News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

jb666

Well, the Gear Vendor's OD unit is in and IT IS AWESOME. Hard to get used to, but nothing a bit of time behind the wheel won't fix...

Here you can see GV's unit under my dash and the custom billet shifter handle they made for my assembly.

:cheers: :cheers:

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

jb666

Well, the Caltracs system Is done!!!  :o :o

Equipped on 6 of the last 7 World Champions in Stock Elliminator. Calvert Racing's Split Mono-Leafs are used by drag race enthusiast across the nation, that demand nothing but the best performance!

Calvert Racing's Split Mono-Leafs are available for most cars and light weight trucks. Most springs are in stock and typically ship out by the following day. Call us now for your application!

* Complete with aluminum bushings in front eyes, & urethane bushings in rear eyes.

* Split Mono-Leafs made to work in conjunction with CalTracs.

* 200lb. - 225lb. spring rates available.

* Various ride height options.

* Substantially lighter than multileaf springs for unsprung weight savings.

* Heavy duty alignment spring clamps.

Specializing in leafspring traction enhancement systems for over 15 years, the Calvert Racing Team knows what it takes to get your car hooking harder than ever!

With unsurpassed quality and craftsmanship, all competition is eliminated. Why settle for anything less than the original system that set the standards?

Calvert Racing's CalTracs are the most innovative traction bar units today, often imitated, but never duplicated.

If you have a leafspring car, we have a set of bars for you! From daily driven cars, to 8-second outlaw cars, this system is made to out perform!

* Complete bolt-on, no cutting, welding, or modifications to OEM suspension.

* Keeps axle from rotating, helping maintain pinion angle.

* Improves 60ft times.

* Full preload adjustability.

* Eliminates spring wrap-up.

* Powdercoated gloss black finish.

* Full color Installation Guide.

* PSCA, NMCA, NHRA approved.

With a nice little surprise... Strange adjustable shocks!!

And finally.. A little teaser shot...

472 R/T SE

You should have ran it at the track first so you could feel/see the difference from the Cal Tracs.

All this work you're doing, have done, is sure to get some rag's attention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 15, 2010, 07:16:49 PM
You should have ran it at the track first so you could feel/see the difference from the Cal Tracs.

All this work you're doing, have done, is sure to get some rag's attention.

Indeed I have... Now, waiting for it to happen is another story.

As for the track, I should have, you are definitely right.. I actually wish I ran it before the blower goes on so I'll have a good idea of exactly what it added.. But I have my dyno #'s before, and it'll be dyno'd immediately after AND run at the track.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 15, 2010, 07:42:55 PM
oooh intercooler :cheers:

I like to think of it as jewelry  :icon_smile_big:

Jon has installed this system on a lot of cars... Which put my mind at ease on how it would perform on the street. But, after my 30 mile ride home (back roads) I have to say that I'm impressed. It's smoother and tighter than ever before.. And the addition of the Strange adjustable shocks really is something I'm glad I didn't pass up on.

The car loved the 58 degree night... And even with the roads cool and the air crisp, the car just hooked up and launched hard without hesitation.... I'm impressed  :cheers: :cheers:

Sorry for the crappy phone pics.. I'll have better shots another time...

472 R/T SE

The frame's tied isn't it?  With those drag radials it's a must imo, let alone because of the upgrades that are about to happen.  You prolly won't be at the track every weekend, but having the doors open & close w/o slamming them would be nice.  Your boyz at the chasis place prolly know all that.

HemiDoug gave me the idea but we welded up a bolt in drive shaft loop to the frame connectors.

I must admit, I have a renewed interest in your ride.  I'm prolly at the peak with my Charger as far as doing any more upgrades before it becomes silly since I have the #'s drivetrain.  I've always contemplated having a 671 sticking up out of the hood but your route is definitely intriguing.

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 15, 2010, 10:13:48 PM
The frame's tied isn't it?  With those drag radials it's a must imo, let alone because of the upgrades that are about to happen.  You prolly won't be at the track every weekend, but having the doors open & close w/o slamming them would be nice.  Your boyz at the chasis place prolly know all that.

HemiDoug gave me the idea but we welded up a bolt in drive shaft loop to the frame connectors.

I must admit, I have a renewed interest in your ride.  I'm prolly at the peak with my Charger as far as doing any more upgrades before it becomes silly since I have the #'s drivetrain.  I've always contemplated having a 671 sticking up out of the hood but your route is definitely intriguing.

Yes. Actually the reason my car first went to Tube Chassis Designz was for frame connectors and a 6 point cage.. It all fell apart from there.. I'm now running a full frame and 10pt cage.

The drive shaft loop... now that isn't a bad idea!

I wanted the blower through the hood too, but IMO the look just did not fit the car.... ANY OTHER Charger, but a GL?? Nope...

So I figured my plan for this year was to enjoy the Hell out of the car, which I HAVE (it's been an AWESOME summer) and put the car away this winter with everything I wanted done.. That way I can look forward to cruising in the Spring, not making appointments and losing the car... So far, I'm on track!  :2thumbs:

And I just learned the World Of Wheels has been bumped up to April 1st, so that's  a bit better, weather wise...

meepmeep70

jeff looks awesome,missed ya last night,but will catch up soon.can't wait to see the upgrades in person :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: meepmeep70 on September 16, 2010, 08:27:30 AM
jeff looks awesome,missed ya last night,but will catch up soon.can't wait to see the upgrades in person :2thumbs:

Thanks Darren!! I'll definitely see you around this week.. Will you be around Friday night if the weather holds out?? How about Sunday for Cars & Copters?? Gotta go up in the sky for a birds eye view!!!

472 R/T SE

I gave this pic to my fab guy.  Doug too, is running a Gear Vendors overdrive, except it's a 4 gear.

With your overdrive & X exhaust a custom loop is about your only answer. 

jb666

MoparManJim

Okay, can someone do me a favor here and post what the gear unit looks like? please?  :-\

I have not ever seen one, and I would like to see what these things looks like to be honest. 

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on September 16, 2010, 05:31:24 PM
Okay, can someone do me a favor here and post what the gear unit looks like? please?  :-\

I have not ever seen one, and I would like to see what these things looks like to be honest. 

Here you go, Jim, from my previous page:

FLG

Jeff i see judging by the sicker on the GV unit you have the rare "710" version  :shruggy:

:smilielol:

Cars looking great man!

jb666

Went to a HUGE show sponsored by my friend's detailing shop...

Ended up meeting (and setting up a date) with a photographer from the Cape...

He took my all-time favorite picture!!

We are heading here to do a series of shots.

I can't wait!!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Back N Black

Nice going Jeff, i bet you are smiling ear to ear when driving down the street. :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on September 21, 2010, 06:55:17 PM
Nice going Jeff, i bet you are smiling ear to ear when driving down the street. :2thumbs:

Most of the time, yes. Every single day it's like Groundhog Day for me that I wake up and realize my dream has come true.. It's friggin' awesome.. that's why I can laugh about all the bad crap that happened along the way...  :cheers:

bullitt68dodgecharger

is any one of these places in illinois?,.....i have friend who got a 69 general lee dodge charger from there,.......looked like some of those pics from the beginning ,.............any it turned out nice

jb666

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666