News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Much better... Thanks Mike  :cheers: :cheers:

Next question.. Tan interior (obviously).. Tan or Black belts??

MoparManJim

Well either way you go would work, tan ties in with the interior, and so does black with the roll cage you have. 

FLG

Cars looking great jeff!!

Where ya been? Sent ya a few texts.

jb666

Well, I can say that the past few weeks have been absolutely amazing... A dream come true! Visiting old friends.. Cruising..Car shows..  And best of all, the "publicity" that this car gets is awesome. It is, in a sense, a 'movie star' where ever it goes. Does it get annoying? At times, yes... There are even times I want to tell everyone the Dixie horn is broken  :eek2:  :lol: , but it's all good.

Anyways, I've been asked by a Boston radio station to do some publicity shots with them, and just yesterday a guy that owns a well known detailing shop in my area asked if I'd come by for some pictures for his new poster/fliers. I of course jumped at the opportunity.. And before that, last week, my buddy's shop made up a flier using my car... Before you ask, no I don't "get anything from this" except the joy of knowing it's my car.. That's all I need after the last two years!!

And a few of the shots from yesterday's photo shoot. For those of you on Facebook, you can see them all here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4520352&op=1&view=all&subj=1441461855&id=40729588338#!/album.php?aid=75806&id=40729588338&ref=mf

Larger images here:

http://forums.yuppieracing.net/showthread.php?p=196723#post196723

And I know I've thanked Jon, Chuck & Blair a million times, but it dawned on me last night, at a local show, that if it weren't for my buddy Chris making that first phone call for me I never would have met any of these guys... So Chris...  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: , it appears I owe you the most out of the bunch since you made it all happen for me.

My next set of pictures? It'll hopefully be of a nice dual quad setup hiding under my hood.

FLG

Nice pics Jeff!!

Car looks fricken awesome!

Im thinking your gonna deff get that bad a$$ factor with the dual quads, but your going to wind up hurting your hp numbers a bit.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on June 19, 2010, 01:38:14 PM
Nice pics Jeff!!

Im thinking your gonna deff get that bad a$$ factor with the dual quads, but your going to wind up hurting your hp numbers a bit.

I don't think so, but we'll see, Frank... The only thing that HURT my dyno numbers this past time around was the fact that I ran out of CFM's up over 6200. How will I LOSE when this new setup will increase my CFM's, putting me where I NEED to be??

FLG

I guess this is payback for all the carpet jokes eh?

Got the pm..I was generally speaking in terms of a single 4 bbl giving better numbers than dual quads.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on June 19, 2010, 06:07:44 PM
I guess this is payback for all the carpet jokes eh?

Got the pm..I was generally speaking in terms of a single 4 bbl giving better numbers than dual quads.

You'd better believe it  :lol:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on June 19, 2010, 06:01:09 PM
Quote from: FLG on June 19, 2010, 01:38:14 PM
Nice pics Jeff!!

I don't think so, but we'll see, Frank... The only thing that HURT my dyno numbers this past time around was the fact that I ran out of CFM's up over 6200. How will I LOSE when this new setup will increase my CFM's, putting me where I NEED to be??

Okay, I got to ask this, what the heck is a CFM? 

BTW, Jeff, your car is looking down right beautiful  :2thumbs: :cheers: 

Brock Samson

MoparManJim

autodynamics

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on June 19, 2010, 09:53:09 PM
hey jb666 are you going to carlisle???

I'm hoping too, yes. I have allocated the time off already, and I have a (free) place to stay about 3 miles from the show.. Best of all I have (if I want it) access to an enclosed trailer, too, so I can ride down in air conditioned comfort...

BUT... There's a baby due in the family and it would be the only thing stopping me!!!

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 19, 2010, 07:33:07 PM
Cubic Feet per Minute,.. fuel flow.

Precisely. When my motor was on the dyno I was told that I could pick up another 30-40HP if I went with a bigger carb. But, the carb on my car (believe it or not) has some sentimental value to me (it was a gift from someone), so that wasn't an option.

Even with the new 'plans' this intake and carb will never go anywhere... I almost hate to mess with it, because the car is running like a DREAM!!!

Cooter

Jeff, if you are able to go, PLEASE hollar at me at the Christine Car Club tent on the show field, as I'd love to meet 'ya...I'll be on and off the swap meet looking for Challenger parts, but will be ahangin' at the tent as well...I'll be the big ass redneck, hillbilly that looks like well, "Cooter" with a goatee..LOL...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

jb666

Quote from: Cooter on June 20, 2010, 01:03:30 PM
Jeff, if you are able to go, PLEASE hollar at me at the Christine Car Club tent on the show field, as I'd love to meet 'ya...I'll be on and off the swap meet looking for Challenger parts, but will be ahangin' at the tent as well...I'll be the big ass redneck, hillbilly that looks like well, "Cooter" with a goatee..LOL...

:rofl: Love the honesty... "Big ass redneck hillbilly....."  :rofl:

Cooter, I'll definitely look you up.. I can't wait to see that beauty of yours... I think I've seen every picture you've ever taken of it and need a few of my own!!!

Cooter

Sorry, "Christine" couldn't amke it this year....She'll be there next year though, along with some of the movie stars...(Hee,Hee)
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

d/ur/t

Quote from: jb666 on June 20, 2010, 12:00:25 PM
Quote from: autodynamics on June 19, 2010, 09:53:09 PM
hey jb666 are you going to carlisle???

I'm hoping too, yes. I have allocated the time off already, and I have a (free) place to stay about 3 miles from the show.. Best of all I have (if I want it) access to an enclosed trailer, too, so I can ride down in air conditioned comfort...

BUT... There's a baby due in the family and it would be the only thing stopping me!!!

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 19, 2010, 07:33:07 PM
Cubic Feet per Minute,.. fuel flow.

Precisely. When my motor was on the dyno I was told that I could pick up another 30-40HP if I went with a bigger carb. But, the carb on my car (believe it or not) has some sentimental value to me (it was a gift from someone), so that wasn't an option.

!!!
Jeff you thought of having someone pollish that  carb right out a mate made 30cfm more out of his 780 holley.This also made the carb much more responsive above 3k and realy growelled once the  was jetted again.

jb666

Check out one of the posters my daughter made me for Father's Day! I have this one, and one other I'll post when I get home.

Staples is printing them to 24X30" for shows... I wanted them to answer those "common questions", and yes, I've been asked all of these and more...

mikepmcs

jb666

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on June 21, 2010, 06:12:12 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on June 21, 2010, 06:04:49 PM
AWESOME! :2thumbs:

Wait till you see version #2... VERY cool!!!

And just wait to you see the improvement I did with your model!  :lol: 

Now I just have to do one more side. I have not ever seen anyone do this trick before to a model as I know of. 

d/ur/t

Quote from: jb666 on June 21, 2010, 05:59:15 PM
Check out one of the posters my daughter made me for Father's Day! I have this one, and one other I'll post when I get home.

Staples is printing them to 24X30" for shows... I wanted them to answer those "common questions", and yes, I've been asked all of these and more...

Jeff did your daughter get the drive line right there's no ford 9" diff and no turbo 400 gearbox from a cheby is this true. :smilielol:

Gottta love the dodge hey.btw I am joking.

Car looks sweet bte can't wait till the R/T comes up all shiny.

jb666

You're going to laugh, but my initial plan was to buy a clean roller and put a 572BB in it... But (get this) I thought it would cost me too much  :smilielol: