News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Jeff, just bought the wife a nice camcorder for x-mas. I'll film you trashing the gear box anytime you want. I only live 20 minutes from NEDW.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 01, 2011, 09:10:08 PM
Aww, c'mon JB, we want video of you boiling the tires & then blasting down the quarter.

I can understand though, I think it would take me a while to adjust to the HP.

Well, here's my logic... Not sure it makes sense, but it's what I'm thinking...

Jon is a pro.. he's got thousands of runs under his belt. I figure is anyone can get the absolute best times out of my car HE can right out of the gate...

I'm not saying I'd kill my car... I'm just admitting that Jon's a Hell of a driver and I could benefit from his experience.

Quote from: NHCharger on February 01, 2011, 09:13:59 PM
Jeff, just bought the wife a nice camcorder for x-mas. I'll film you trashing the gear box anytime you want. I only live 20 minutes from NEDW.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 01, 2011, 09:11:07 PM
I'm just posting this in hopes I can be the 1st to hit 200 pages.

Post whore!!  :icon_smile_big:

Bobs69

Quote from: jb666 on February 01, 2011, 06:08:19 PM
Exactly.. It's not about the rear end, it's the backspace 100%. These are American Racing Vectors.. And they are about the ONLY thing left from the car untouched from day one, so I couldn't tell you the backspace of the rims, sorry...

No problem, I've been told that they are all the same 3 and 3/4 backspacing.  Got any pictures from behind?

Am I right about this, anyone?  All the AR vectors had the same backspace?

charger01

I had some 8.5 carroll shelby vectors that I believe had a 4 inch backspacing.  I always thought all of the ar vectors had the same backspacing , 3 3/4 I think until proven wrong on this forum.  There is a thread somewhere on here where a member posted pics of his different wheels with different backspacing,  Unfortunately I don't recall the thread.

Bobs69

Quote from: charger01 on February 02, 2011, 12:28:50 PM
I had some 8.5 carroll shelby vectors that I believe had a 4 inch backspacing.  I always thought all of the ar vectors had the same backspacing , 3 3/4 I think until proven wrong on this forum.  There is a thread somewhere on here where a member posted pics of his different wheels with different backspacing,  Unfortunately I don't recall the thread.

I wasn't started by Dixie Lee or Mopar01 was it!  haha
I'll look for it.  Thanks.

Bobby41909

Quote from: Bobs69 on February 02, 2011, 10:21:49 PM
Quote from: charger01 on February 02, 2011, 12:28:50 PM

I wasn't started by Dixie Lee or Mopar01 was it!  haha
I'll look for it.  Thanks.

What's the deal with Dixie Lee or Mopar01?  I've seen comments here and there and he tried selling me a Charger when I originally started posting in here but he never got back with me in time (I don't wait around and found another by the time he got back with me).  I see he's always looking for and selling stuff?

duster7071

i can't believe it has been this long since first seeing this on the cglfc boards, simply amazing job on the rebirth !
:2thumbs:

Bobby41909

Quote from: duster7071 on February 23, 2011, 10:26:35 AM
i can't believe it has been this long since first seeing this on the cglfc boards, simply amazing job on the rebirth !

CGLFC boards???  I've tried at least 8 times to become a member of that website and I never get the activation e-mail.  If you follow the directions it says if you have trouble or don't get the activation e-mail contact an administrator.  But you have to be a member to contact them....Crazy....

If anyone can contact them for me it would be great...my e-mail is bbatz@tampabay.rr.com

I wanted to post pictures of my General build on their but couldn't.  Now that I am alsomost done it would still be nice to have access.

jb666

Quote from: Bobby41909 on February 23, 2011, 12:50:36 PM

CGLFC boards???  I've tried at least 8 times to become a member of that website and I never get the activation e-mail.  If you follow the directions it says if you have trouble or don't get the activation e-mail contact an administrator.  But you have to be a member to contact them....Crazy....

If anyone can contact them for me it would be great...my e-mail is bbatz@tampabay.rr.com

I wanted to post pictures of my General build on their but couldn't.  Now that I am alsomost done it would still be nice to have access.

I got ripped off hard-core by a member of that forum and never returned...  Hell, I figure if I want to stick around and be abused and treated like s**t I'll just stay here  :lol:

Thanks! It's been a LONG JOURNEY... But it's finally over!!

