News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

71ChallengeHer

jb666

So check it out... Sorry for the image quality, these were taken from my IPhone... I tried to leave the text portion short & sweet as to not over-load them...

Trunk jam:

Hood:

These will be in place for Friday night's show. I hope to get pictures of people's faces as they read them.. I'm HOPING the stupid questions come to an end.

FLG

LMAO Jeff they look GREAT!

But to disappoint...the stupid questions never end. I almost hate when some people come up to ask questions about anything or say anything and ive got a plane jane charger..cant imagine the crowd with with the general. Basically i pray when they open there mouth they just have something nice to say or know what there talking about, or at least if they dont they dont pretend they do.

"I had one of thems in a convertible" has been a big topic of people lately here  :slap:

Bluestar

What cruises do you go to?  Gillette?  South Easton Regional?

jb666

Quote from: Bluestar on June 23, 2010, 02:31:06 PM
What cruises do you go to?  Gillette?  South Easton Regional?

I do Gilette as a spectator.. It's too big, and by the time I get out of work and down there they are turning people away. Not to mention that show is just TOO big and out of control. I don't enjoy it like I used to.

Same with South Easton.. .It's an hour drive for me. Leave work at 5PM, get there at 6, people are leaving, not getting there..

So I hit AutoZone Weymouth every Tuesday. Cardi's on Wednesday. Halifax Wal-Mart on Friday (that show is HUGE) and if anything else local pops up that I can make it to leaving work at 5PM, I'll hit it.

Darkman

I've been meaning to post here for a while. It was a monumental read and a monumental battle! Jeff, your car is outstanding and it has really revived the DOH fan in me. Congratulations on your car and it is great that you are getting to enjoy the shows! Kudos to you for not wanting to have a "series correct" car and personalising it enough for it to be yours and not just another General Lee out there! I considered never doing a General Lee clone with my charger when I got/get it, but your's had me thinking about how cool it would be to have a GL here in Aus.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

moparstuart

damn i thought for sure that the car could at least FLY   :icon_smile_big: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

I'm pleased to announce the The General went to represent "American Muscle" at a large show held by Toyota. It was for a great cause (Cancer research), and there was over 250 cars.. Some had AMAZING artwork. 2-tone jobs. Custom paint, and things I had never seen...

Which is why, at the end of the night, I was really happy to hear my name get announced in the BEST OF PAINT category!!! I was also the "runner up" for BEST OF SHOW. The car that beat me was a $250k AMG Benz.... An AMAZING car... I was pleased to come in right behind that.. it was parked beside me all night.

The show helped raise over $6k toward finding a cure for Cancer. All $$ went to the Dana Farber Institute. I was proud to be there  :cheers:

MoparManJim

I am real glad to hear that man, we need more people like you in life  :cheers: :2thumbs: 

I like the photos also that you posted  :2thumbs: 

john.v

resq302

Sounds like all of your hard work is finally paying off.  Really nice to hear since you had all that trouble with the car initially.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on July 18, 2010, 05:15:41 PM
Sounds like all of your hard work is finally paying off.  Really nice to hear since you had all that trouble with the car initially.

That's what I keep thinking too... That it's FINALLY worth it now that I can enjoy the car. Funny thing is I seem to have someone at almost EVERY show walk up and ask "Is this that General Lee online that was hacked?", in one way or another... Word has definitely spread about this car... Cool thing is it ALL started here  :2thumbs:

1RareBird

Your car really did turn out great.  Seriously, very nice job.  One little thing to note, dana 60's came with 3.54 gears not 3.55's like 8 3/4" rears.  Not trying to blast your sign, it looks great too, just a small error.  I hope some day I get the chance to see that car in person.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

jb666

Thank you. I caught that after it was printed and to date no ones called me on it yet  :lol:

Either way, it's ok. Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

General_01

Getting to enjoy the car now AND getting awards. Enjoy it. You have had one hell of a ride with this car. Congrats Jeff. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on July 18, 2010, 06:55:22 PM
Getting to enjoy the car now AND getting awards. Enjoy it. You have had one hell of a ride with this car. Congrats Jeff. :2thumbs:

No pun intended!! But you are right, thank you!!! You have NO IDEA (well, maybe you do) how much I've been enjoying it the past couple of months.. The car is awesome.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 18, 2010, 08:03:57 PM
:2thumbs: SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Thanks Mike!!

The best, I've been saving for last.......

I got an invite, from the organizer of the show (World Of Wheels BOSTON) to be the "display car" for the "American Muscle Car Icon" this year at the show. (Technically the first 1/4 of 2011). It will be up there, in one of the top positions.. I am VERY excited about this and can tell you I know where I'll be at least one weekend this winter!!

I hope you'll be able to make it down, Mike?? I'll be parked next to a Twin Turbo Porsche (representing exotic) and another car that hasn't been decided yet from an earlier era.

There's even an artist doing a photo sketch for me.. Should be done in the next two weeks:

resq302

Quote from: jb666 on July 18, 2010, 08:10:07 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on July 18, 2010, 08:03:57 PM
:2thumbs: SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Thanks Mike!!

The best, I've been saving for last.......

I got an invite, from the organizer of the show (World Of Wheels BOSTON) to be the "display car" for the "American Muscle Car Icon" this year at the show. (Technically the first 1/4 of 2011). It will be up there, in one of the top positions.. I am VERY excited about this and can tell you I know where I'll be at least one weekend this winter!!

I hope you'll be able to make it down, Mike?? I'll be parked next to a Twin Turbo Porsche (representing exotic) and another car that hasn't been decided yet from an earlier era.

There's even an artist doing a photo sketch for me.. Should be done in the next two weeks:

Now THAT is cool! :coolgleamA:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ionracer24

Duuuuuude, i've been a mechanic on and off for alot of years and i just finished checkin out the wiring pics......ur soooo lucky that thing didn't burn to the ground.....dam lucky..
Real race cars have three pedals......

jb666

Quote from: ionracer24 on July 20, 2010, 04:20:41 PM
Duuuuuude, i've been a mechanic on and off for alot of years and i just finished checkin out the wiring pics......ur soooo lucky that thing didn't burn to the ground.....dam lucky..

You're telling me.... :o

472 R/T SE

There was a row of Generals @ Carlisle but I never paid any attention to them since none of them were yours.

Back N Black

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on July 21, 2010, 05:16:11 PM
Any updates on BK auto? are they still restoring cars?  :shruggy:

I HAVE NO IDEA, nor do I care, to be honest with you. The name BK AUTO is synonymous with MUD now.. So anyone stupid enough to use them (without doing any research) deserves what they get. I'm not spending another minute thinking about those hacks. I'll let Karma deal with them in time...