember jeff talking about some problem with the mounting setup that needs to be addresses first.

That's correct... I believe the harnesses I got are intended to bolt into position (shoulder straps) not wrap around the rear bar... If so we'll just exchange them. No rush on those.

tan top

:scope:   :yesnod:  looks real nice Jeff  :yesnod:   no offence to other GL Charger Buddies ( all your GLs are awesome   :cheers:  , but thats how a GL should look  to me ! Caged up like that :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ionracer24

Well Jeff, i just finished all 226 pages over the past few days........and i'm just about the most cross eyed sucka i've ever seen :eek2: I must say i cant believe thats the same dam car!!!! Unbelievable......Those fellas did a heck of a job on the re-restore of your Charger. They earned every penny you paid them by the looks of the work  of art they created there.  One thing that you really dint touch on but i was curious about.....on the roof, did they replace and of the skin or did they just skim it and fill in all the pits???? I bought a 70 charger that has quite a bit of swiss cheesed metal in it as well. And my roof has the same problem and yours but i'm going to put an amd skin on it just cause i'm a perfectionist hehehe.  It would bug me if I did not replace it all.  I'm going to do all the work myself because for one, I can and two, i'd have to eat ramen noodles for about three years if i had to pay someone. :lol:  Plus like I said i'm such a perfectionist it would drive me nuts not knowing if every panel  etc... was aligned right.  It just sux ya'll up north have to put the ol chargers away for the winter.  I live in texas and we can drive pretty much year round.  Although this winter has been unusually horrible with freezing temps, rain and generaly inclement weather.  It really sux you got a pokin in the ol tail pipe when you bought it but unfortunately as several people have mentioned, getting screwed by supposedly "professional"  auto restorers is rampant all over the country and beyond.  A lot of unscupulous folks take advantage of our nostalgic feelings from our youth.... :flame:  I like many people, yourself included i'm sure, had dreams of tearing through the country side jumping every creek in site!!!  Oh well, be that as it may i hope you have many years of enjoyment with your Charger and may you burn through as many sets of bf goodriches as they can make!!! :drive:  you can bet ur tail pipe i will!!! :coolgleamA:
Real race cars have three pedals......

jb666

Hey, thanks!!

After the car came back from the sandblaster's shop it looked like swiss cheese. EVERY BIT of the car that was in that condition was cut out and replaced.. The center section of the roof was actually fine. It's what I joke with people about, that "at least a small square survived!". Let's just say that out of the 100% of the metal this car HAD 95% of it was cut out and replaced... one thing the guys made sure of is that the rot/rust/nightmare WILL NEVER RETURN... And for that fact along I can sleep at night!!!

I can't believe what this car has been through to get to this point... Would I go through it again? Not in a million years....

ionracer24

wow, thats funny cause my roof the center is rusted heheh and the edges are fine, go figure........i agree with you in not wanting to do over if you could, because for one, you would never get back what  you put into it...... two, i'm sure you could find a better roller somewhere, although after what you have been through and seen and the people and freinds you've made it may be some small consolation for the pokin you took,  and also you have a great story of tenacity and dedication to a hobby that not many share in respect to how many people watched the show....the investment you've made must be astronomical and i'm wondering.....if you dont mind me asking .....what do u do for a living???? :scratchchin:

FLG

Quote from: ionracer24 on February 09, 2010, 02:11:46 AM
wow, thats funny cause my roof the center is rusted heheh and the edges are fine, go figure........i agree with you in not wanting to do over if you could, because for one, you would never get back what  you put into it...... two, i'm sure you could find a better roller somewhere, although after what you have been through and seen and the people and freinds you've made it may be some small consolation for the pokin you took,  and also you have a great story of tenacity and dedication to a hobby that not many share in respect to how many people watched the show....the investment you've made must be astronomical and i'm wondering.....if you dont mind me asking .....what do u do for a living???? :scratchchin:

Racer,

I had and still am going to have (very very soon) the people that worked on Jeffs car continue to work on my car. Im 21, going to school, with (now, FINALLY!!) a very good job...they are MORE than reasonable. You would be surprised.

They are true artists no doubt.

ionracer24

jb666

Quote from: FLG on February 09, 2010, 02:23:07 AM
Quote from: ionracer24 on February 09, 2010, 02:11:46 AM

Racer,

I had and still am going to have (very very soon) the people that worked on Jeffs car continue to work on my car. Im 21, going to school, with (now, FINALLY!!) a very good job...they are MORE than reasonable. You would be surprised.

They are true artists no doubt.

You are right, Frank.. To say that they are reasonable is an understatement... not only did I get top quality work done that even the harshest critics couldn't pick apart, but I "saved" a bundle doing it.. If we were talking "normal restoration shop rates" I'd have gone broke before the car hit primer...

chargergirl

jb...your new pic says it all...GL is beautiful, finished, and finished well. Looks brand new! Worth the wait!
Trust your Woobie!

jb666

Quote from: chargergirl on February 09, 2010, 08:10:32 PM
jb...your new pic says it all...GL is beautiful, finished, and finished well. Looks brand new! Worth the wait!

Thank you!!  :cheers:

jb666

Ok , I'm trying to wrap up a couple of small things before it FINALLY hits the streets....

Does anyone here have one of the covers I need for this hole inside my passenger's side front fender?

:cheers: :cheers:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?