News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby41909

Quote from: jb666 on December 09, 2010, 08:14:31 PM

The car IS DONE AND READY for it's long winter's nap.. And will not come out until The World Of Wheels...

STORAGE???  That sucks...benefit of living in Florida I guess...Never need storage.  In fact the winter months are some of the best for cruising (although mine isnt quite ready...maybe early Feb).  Summer is great but only if you have A/C. 

Anyway, Ultra Sweet General....Wow   Nice to see someone else is pouring a ton of $$$ in a General.  Most I've seen aren't the best examples of a "restoration" and not many are done "right" like yours.  Excellent Job! 

jb666

Quote from: Bobby41909 on December 29, 2010, 01:04:16 PM
Quote from: jb666 on December 09, 2010, 08:14:31 PM

The car IS DONE AND READY for it's long winter's nap.. And will not come out until The World Of Wheels...

STORAGE???  That sucks...benefit of living in Florida I guess...Never need storage.  In fact the winter months are some of the best for cruising (although mine isnt quite ready...maybe early Feb).  Summer is great but only if you have A/C. 

Anyway, Ultra Sweet General....Wow   Nice to see someone else is pouring a ton of $$$ in a General.  Most I've seen aren't the best examples of a "restoration" and not many are done "right" like yours.  Excellent Job! 

Wow, thank you.. That's very nice of you to say.. I'm following yours on the edge of my seat  :cheers: :cheers:

Aussie R/T

How do you cope with leaving everything idle for the winter months.That coming from someone who has never seen snow. :smilielol:.

Plenty of water though, we are in the midst of the worst floods to hit the region in 50 years.

jb666

Quote from: Aussie R/T on December 29, 2010, 06:36:19 PM
How do you cope with leaving everything idle for the winter months.That coming from someone who has never seen snow. :smilielol:.

Plenty of water though, we are in the midst of the worst floods to hit the region in 50 years.

Trust me, it ain't easy.. I'm already going through huge withdrawals...

bamadukefan02

Have you ever thought about swapping in an aluminum block to lighten up the front end and see how that makes the car perform.  Is suggesting things for jb666 to do to the car like offering an alcoholic beer, just a bad idea?

Bobby41909

Quote from: bamadukefan02 on January 10, 2011, 04:44:41 AM
Have you ever thought about swapping in an aluminum block to lighten up the front end and see how that makes the car perform.  Is suggesting things for jb666 to do to the car like offering an alcoholic beer, just a bad idea?
Yes, I believe so...

jb666

:lol: You guys are too much...

An aluminum block? Even for an addict like me, that's overkill.. Wait, what am I talking about? I'll order it today.

Seriously though, this motor is NOT coming back out, EVER, unless it blows up... I'm not looking for weight reductions, at this point.. The car is faster than I'll ever need on the street.

jb666

Ok... A couple of DURING pictures of the EFI install...  Keep in mind that it is NOT finished and will look 100% complete the next time you see it... But it's off to the dyno for some major tuning!

:popcrn:

drifter69

WHITE AND RED 69

:drool5:  That's one hell of a nice setup. We need to see those dyno numbers when you get them.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

jb666

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 21, 2011, 12:10:44 AM
:drool5:  That's one hell of a nice setup. We need to see those dyno numbers when you get them.  :2thumbs:

You've got it... Hopefully those will be in the next few days. We just got another 10" of the white stuff dumped on us.. And another foot coming Tuesday night... So the completion of this might have to be squeezed in between.

jb666

Well, the General is HOME as of today... Took quite a bit of work (clearing snow from the road, and multiple driveways) so that Jon could get his big dually & Trailer down my road... But it's DONE!!

Ended up picking up exactly 20RWHP on the dyno.. But the difference in how the car runs is nothing short of amazing. Tap the key and it fires RIGHT over ...And IDLES PERFECTLY, even ice cold!! EFI will definitely make this thing a smooth driving street car with 700+CHP.   Keep in mind, this car was tuned 100% for efficiency.. A simple pulley swap could put me up a lot higher in #'s, but do I NEED that kind of power on the street? Do I NEED 700?????????? No... but it'll be fun...

So, I asked that it be done , tuned and made to be driven on the road (with a Spring blast up the track). And that's exactly what they did.

The ONLY time he'll see the snow!

Not quite moved over, or tucked in, but in a nice warm resting spot! My new heating unit keeps the garage at 60 with ease.

Bobs69

What are you a plastic surgeon or something!  Wow.  You seam to have kept a fairly positive attitude, I know I wouldn't have been able to.

Anyhow, what size rims do you have on the back

jb666

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 29, 2011, 04:41:59 PM
What are you a plastic surgeon or something!  Wow.  You seam to have kept a fairly positive attitude, I know I wouldn't have been able to.

:rofl: Hardly....

I have 15X10's on the back and 15X8.5's on the front.

Sean

Quote from: hollywood1336 on December 29, 2010, 10:18:36 AM
If there's anyone out there looking for a car to buy, watch out for the guys at Texas Toy Box. They will have you thinking you are buying a gem and you'll end up with a rock. It's a Father and son business, the father Ray, answers the phone and, the son is supposed to be a mechanic. They are both a couple of con artists and rip off merchants. A word of worning if you are thinking of buying something from them.

those guys sell nothing but polished turds

Bobs69

Quote from: jb666 on January 29, 2011, 04:51:08 PM

What rear end is in your car?  I didn't like the way the 10inch rim stuck out on my car, but looking at your picture they look great.

General_01

Quote from: Bobs69 on February 01, 2011, 03:19:06 AM
Quote from: jb666 on January 29, 2011, 04:51:08 PM

What rear end is in your car?  I didn't like the way the 10inch rim stuck out on my car, but looking at your picture they look great.

It's all about the backspace of the rims Bob. The more backspace a rim has, the further it sits in the wheel well. You probably had 4" backspace so the wheels stuck out more.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Exactly.. It's not about the rear end, it's the backspace 100%. These are American Racing Vectors.. And they are about the ONLY thing left from the car untouched from day one, so I couldn't tell you the backspace of the rims, sorry...

NHCharger

:o :o Good God, can't wait to see that blasting down the strip at New England Dragway. I'm assuming your going to be there for the Mopar show.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jb666

Quote from: NHCharger on February 01, 2011, 08:51:40 PM
:o :o Good God, can't wait to see that blasting down the strip at New England Dragway. I'm assuming your going to be there for the Mopar show.

Yes, for sure. I'll also be there a couple of weekends in May. 

I told someone the same thing the other day.. I don't care who beats me.. I had this done for me.. There's always someone bigger badder and faster out there.. For me it'll be cool watching JON blast my car down the track while I get some killer video.. THAT would make my lifetime!!!!!!!

472 R/T SE

Aww, c'mon JB, we want video of you boiling the tires & then blasting down the quarter.

I can understand though, I think it would take me a while to adjust to the HP.

472 R/T SE

I'm just posting this in hopes I can be the 1st to hit 200 pages.