News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

hahaha!  I'm tearing apart my porsche 928 right now.  What ya doin saturday?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 05, 2010, 07:15:05 PM
hahaha!  I'm tearing apart my porsche 928 right now.  What ya doin saturday?

Probably nothing, but still no blower... So save your frequent flier miles!!!

mikepmcs

To me it's about a man's dream realized.  I stopped caring about "them" a million years ago and was just happy and supportive of Jeff's progress and commitment.
The work that was done on that car(under the paint too) is utterly amazing and an incredible example of a 69 Charger.
The true definition of adapt and overcome.

:2thumbs: :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

BK? Who's that... Long gone, in my mind...

Well, here's something that I consider to be the sign of the END of this saga...  Check out the article that puts this whole thing into perspective (and bed).

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Car-Feature-The-Formerly-Hack-Job-General-Lee.html

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Very well done, Brian.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

G-man

Wow all this time I wondered what on earth was there to talk about BK auto for... never knew it turned into a resto thread. Boooooy am I late  :lol: :icon_smile_blackeye:

Extremely nice Charger. Absolutelly beautiful. Id be proud to own that and Im sure you are.  :2thumbs:

Howmuch HP in that motor?

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: G-man on October 09, 2010, 10:49:58 PM
Wow all this time I wondered what on earth was there to talk about BK auto for... never knew it turned into a resto thread. Boooooy am I late  :lol: :icon_smile_blackeye:

Extremely nice Charger. Absolutelly beautiful. Id be proud to own that and Im sure you are.  :2thumbs:

Howmuch HP in that motor?

Right now (pre-ProCharger) 561 at the crank.

G-man

THanks JB

Im looking forward to getting my 68 painted orange with the 01, no flag and will have 17x13 or 18x13 brown wheels. So its not a general lee but it is a General  :coocoo:

moparstuart

keep it blue  there are way to many orange chargers already   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

MoparManJim

Quote from: moparstuart on October 12, 2010, 04:19:27 PM

Okay, I'll bit this one, which way you talking? General Lee or just stock orange chargers?  :lol: 

The way you just said it sounds alot like you was talking about factory chargers as in being orange..  :D :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 12, 2010, 05:45:13 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 12, 2010, 04:19:27 PM

Okay, I'll bit this one, which way you talking? General Lee or just stock orange chargers?  :lol: 

The way you just said it sounds alot like you was talking about factory chargers as in being orange..  :D :nana:
both
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rooks

Quote from: jb666 on October 09, 2010, 08:26:53 AM
BK? Who's that... Long gone, in my mind...

Well, here's something that I consider to be the sign of the END of this saga...  Check out the article that puts this whole thing into perspective (and bed).

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Car-Feature-The-Formerly-Hack-Job-General-Lee.html

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Very well done, Brian.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Awesome! A fantastic read, and I'm sure for you, great to finally have conclusion to this saga.

Much deserved!  :cheers:

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 12, 2010, 04:15:34 PM
Why not a GL,... you a yank?

Nope, he's an Aussie! :)

If you are going to paint it Orange & put the 01 on the side, you have to put the flag on the roof - if you don't, even if you turn it into the finest Charger in the country, "why no flag?" is the only thing you will ever hear - and it'll drive you bonkers.

:Twocents:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: rooks on October 14, 2010, 02:09:09 PM

Nope, he's an Aussie! :)

If you are going to paint it Orange & put the 01 on the side, you have to put the flag on the roof - if you don't, even if you turn it into the finest Charger in the country, "why no flag?" is the only thing you will ever hear - and it'll drive you bonkers.

:Twocents:

Well that & according to nelson he got a lot of "this is the wrong year" statements from folks.

Dumb statements/questions do tend to get old.  My favorite is, "Is it real?"
I always answer with "Touch it, does it feel real to you?"
I usually determine what answers' to give depending on whether I want to continue the conversation.  ;)

jb666

Well, it's happening as we speak!!!!

And a shot of the wife's new skull, courtesy of Chuck!!

