News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostsheep

Quote from: jb666 on July 18, 2010, 08:10:07 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on July 18, 2010, 08:03:57 PM
:2thumbs: SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Thanks Mike!!

The best, I've been saving for last.......

I got an invite, from the organizer of the show (World Of Wheels BOSTON) to be the "display car" for the "American Muscle Car Icon" this year at the show. (Technically the first 1/4 of 2011). It will be up there, in one of the top positions.. I am VERY excited about this and can tell you I know where I'll be at least one weekend this winter!!

Dude...What an honor! Congrats!

jb666

Thanks, and to top it off, very soon I'll officially be able to call my car a 6-speed  :icon_smile_big:

MoparManJim

Dame!! Talk about good planning, that is the same design of shifter that your model has already!  :yesnod: :2thumbs: 

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on July 23, 2010, 02:53:57 PM
Dame!! Talk about good planning, that is the same design of shifter that your model has already!  :yesnod: :2thumbs: 

Actually, it was done this way on purpose. Gear Vendors makes different setups depending on what you're running for a shifter. This just happens to be mine  :cheers: :cheers:

Quickest way to get me down to 2.73's on the highway without doing a gear swap!!!

chargergirl

I know I'm late in congratulating you...however...WHAT A VICTORY! After all your hard work and endurance to have the car of your dreams, recognition for the shop that did you right, and in honored position for next year!  That is Fantastic! and Well Deserved!
Trust your Woobie!

jb666

Quote from: chargergirl on August 03, 2010, 07:06:08 PM
I know I'm late in congratulating you...however...WHAT A VICTORY! After all your hard work and endurance to have the car of your dreams, recognition for the shop that did you right, and in honored position for next year!  That is Fantastic! and Well Deserved!

Hey, thank you! It's never late... Every cruise.. Every day I see it... Is a victory.. The car is everything I hoped it could be...

AND, to top it all off, I found out it's got 3.73's, NOT 3.54's as I was originally told.. So things just keep getting better!!  (well , they'd be even better with 4.10's!!)  :lol:

jb666

Well, it's been a while, so I figured I'd post a quick update...

A month later, and still no Gear Vendors unit ... I guess two weeks = 4 weeks.. hopefully this means they are good and busy making quality products  :shruggy:

BUT, I did pull the trigger on something else.....

I had been wrestling with the thought of a blower through the hood.. After much thought and discussion, I realized it clashes with the look of the General and would look gay... So I went with a full ProCharger kit... Everything under the hood, so it retains it's look, but'll have a Hell of a cool sound!!

Decided to go with their complete top of the line kit (water injection and all) so that I wouldn't have to worry about cutting corners...

Should be pretty crazy when it's done.

In the meantime, these went on last night when I got home in anticipation of some serious traction issues . I know these won't completely resolve my traction problems, but they'll help (until it's mini-tubbed  :lol: )

Just 6T9 CHGR

Woah!   That sounds like it will be one hell of a ride!   Dare I say yee ha?  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 25, 2010, 05:41:48 PM
Woah!   That sounds like it will be one hell of a ride!   Dare I say yee ha?  ;)

LOL! Nah, you still can...  Everyone else does...

This has been one Hell of a summer... All I can say is I'll be sorry to see it end.. I haven't missed one cruise/show in my area.. Met some AWESOME people and made some really cool new friends.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: Neal_J on August 25, 2010, 07:04:06 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 25, 2010, 05:38:21 PM
would look gay

Good call.

Thanks.. I know the GL isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I would hate to do ANYTHING to it that even I would regret...

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on August 25, 2010, 08:33:22 PM
Quote from: Neal_J on August 25, 2010, 07:04:06 PM
would look gay

Good call.

Thanks.. I know the GL isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I would hate to do ANYTHING to it that even I would regret...

Just remember this, we're not the one that has to live with it... you are the one  :icon_smile_wink: 

Brock Samson

FLG

Jeff im glad you went that route. After those texts and u seeing that cuda i almost was sure i convinced you  :nana:

Cant wait to go for a ride  :2thumbs:

jb666

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 25, 2010, 09:39:38 PM
put it on and make him tear apart that model again..  :lol:

I don't have the engine all the way done yet bud, and the engine bay is not finish either, so that could be rearange  :icon_smile_wink: :nana: :lol:

FLG

jb666

Quote from: FLG on August 25, 2010, 10:33:43 PM
Quote from: jb666 on August 25, 2010, 10:11:06 PM
It was ordered before that pic  :nana:

So you say!

Ok FINE, so that might have helped me make the final decision, but don't let it go to your head...  What didn't hurt, either, was the huge group of people telling me NOT to go through the hood!!!

Now.. To inject or not to inject.. That is the question  :icon_smile_big:

rooks

Not to inject.

Not for a few years at least. You've gone through so much with this Charger, you should just chill and enjoy it for awhile. Give yourself some time to enjoy the car without having to adjust to a new mod everytime you jump in it.

:coolgleamA:

tan top

Well, it's been a while, so I figured I'd post a quick update...

A month later, and still no Gear Vendors unit ... I guess two weeks = 4 weeks.. hopefully this means they are good and busy making quality products  :shruggy:

BUT, I did pull the trigger on something else.....

I had been wrestling with the thought of a blower through the hood.. After much thought and discussion, I realized it clashes with the look of the General and would look gay... So I went with a full ProCharger kit... Everything under the hood, so it retains it's look, but'll have a Hell of a cool sound!!

Decided to go with their complete top of the line kit (water injection and all) so that I wouldn't have to worry about cutting corners...

Should be pretty crazy when it's done.

In the meantime, these went on last night when I got home in anticipation of some serious traction issues . I know these won't completely resolve my traction problems, but they'll help (until it's mini-tubbed  :lol: )

procharger awesome  ,  was thinking a bout getting one a few year back , like the idea as can stuff it all under a stock hood  :coolgleamA: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ACUDANUT

Quote from: rooks on August 29, 2010, 03:19:07 AM
Not to inject.

Not for a few years at least. You've gone through so much with this Charger, you should just chill and enjoy it for awhile. Give yourself some time to enjoy the car without having to adjust to a new mod everytime you jump in it.

Not a bad idea. Maybe get another car to put back on the road and yet save another....Would be junk ?

jb666

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 29, 2010, 06:42:04 PM
Not to inject.

Not a bad idea. Maybe get another car to put back on the road and yet save another....Would be junk ?

No way.. I don't have it in me.

Today was my TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the day I drove home from Maryland with the Orange clunker... You know the rest..

There is no way I've got the emotional strength for another build though...  That's why I want to go balls out on this one and do it EXACTLY like I've been dreaming of and then be DONE with it...

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on August 30, 2010, 08:06:57 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 29, 2010, 06:42:04 PM
Not to inject.

No way.. I don't have it in me.

Today was my TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the day I drove home from Maryland with the Orange clunker... You know the rest..

There is no way I've got the emotional strength for another build though...  That's why I want to go balls out on this one and do it EXACTLY like I've been dreaming of and then be DONE with it...

Okay, okay.. I have to confuse here also.. I know Jeff's car is only a car. But sense we got talking last year I been working on the model version of his car every sense then. Sense I started the build and been building the small version of his full size version, I must admit that his car also became part of my life as well. You see just by building the model and detailing like I am and are doing for him so that it looks like the real car. I feel like as if I been there with him and Chuck and Blair working on the real car as well in a way so to speak.. I mean the updates that the guys made to the real car well lets just say those updates was also made in the scale version to by me  :lol: .   

Jeff doing another another build? I don't think Jeff's lovely wife would like that to well  :lol: as Jeff is still working on this one yet.   :D But I have heard rumors that she making Jeff seek help due to him and his building of his car though.  :lol:

chargergirl

[/quote]
Low, sexy, throaty rumble is so much better on a street car.
Trust your Woobie!