Bobby41909

Quote from: jb666 on February 23, 2011, 10:05:12 PM

I got ripped off hard-core by a member of that forum and never returned...  Hell, I figure if I want to stick around and be abused and treated like s**t I'll just stay here  :lol:

Now that's funny.....

MoparManJim

Quote from: Bobby41909 on February 23, 2011, 10:13:42 PM

Now that's funny.....

I don't see it funny, my reason is I'm a member there myself just like afew other people on here is also. The person he is talking about was banned from that forum over a year ago now. I been a member of that forum long before I was a member here and over there I have seen people come and go and what some of them did AND why they got banned for too. 

Bobby41909

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 23, 2011, 10:50:38 PM
Quote from: Bobby41909 on February 23, 2011, 10:13:42 PM

Now that's funny.....

I don't see it funny, my reason is I'm a member there myself just like afew other people on here is also. The person he is talking about was banned from that forum over a year ago now. I been a member of that forum long before I was a member here and over there I have seen people come and go and what some of them did AND why they got banned for too. 

I was refering to his comment "Hell, I figure if I want to stick around and be abused and treated like s**t I'll just stay here"   

Plenty of that in this forum....especially with GL owners.  I am still interested in activating my e-mail if you can help.

Aussie R/T

Quote from: jb666 on February 01, 2011, 09:17:44 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 01, 2011, 09:10:08 PM
Aww, c'mon JB, we want video of you boiling the tires & then blasting down the quarter.

I can understand though, I think it would take me a while to adjust to the HP.

Well, here's my logic... Not sure it makes sense, but it's what I'm thinking...

Jon is a pro.. he's got thousands of runs under his belt. I figure is anyone can get the absolute best times out of my car HE can right out of the gate...

I'm not saying I'd kill my car... I'm just admitting that Jon's a Hell of a driver and I could benefit from his experience.

Quote from: NHCharger on February 01, 2011, 09:13:59 PM

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 01, 2011, 09:11:07 PM
I'm just posting this in hopes I can be the 1st to hit 200 pages.

Post whore!!  :icon_smile_big:

your just scared and I don't blame you,I was going to try and talk you into driving it but if you are to agressive on the throttle when changing gears and it looses traction it can get side ways very quickly.Normally this isn;t a prob but a lot of people ease off the gas and over correct and then it gets ugly.So if you have a healthy respect best stick to it.Just see if it launches straight and ask jon how it is he may feel confident and he may not it all depends on the way it transfers the power to the ground.In any case you'll get some cool vids.Half your luck I wish my R/T was doing the same soon.   

Dave C

I was at the shop today and Jon said he will only drive your car if you make a full pass in the Nova first. Ya he did.

jb666

Quote from: Dave C on February 25, 2011, 09:36:46 PM
I was at the shop today and Jon said he will only drive your car if you make a full pass in the Nova first. Ya he did.

Uh oh...  :o

Tell him only if the car's got a wing on it..  :yesnod:

jb666

Talk about a way to end an (almost) 3 year saga.... My light at the end of the tunnel... I'm hitting my first EVER World Of Wheels next weekend... It's been a long time coming.. And the hype the show's getting is already blowing me away... THIS truly is the END OF THE SAGA...  From rags to riches!!

One show flier...

And my show poster... Written by someone who's written more magazine articles than I've posted here!!

I absolutely can not wait... We are loading the car into the trailer next Thursday morning and heading in...  This is what it's all been about and THIS is what I've said I will do since I was 10 years old...

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

jb666

Quote from: Khyron on March 26, 2011, 04:43:26 PM
congrads and have fun :)

thanks!! We definitely will... It's been a long time coming, and I've had nothing but anxiety about this for the past few weeks (knowing the show was coming). But now? It's turned into excitement.... I will do this show once and never again.. One of the things on my "bucket list"  :lol:

mikepmcs

Congratulations to the Bakers.  Bucket list check off items are good things to get done.
Have fun.
Car looks fabulous.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 26, 2011, 06:02:56 PM
Congratulations to the Bakers.  Bucket list check off items are good things to get done.
Have fun.
Car looks fabulous.

Mike

Thanks, Mike!! I know you love large crowds as much as I do, so I know the answer to the "are you coming down?" question  :lol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 26, 2011, 06:21:53 PM
Cool beans Jeff have a great time!!

Thanks!! It'll be a long 3 days, but a long weekend I'm sure I won't forget any time soon.

FLG

Hey Mike,

You gonna be there?

Im going on sunday and than gonna head up to you afterwards  :2thumbs: