News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Whoo hoo!   :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:  Can we say its all done now?  :cheers:

Cool headlight shot.  :drool5:  I never gave it a thought before but the wide push bar ends up killing your high beams?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jb666

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 13, 2010, 08:41:53 PM

Cool headlight shot.  :drool5:  I never gave it a thought before but the wide push bar ends up killing your high beams?

hey yeah, you're right!! This is probably one of the only times the lights will actually be used... But never thought of it either!!
As for being done? ALLLLLLLLLLLLMOST, yes... The Painless wiring kit goes in Monday... That is the last remaining item on this car that BK touched... And I mean THE LAST.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: jb666 on May 13, 2010, 08:43:57 PM

hey yeah, you're right!! This is probably one of the only times the lights will actually be used... But never thought of it either!!
As for being done? ALLLLLLLLLLLLMOST, yes... The Painless wiring kit goes in Monday... That is the last remaining item on this car that BK touched... And I mean THE LAST.

Excellent! Hope to be able to make it down your way for a car show and check it out sometime this year.  :yesnod:  I don't know about everyone else but after keeping tabs on your saga even I am relieved to hear Monday should be the end!  :popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jb666

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 13, 2010, 08:55:12 PM
Quote from: jb666 on May 13, 2010, 08:43:57 PM

Excellent! Hope to be able to make it down your way for a car show and check it out sometime this year.  :yesnod:  I don't know about everyone else but after keeping tabs on your saga even I am relieved to hear Monday should be the end!  :popcrn:

You aren't kidding!

Hmmm... Maybe I'll buy an A-Team van next.  :slap:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Guy's I don't mean to burst your bubble about the whole ending thing.. but don't you all know. When working with these old cars there is no end to them?  :lol:

chargergirl

But, NEVER SAY NEVER... All I know is I have this nice pointy hat on, as I sit in the corner of the room with my stool..... And realize what a complete and udder mistake this car has been since day one  :rofl:
[/quote]
You never know...the car could have been praying for someone like you to save him. Now your General is truly yours.
Trust your Woobie!

WHITE AND RED 69

Engine bay looks awesome! glad to see the car is on the road. enjoy  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on May 13, 2010, 08:03:06 PM
Thank you, guys!!

Ok, The General has come home (deja vu!!).

For those of you who have been keeping up... The engine bay was, and was going to stay BLACK...

Well, the last month changed everything... Bad motor, empty engine bay, time to make it the way Ma Mopar intended it to be... Clean and ORANGE!!

Just a few quick shots I took... keeping in mind that none of the rubber is installed yet, I think the engine bay looks 100X better. To those of you that said PAINT IT ORANGE, I thank you! To Chuck, Blair and Paul who MADE IT ORANGE, I SAY THANK YOU 1,000X OVER! To Reid's, if you're watching, the car runs AWESOME ---> Thank you! And finally, to Jon @ Tube Chassis Designz for making this job look easy and doing a amazing work!! I know we're not done (Painless kit goes in on Monday after a long discussion about the one remaining BK item --- THE FUSE PANEL), but this car wouldn't be 1% of what it is with out your skills... yo da man!!

Ok, I'm done blubbering... Here goes...

Eyes wide open for the journey home (which darkness did join me on)

I'm happy to report that it doesn't smoke, sputter or miss a beat... Jon hadn't started the car since 10AM today.. He reached his arm in the window, hit the key and BOOM, as if it were fuel injected, it fired over and idled... Something this has never done!!

This weekend will be cool... 70 degree weather, sunshine and open roads... And I'm TAKING ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

engine bay body color & motor in awesome stuff :coolgleamA: good video , ! need more video Jeff!! :drool5: :popcrn: :drool5: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

The wife and I are heading out for a cruise tomorrow... Tonight was prom night, so we didn't get to go to the show we were hoping to, but there's always next week!!!!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 15, 2010, 04:09:26 PM
You need some wheelie bars.   :icon_smile_big:

Chuck's making me a set.... 

Well, today we cruised for about 3 hours in the car.. All I can say is WOW, the motor is running incredible.. It cruises perfectly smooth and is a pleasure to drive!!!

We started by heading down to the 'big' beach .. Then went by a few other hang-out spots... All in all it was a great day and I couldn't be happier with the car's performance!!

The trip ended back at Tube Chassis, where first thing tomorrow morning Jon is installing a full Painless setup... It's the icing on the cake..

I love this backdrop.. I used it for my Vette for years...... Boston skyline... Boats... Just gorgeous..

This, to me, is as close as I like to get to Boston... It actually looks NICE from  here!!

Either way, if today was any indication, it's going to be a GREAT SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

MoparManJim

Man, I love your car  :cheers: , nice photos bud. I been busy at the scale version most of the day. Photos coming later on for you all. But I love seeing the photos of the real thing though.  :cheers:

tan top

GL s looking awesome !!  :drool5:  love the pictures ! that back drop is good :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BombSquad

I read about 30 pages and gave up.

All I can say is the result looks great! That's the nicest GL I've ever seen  :2thumbs:

68 Charger - 440 EFI/SS700 5 Speed
70 Duster - 225ci

jb666

Quote from: tan top on May 16, 2010, 08:07:58 PM
GL s looking awesome !!  :drool5:  love the pictures ! that back drop is good :coolgleamA:

Thank you. Aside from the Gladiator fight pit it's my favorite spot.

Quote from: BombSquad on May 16, 2010, 09:53:44 PM
I read about 30 pages and gave up.

All I can say is the result looks great! That's the nicest GL I've ever seen  :2thumbs:

Wow! Thank you very much.. Nice of you to say  :cheers:

I was out the other day, visiting a friend at a local shop, and a guy pulled in with his kids. He asked "Can we take some pictures?". I said "Knock yourselves out!!". They were there for about 20 minutes. When leaving , he says "Wow, you do nice work!". My response had him, and the guys at the shop laughing.. I said "No I don't.. You wouldn't want to see MY work. My FRIENDS do nice work, and this is a reflection of it!". I am certainly not taking credit for any of it except for it's upkeep from here on out.

On another note, I was looking over my engine dyno charts this morning.. Pretty cool to have 540 ft/lbs torque at 4500 RPMS.  :cheers:

jb666

What a week!! It's OVER! It's FINALLY OVER!

The new Painless Wiring setup, thanks to Jon, was not-so-painlessly installed... but it came out INCREDIBLE. No lie, I have NO wires visible under my hood except the plug wires.. I'll post a few pics later of the engine bay...

The wife and I headed to the first HUGE show in the General today. We got there an hour early and got (IMO) the best spot, in the grass... Here are a few shots... I'm celebrating today, as it truly is a great day and is the day I AM FINALLY ready to move on and leave all of this bullshit behind. Onward and upward... Time to enjoy life and not worry about the 10 years I lost during this project...

A couple of cool panoramic shots...

What a day to remember!!!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Go Hogs Go

Go Hogs!

ChgrSteve67

What no pics of the engine compartment ?????

Now you need to work on your car show display props.
Small Moonshine crate in the back would be cool.
Hazard County license plate frame.

I'm glad your finally declaring victory with the car.
How long before your done dealing with BK?
Just throwing out some ideas for you.

Weren't you going to do a display with of some of the parts of the car that were taken off?

I think the story about how the car go to be the way it is today really lets people know how special that GL really is.

jb666

You are so right.. I AM putting together a nice display for the shows, but you've given me an even better idea (and don't worry, it doesn't involve dolls).  :lol:

As for the engine shots, I hadn't taken any, until today...

I can honestly say this has been the best weekend of my life. We cruised to 3 shows. Talked to tons of people, and best of all, we didn't come across ONE a-hole.. Usually you get the occasional "Why a General Lee? Why would you do this to a beloved Charger?!?!"... But not this weekend..  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I love some of the questions... "Is this one of the originals??". NO  :brickwall:, would I be taking it to WAL MART if it was?? "are the doors welded shut like the original??". NO  :brickwall: , they weren't either! "Hey, you know there's metal flake in your paint??". NO SHIT?!?!?!?! I hadn't realized that!!  :brickwall:  And the best one..... "There's overspray all over your car" (he was looking directly down on the front fender when the sun had gone down). I said nope, it's metal flake, it has a "pepper" appearance when you look straight down on it  :lol:

I'll post some shots of the engine compartment soon, I have a TON of pictures to go through.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on May 23, 2010, 06:51:34 PM
So Jeff, Is it going to make a trip to Carlisle this year?
I've already talked to one of the sales reps (he owns 10 acres on his "ranch" in Carlisle) and he's extended an invite to stay at no charge.. you'll laugh, but I'm going to approach a buddy of mine with an enclosed trailer to bring it to Ed's house (rep) and drive to the show from there.. Not that I don't TRUST the car to make the trip, I just don't want to chance it..

So  yeah, I do believe I will be!!!

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Thanks!!

First, I wanted to show a couple of pictures of the wiring that came out of the car.. Jon @ Tube Chassis Designz installed a full Painless wiring setup from the front to the rear.. What a MESS that came out.. Wires in the trunk with 30 splices. Open/exposed wires. Melted high beam switch wiring. And the hits keep coming!!

And this is only about 1/4 of the wires that I chose to take from his shop (the worst of them).

I'm sure some of you guys have seen wiring like this , especially out of a 40+ year old car.. .Just not out of a $90k restoration job... The fuse panel looks like it was under water.

if anyone wants OR NEEDS anything you see here, let me know, it's yours.