WB General Lee

Very sorry to hear about this. I have had quite a few run ins with loosers like these shops over the years and believe me its tough to find good people. I wish I knew how to do the work myself.

I do own two original General Lees so if I can be of any help I will certainly be happy to. I can send you pictures of my cars and or give you information that I have learned over the years. This makes me sick what happened to you because I can tell you a few stories. I just recently gave my restored Green Hornet car to a shop to put some wheels on it and all week they left the car outside in the rain and kept new cars inside when I have tons of electrical in the trunk that cannot get wet and now I have to fix my door poppers and a few gauges.

sanders7981

Nice!!! A ProCharger Charged Charger!!!  :icon_smile_big:  WIll the thing fit under the hood without modifying, or cutting on the hood?  I dont have any experience with Procharger, but had a Whipple on my truck and an Eaton before the Whipple.  I love me some superchargers!!  I would consider something this on my 451 or 470 stroker I plan on building.  Dont know if it will fit on he 400 block and clear the hood.  I am very anxious to see what RWHP humbers you get.  Standing by in Afghanistan!!!  - James 

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on October 19, 2010, 05:30:47 PM
Well, it's happening as we speak!!!!

And a shot of the wife's new skull, courtesy of Chuck!!

look at all them goodies !! christmas come early :drool5: ....... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparManJim

Well for the last few days I been working on the model version, and after the fuel line snap the other night (I didn't have it bended all the way with the 90degree angle in it) and with the fuel pump that the wire came undone from also when I was fixing the fuel line on top. So I took and removed the motor to work on it and I got the issue fix now and in the process I decided I would do one more up on this project. I'm going to add the procharger to the build also  :yesnod: :lol: . NOW I'm unsure just how Jeff and his guys are running the system in the real car so on the part I can only go off of guess work for on the model for on how they will be doing it on the real thing.

The70RT

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 21, 2010, 05:27:44 PM
Well for the last few days I been working on the model version, and after the fuel line snap the other night (I didn't have it bended all the way with the 90degree angle in it) and with the fuel pump that the wire came undone from also when I was fixing the fuel line on top. So I took and removed the motor to work on it and I got the issue fix now and in the process I decided I would do one more up on this project. I'm going to add the procharger to the build also  :yesnod: :lol: . NOW I'm unsure just how Jeff and his guys are running the system in the real car so on the part I can only go off of guess work for on the model for on how they will be doing it on the real thing.

Glad you didn't have a fire.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: sanders7981 on October 21, 2010, 10:01:12 AM
Nice!!! A ProCharger Charged Charger!!!  :icon_smile_big:  WIll the thing fit under the hood without modifying, or cutting on the hood?  I dont have any experience with Procharger, but had a Whipple on my truck and an Eaton before the Whipple.  I love me some superchargers!!  I would consider something this on my 451 or 470 stroker I plan on building.  Dont know if it will fit on he 400 block and clear the hood.  I am very anxious to see what RWHP humbers you get.  Standing by in Afghanistan!!!  - James 

First, and most important, I'm assuming you are a soldier. If this is the case I'd like to thank you for everything you are doing. Be safe, kick ass, and get home!!!

Next... Yep, it'll fit.. It's going to take some cutting, modifying, fabricating and welding.. But Jon doesn't let anything get the best of him.

Let me start off by showing you a funny one.. The ONLY thing on this car that the guys didn't touch (except to paint) were the BK "strength bars" under the hood. They raved about these things during the build on their page, saying how you could "lift the car up by these bad boys". Yeah, that's why they got 1/2 way through them when BOINK, the BK "welds" snapped.  :lol:

Oh yeah... This is some quality work right here....  :yesnod:

Anyways...  it's making room for this....

next.. My nice new Ansen valve covers have to be cut & modified... But it's for a good cause...

More coming later...

MoparManJim

Is it my eyes or is that radiator support bent?

PS I almost for got to put the oil filter on the model engine block!  :hah:.  Glad you posted photos.   

jb666

Sorry Jimbo, but... it's your eyes  :cheers: :lol:

If you mean the lower bar, that's not the stock lower support.