News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre

Just out of curiosity what is your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on your Hemi GL?

472 R/T SE

As crazy as it sounds it's too bad they cut the wires so close to the end in that one shot.  Someone would actually buy that harness simply cause of the price of a new one.

That's cool that you'll be at Carlisle.  We're flying in from Oregon, anxious to see the car, meet you.

jb666

Quote from: Sabre on May 23, 2010, 07:36:31 PM
Just out of curiosity what is your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on your Hemi GL?
I can honestly say I have no idea on either...

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 23, 2010, 07:40:44 PM
As crazy as it sounds it's too bad they cut the wires so close to the end in that one shot.  Someone would actually buy that harness simply cause of the price of a new one.

That's cool that you'll be at Carlisle.  We're flying in from Oregon, anxious to see the car, meet you.

I know it, but someone's still welcome to them if they'd like.

Thanks, I look forward to meeting you guys as well.

jb666

Ok, here are a couple of quick shots I just took.  The MAIN junction box under the wiper motor... HISTORY. Everything else? Gone.. The engine bay is CLEAN. Jon really is one of the greatest in his field.. In my opinion, the man can do no wrong...  Unfortunately, these pictures do the real thing no justice, but here are a few shots..

A couple of notes.. I'll be polishing the radiator and replacing all of the fender bolts (stainless) this weekend to tie in some detail..

hemi-hampton

I might need this Bulkhead peice? Hold it for me. LEON,.

jb666

hemi-hampton

I need one for a E-Body, as long as it works in a E-body I'll take it. LEON.

rooks

Awesome!  :2thumbs:

So good to check back in on this post and see that it's all done, and you can finally move on to simply enjoying it.

This has been quite a journey, and all I did was read it. Can't imagine how you'd be feeling right now, despite all the shit you had to put up with to get here.

Well done mate. The General looks absolutely fantastic!

:cheers:

jb666

Quote from: rooks on May 24, 2010, 02:35:41 AM
Awesome!  :2thumbs:

So good to check back in on this post and see that it's all done, and you can finally move on to simply enjoying it.

This has been quite a journey, and all I did was read it. Can't imagine how you'd be feeling right now, despite all the shit you had to put up with to get here.

Well done mate. The General looks absolutely fantastic!

:cheers:

Thank you! It was definitely an emotional weekend. Between the joy of having it DONE and the weight being lifted off my shoulders KNOWING it was done.. It really was something else.

Leon --- I'm not sure if the B/E body uses the same pc, but if you decide you want it, it's yours.

PocketThunder

"Hey, you know there's metal flake in your paint??". NO SHIT?!?!?!?! I hadn't realized that!!   

That made me laugh out loud!!!!!!!  :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl: :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jb666

Last night was a classic... I attended a local show, after work. When first place was being announced, they called my name out. I almost fell over, and I guess the look on my face showed that because when I got up to accept the trophy the guy says "You shouldn't act so surprised, get used to it!". It's a new experience for me!!!!

69*F5*SE

mikepmcs

WOOT!  No surprise here seeing as you have the nicest GL on the planet!
Well earned!!!! :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 26, 2010, 03:23:34 PM
WOOT!  No surprise here seeing as you have the nicest GL on the planet!
Well earned!!!! :2thumbs:

Not any more, Mike.. I got a little sick of people asking me if I can "jump it" at the shows... So I decided to take a guy up on his offer... Now you guys will all have to suffer through another build of this car.

I promise it won't be as bad as the first time around.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 05, 2010, 04:24:51 PM
haha
you bored Jeff?  :smilielol:

not at all.. Just got finished editing and uploading another 100 pics from today's visit.. And saw this on Don's FB page.. Had to swipe it.

Mike, I'm not sure if you're around next weekend, but the biggest show of the year is happening.. I'll be front and center.. If you're around, I'll send you some details.

MoparManJim

Jeff, I told you that 300 foot jump you was going at that you would not clear it at the speed you was going at! See you didn't listen did you  :RantExplode: :lol: :lol: 

You gave the poor General a sure and bent up nose from it!  :lol: , I bet if he could talk he be doing this  :RantExplode: at you right about now. 

Now on the serous side, at least you admit you borrowed it from Don. I had a guy last mid week take a photo I posted and say I copied what he posted when he was the 2nd guy to post in the thread and I was the 4th to post, I got even though  :lol:

mikepmcs

Quote from: jb666 on June 05, 2010, 04:26:45 PM

Mike, I'm not sure if you're around next weekend, but the biggest show of the year is happening.. I'll be front and center.. If you're around, I'll send you some details.

Please and thank you. :2thumbs:

stuga

That's a awesome job jb666, what a beautiful car :2thumbs:, and to think your only in Boston and I,m just west of Worcester, MA in Spencer, MA.
Are you going to the summer national at green hill park in Worcester for the july 4 weekend?

jb666

Quote from: stuga on June 06, 2010, 12:52:31 PM
That's a awesome job jb666, what a beautiful car :2thumbs:, and to think your only in Boston and I,m just west of Worcester, MA in Spencer, MA.
Are you going to the summer national at green hill park in Worcester for the july 4 weekend?

Thank you!  :cheers:

I'll check into it.. That's my vacation week so the timing is perfect!!!

mikepmcs

on another note..happy anniversary on your paint. one year ago today it was painted, I believe. or close to it anyway. Well, happy paint anniversary week anyway. :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 06, 2010, 02:40:57 PM
on another note..happy anniversary on your paint. one year ago today it was painted, I believe. or close to it anyway. Well, happy paint anniversary week anyway. :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

I was just saying that to Chuck, that it was a YEAR ago it was painted!! Doesn't seem possible...  :o

On another note, I just posted in the WANTED section for a set of front seat belts.. Doesn't look like the 5pt harnesses are ever going to happen (been waiting months for a bracket that was missing), so I'm just going to go OEM. Any ideas on who/where might have a pair AND the hardware to mount them?

Charger-Bodie

B/E&A and PG Classics both sell new ones at a very reasonable price....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 06, 2010, 04:42:32 PM
B/E&A and PG Classics both sell new ones at a very reasonable price....

oh cool, I'll go check it out now. Of course, the first place I looked was EBay and I saw nothing..

$375  :o

http://www.beaparts.com/item_detail.aspx?id=1067

Not to sound like a cheap ass (at this point in the game), but I was hoping for a decent set of used (front) belts...

71ChallengeHer

Jeff, Congrats on 1 year  :cheers:  I'm still fixing messed up stuff on the Chally after 6 years. The guy I bought it from" Butch " shouldn't ever work on a car.  ::)  Bart has lovingly nicknamed him " The Butcher "  :rofl: :rofl: