News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on October 21, 2010, 07:04:50 PM
Sorry Jimbo, but... it's your eyes  :cheers: :lol:

If you mean the lower bar, that's not the stock lower support.

Now, I just now realize, I was looking t the top rail and the bottom rail which is in the same part is curved upwards like on the model, and when I was looking at it, with the bottom rail having the curve on it. It gives the effect from how the photo was taken of it looking like the top rail area is bent outwards when in fact it's not. Sorry about that bud..  :cheers:  

sanders7981

Yes sir, I'm a US Marine.  Have been for the last 11 years.  Thanks for the support, it means a lot for all the service memebrs to have uspport of the nation back at home!!  

I am no expert welder, but my uncle's friend who is and taught me to MIG weld in about half a day so i am decent, and my welds come out metter than that.  I have to say that those welds look like hammered-dog-s#it!!  To be honest, it kinda looks like the smeared JB weld on it  :icon_smile_big:  

I have not read through the whole 190 something pages, but I did get thorugh a lot of the earlier stuff and your car is an amazing piece of work, damn near like art in motion!  All I can can is you some major perseverance and dedication!!  :2thumbs:  It may be awhile before I can afford a procharger, but I will defnitley reference your build for pointers.  I kinda pushed the limits when modding my Lightning... my wife HATED my truck!  That is why I have brought her into the fold on our resto project.    

WB General Lee

Sometimes you trust a guy or he may be a good talker many people have gone through this. I was trusting before myself but I learned from getting burned in the past to beware. I think most car guys have been screwed its just that so many body shops are full of loosers and con artists its hard to tell. I bought a car from George Barris in 2005 and just now finished the rstoration! It was at three shops until I had to ship it to Barris and Dick and Keith Dean did the restoration.

That is alot for a General Lee most of my pictures have to big a file for this site but as soon as I figure it out I can post shots of both my WB General Lees. I even have some cool shots of the Generals at WB. If anyone knows how to bring a picture file down to size I can send them the pictures to post.

Hey I got one to work!

Brock Samson

WB General Lee

The miror is whatever Warner Brothers put there. Who cares about the mirror, check out the paint :icon_smile_big:

WB General Lee

Like I said if I can be of help let me know. My friend has a body shop in Ohio and he is the best guy and will not screw you. He does great work!

The70RT

You must not have read the thread.....he has a guy doing his work. The shop he has practically restored the whole car. Have you seen his paint  :o
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

A few more sneak install shots...

Blower was so big the valve covers had to be modified.. But it's nothing Jon can't do with his eyes closed...

My level of excitement is going through the roof right about now..

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on October 22, 2010, 09:24:28 PM

My level of excitement is going through the roof right about now..

Your not the only one!   :lol:

Just remember this, what goes on with the real one is going on with the small one as well  :lol: ... well almost. 

Those photos you just posted will help me out tonight.   

The70RT

Awesome, You will need to get a video of it going down the road so we can hear it  :drive:

WB General Lee

No I havent read the thread just recent posts. Just got on the board, there is alot of reading here. Just trying to be helpful. Car looks great!

tan top

Quote from: The70RT on October 22, 2010, 09:38:56 PM
Awesome, You will need to get a video of it going down the road so we can hear it  :drive:

:yesnod:  yep deffo need a video of this thing when done  :drool5: :drool5: :coolgleamA: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Count on the video...

Here's a couple more teaser shots... You'll see the two spots where the valve cover needed some "adjustment"  :lol:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on October 23, 2010, 04:17:19 PM

This one would of really have been a very very big help to me right now only if that dang radiator support wasn't in the dang way.. I'm starting to hate that dang thing  :lol: 

Hey Jeff, bud, when I ask last night for a direct on photo of the front mounting plate , I meant the procharger plate, not the radiator support   :smilielol: :smilielol: 

I love the set up so far  :2thumbs: 

TylerCharger69

Quote from: The70RT on October 22, 2010, 08:59:04 PM
You must not have read the thread.....he has a guy doing his work. The shop he has practically restored the whole car. Have you seen his paint  :o

Oh the paint on JB666  car is by far the best ever!!!   Probably the nicest General Lee anywhere!!!   A lot nicer than mine  that's for sure!!!

NoGL

Oh the paint on JB666  car is by far the best ever!!!   Probably the nicest General Lee anywhere!!!   A lot nicer than mine  that's for sure!!!
[/quote]

i would have to diagree with the above statement.   WB General Lee 's car is not a clone it's a Real General Lee

RD

Quote from: NoGL on October 24, 2010, 01:15:07 AM

Oh the paint on JB666  car is by far the best ever!!!   Probably the nicest General Lee anywhere!!!   A lot nicer than mine  that's for sure!!!

i would have to diagree with the above statement.   WB General Lee 's car is not a clone it's a Real General Lee

nicest as in quality... the paint is immaculate.  original WB GL? no.. but the best painted one? most likely.  and this is coming from a guy who "generally" (<--- play on words) does not like seeing general lees.  but i sure can appreciate the hardwork and hell JB666 had to go through (notice his username for the hell reference, i am on a roll tonight huh?) to get his car to where it is today.

looks great Jeff... keep them engine pics a comin!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NoGL

I'm sure it is lot's a hard work    my issue was the statement nicest GL   you can't compare a clone with a real  tv or movie General Lee

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NoGL on October 24, 2010, 01:57:27 AM
I'm sure it is lot's a hard work    my issue was the statement nicest GL   you can't compare a clone with a real  tv or movie General Lee

Why not? If the clone is nicer its nicer! Authenticity isn't a way of measuring how well a car is done.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 24, 2010, 09:35:41 AM
Quote from: NoGL on October 24, 2010, 01:57:27 AM

Why not? If the clone is nicer its nicer! Authenticity isn't a way of measuring how well a car is done.

:iagree:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

This thread is about JB666's car. I would say start another one for the WB car.  :Twocents:

FLG

Quote from: The70RT on October 24, 2010, 12:15:02 PM
This thread is about JB666's car. I would say start another one for the WB car.  :Twocents:

I agree keep this thread on track.

Jeff car looks great!

NoGL

Good idea  on a new post i'm into the movie/TV cars  thanks guys   john

jb666

Quote from: RD on October 24, 2010, 01:20:56 AM
Quote from: NoGL on October 24, 2010, 01:15:07 AM

Oh the paint on JB666  car is by far the best ever!!!   Probably the nicest General Lee anywhere!!!   A lot nicer than mine  that's for sure!!!

i would have to diagree with the above statement.   WB General Lee 's car is not a clone it's a Real General Lee

nicest as in quality... the paint is immaculate.  original WB GL? no.. but the best painted one? most likely.  and this is coming from a guy who "generally" (<--- play on words) does not like seeing general lees.  but i sure can appreciate the hardwork and hell JB666 had to go through (notice his username for the hell reference, i am on a roll tonight huh?) to get his car to where it is today.

looks great Jeff... keep them engine pics a comin!

WOW, thank you!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: FLG on October 24, 2010, 12:58:05 PM
Quote from: The70RT on October 24, 2010, 12:15:02 PM

I agree keep this thread on track.

Jeff car looks great!

thanks man!! I'm REALLY excited for what's coming next...  Jon just sent me a teaser shot of the blower carb to let me know what's next....

I'm like a 10 year old waiting for Santa to come, right now... I almost considered taking Valium for the anxiety!!

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on October 23, 2010, 05:55:29 PM
Quote from: The70RT on October 22, 2010, 08:59:04 PM

Thank you!! I wish I had the talent to do the work that made my car look the way it does.. But alas, I'm not that talented.. my hat's off to you guys that CAN do your own stuff.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Listen, I'm not in a competition with anyone. I'm doing all of this for myself.. I'm living the dream, baby... Nothing else.  :cheers: