News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sticking emblems to vinyl top?

Started by AKcharger, October 30, 2005, 09:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Well I've went about 1/2 a year now looking for "Charger" script embles for my '72 and I'm about to quit I was thinking of getting the stick on kind and just attach them to the vinyl top...far from perfect but looks like the best I can do. anyone ever try this?
AK

cudaken

Is the scrip driffrent than a 68-70? You can get them from year one. Or is the mouting pegs driffrent?

Pegs can be broken off and then a enblem glue can be used. When my 69 Charger top was done top guy did not want to drop the head liner so it broke them off and glued back on. That was 15 years ago and still holden fine.

Cuda Ken

I am back

Spartan

I told the guys who did my roof I wanted the tabs in tact but they broke them off and glued them on instead.....I was a little ticked about it.  If you do glue them on they should work.  Mine have been glued on for almost 22 years and no one has even known (except for my dad).  Are yours 2 hole or 3 hole mounting tabs?
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

RTPTRON

I learned that the emblems were glued on this summer when my 68 was painted and a new vinyl top installed.  I ordered new emblems from year one and we istalled them correctly on the new top.

I don't know how hard it is to find emblems for your car but the 68-70 are readlily available.

AKcharger

Thanks guys

The Charger Script and the Charger "arrow" are unique to 1972's and smaller in size than the 68-70's . Most people leave them off (take a look at pictures and shows, very few still have 'em)

I just purchase one used "arrow" and paid $40 including shipping from a parts yard in ohio...I think I'll just give up on the original post mounting and glue, especially after hearing the success you gentlemen have had.

Recommended adhesive? 

cudaken

3 M Clear Emblem Adhesive.

Cuda Ken
I am back

AKcharger